Update-we chose Hyatt Place Safe clean hotel within walking distance or good shuttle times?

alohamom

DIS Veteran
My kids (21 & 19) are looking to do a 3 day Disneyland quickie trip. They are not renting a car soooo where do all you Anaheim experts suggest they stay? I was thinking about a place that is close enough to walk but then I got to thinking a hotel with a good shuttle might be ok. They are limited by a tight budget but I dont want them staying someplace unsafe or too far. I am thinking about 150-175 night.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Last edited:
Desert Inn & Suites, right at the crosswalk, 5 minutes to the turnstiles. You can usually get a standard room for $130-140 a night. It's certainly not fancy-- continental breakfast is kinda lame, water pressure in the showers is not great-- but we found it reasonably clean, and it felt safe, even though it has outside walkways (like most of the hotels on Harbor). Its biggest plus is being so close. It's very easy to take breaks back at the hotel midday, when the parks are hot and crowded.
Edited to add: you didn't say when they are going-- DI&S is definitely much cheaper the farther out you can book. :)

My kids (21 & 19) are looking to do a 3 day Disneyland quickie trip. They are not renting a car soooo when do all you Anaheim suggest they stay? I was thinking about a place that is close enough to walk but then I got to thinking a hotel with a good shuttle might be ok. They are limited by a tight budget but I dont want them staying someplace unsafe or too far. I am thinking about 150-175 night.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
What are their dates.
If it's not too soon they might find a nice rate at one of the places on Harbor.
If it is SOON, it would be best to call the hotel directly.
I would start with the Desert Inn & Suites. they are pretty much right at the cross-walk

Good luck

Desert Inn & Suites, right at the crosswalk, 5 minutes to the turnstiles. You can usually get a standard room for $130-140 a night. It's certainly not fancy-- continental breakfast is kinda lame, water pressure in the showers is not great-- but we found it reasonably clean, and it felt safe, even though it has outside walkways (like most of the hotels on Harbor). Its biggest plus is being so close. It's very easy to take breaks back at the hotel midday, when the parks are hot and crowded.
Edited to add: you didn't say when they are going-- DI&S is definitely much cheaper the farther out you can book. :)
Re: the water pressure, I figured an easy go-round at my last visit! At least in my room, there was a regular shower head and a hand-held shower. They don't come from the same faucet/line weirdly enough, so you can get twice the water by turning them both on. It was glorious.

You guys are awesome! They are looking at the week of April 22-26. I know it is pretty close, this was a very last minute decision. I am going to check out the Desert Inn right now...

Does any one have feedback regarding Four Points by Sheraton? Is it a far walk? Is it in an ok area?

My daughter and dad liked HOJO. Its a short walk to Disney and everytime I have booked it (never stayed there but others Ive booked for have) its normally fairly cheap and under $150 a night.

Definetly Hojo. Stayed there over a dozen times in the past 10 years. No complaints and one of only 2 hotels on Harbor with indoor hallways!

For budget minded trips, people here like the Motel 6 -- clean, safe, short walk, on the ART system, gets the job done. The Grand Legacy can have good rates. The Hotel Indigo can have good rates. The Four Points is technically walkable, but it is uphill at the end of the day -- this can be a deal breaker for some people. The Majestic Garden can have good deals, has a private shuttle to the Harbor entrance, and is walking distance (about 10 minutes) to the M&F tram. Don't forget to look at hotels that are down by the TS lot (use Google maps to see these hotels). You can walk to the TS lot and take the free shuttles to/from the parks.

Last edited:
The reason you're having trouble is that the week after Easter is one of the busiest ones in the year. Rates are quite a bit higher and many places are full.

If you look on Expedia, search for Anaheim hotels for your dates. Then click on the map in the upper left hand corner. You can zoom in around Disneyland and get a pretty good idea of availability. I am seeing quite a bit within your budget, that's on the ART line-- Anaheim Transit-- like around Manchester and Katella, like Candlewood Suites and Peacock Inn. ART isn't ideal, but plenty of people use it to get to the parks, and it's usually pretty reliable, but that week I'm guessing, again, it'll be very busy. They could also walk over to the Toy Story parking lot and take the shuttle. Or Uber over.

I haven't heard anything about Four Points by Sheraton, but it gets average reviews on TripAdvisor. That's another good place to check the map and look at reviews. Good luck! It sounds like a fun sibling trip!

The Four Points used to be the Menage (a more business oriented hotel). The biggest complaints I've heard: the uphill walk on the way back after a long day in the parks and freeway noise.

Last edited:
We have had good luck with the Del Sol, it is right across from the resort entrance (next to the Desert Inn mentioned above) and usually have the best rates of any of the "crosswalk" hotels.

I second Motel 6 Main Gate on Disney Way. Im a solo female traveller and I have stayed there multiple times and Im booked there for my June 2019 trip. Its the first pickup and first drop off on the ART bus route , travel time is approx 10 minutes, depending on traffic. There is a small convenience shop in the lobby, a swimming pool, and vending machines in the lobby. There is free coffee before 10am and microwaves for guests use also in the lobby. They sell the ART tickets at reception.

Thanks so much to all of you for your feedback, it is really helping

We have been as a family a couple of times to DL so I vaguely remember the area but as I am reading your responses it is becoming clearer.

Someone in another thread mentioned getting a great rate at the Cortona. That hotel is near the TS lot -- a short walk to the lot, then free shuttles to the park. You can find lower rates at the hotels near the intersection of Disneyland Dr. and Ball Rd. -- north of the M&F structure -- again, check Google maps to see which hotels are in that area. There is a Super 8 on Disneyland Dr. that is about a 10 minute walk to the M&F tram. The pedestrian entrance for the tram is currently located at the corner of Magic Way and Disneyland Dr. -- you can often find good rates at the hotels that are walking distance to the tram. The walk is easy (if there are no mobility issues) and the area is safe. We've done that walk many times, day and night, without any problems.

Someone in another thread mentioned getting a great rate at the Cortona. That hotel is near the TS lot -- a short walk to the lot, then free shuttles to the park. You can find lower rates at the hotels near the intersection of Disneyland Dr. and Ball Rd. -- north of the M&F structure -- again, check Google maps to see which hotels are in that area. There is a Super 8 on Disneyland Dr. that is about a 10 minute walk to the M&F tram. The pedestrian entrance for the tram is currently located at the corner of Magic Way and Disneyland Dr. -- you can often find good rates at the hotels that are walking distance to the tram. The walk is easy (if there are no mobility issues) and the area is safe. We've done that walk many times, day and night, without any problems.

I just got a good rate at the Cortona (on their site, but it was for the week after that, and I got 15% off for booking more than 3 nights) and switched our room to their from the BW Raffles. It’s a pretty short walk to the tram at the Toy Story lot, (my husband and I tried it to the Hilton, which is about the same distance before) and I never felt unsafe. The free breakfast looks a step above continental, with some hot items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter