Help! Questions about Babysitting Services

tinafromnj

Earning My Ears
Hi -

Kind of a newbie to this board so forgive my questions if they seem like common sense to some of you...

Ok, here's the situation, my friend has recently divorced and we've been talking about taking a vacation with her two sons to Disney World - but they are rather rowdy boys and it wouldn't be much of a vacation for their Mom who really needs a break. So, here are the questions:

- Is it possible to hire a full time babysitter who will take the kids through out the parks, etc., while their Mom and I go off and enjoy some of the more adult activities Disney has to offer? If so, what prices can we expect for this service and also do any of the plans cover private baby sitting?

The boys are aged 8 and 6 if that is necessary to know...

I've tried to talk her into a cruise where this type of service is available but, she is prone to seasickness and doesn't want to take that route.

So H-E-L-P if you have any ideas or suggestions or have been in a similar situation yourself!

Thanks a bunch! Your input is very deeply appreciated!!:bounce:

I am not aware of any service that will take your kids to the parks. However, the Kids clubs at the Poly, the Wilderness Lodge, the GF, the CR, and the BC are great. You can drop off your kid at 4pm and pick him up at midnight. They give you a beeper in case of emergency. It wouldn't give mom a total break, but at least the two of you could enjoy a good dinner or a few rides on your own.

Hi tinafromnj, I have not used the childcare services at Disney. We are planning a trip for April and I came accross this info in the Passporter travel book.

Fairy Godmothers: (407) 969-9847 and toll free 877-611-4314
All about kids: 407-812-9300

Professional sitters will take your kids to the parks or watch your kids in your hotel room. Sitters are bonded and insured. They also do criminal backround checks. No price range is given it just says rates vary.

Worth a call or maybe someone else has used their services. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
tinafromenj-

I used a sitter service for my then 6-month-old in April 2002. I cannot remember the name of it off hand, but I called the Lake Buena Vista (stayed off-site) Visitors Center for information. I had a wonderful lady who came two days in a row!! Anyway, the service I used was willing to provide "in-park" sitters, but you have to pay their travel fee (usually $8-10), their parking fee, entrance fee into the park AND their regular babysitting fee. I ended up paying $100/day for in room sitting off site (2 days) which was probably the best $200 we spent on that trip!! :sunny:

This time around, we are not planning on using a sitter since "baby" will be 22 months and is already far more adventurous than 4yo sister! But I will keep Kindercare and Fariy Godmothers in the back of my head for emergencies!:crazy:

I have used Fairy Godmothers 3 or 4 times and have always had a great sitter. But, it's expensive. It may be less per child for 2 kids but we paid $80 for a night out for dinner at Victoria and Alberts. I can't wait until my daughter turns 4 and she can go to the kids club at the Polynesian. We'll save money and she'll have a blast!

Some of the plans cover group childcare, and the platinum add on covers in-room babysitting. But I don't know if the Disney in-room sitting will go to the parks.

I think the kids clubs would be a great break! Choose an evening with an e-night or plan a Pleasure Island night, drop the kids at the club at 4:30 (they get dinner), and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter