HELP!!!!! Trying to iron on and lost instructions

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
So I finally get my t-shirts, transfer paper, designs all in order...........and my instructions that came with my transfer paper got thrown away on accident!!! :sad2: I got the light transfer paper from Ebay that was recommended here. Does anyone still have the instructions from their light transfer paper from Ebay???

Here are my questions: There is a "more shiney" side than the other, is that the side that gets printed on?? Also, the parchment paper is gone (with the instructions). Do I always need to use parchment paper, and if so, can I use the sheets that came with my dark transfer paper?? Also, I only got 2 sheets of parchment paper with my dark transfer paper I ordered (10 sheets) I'm assuming these can be reused............

Do I allow the transfer to cool before peeling parchment paper??

thank you so much.......

I see your plea..I'd love to help..but I'm a transfer paper-user virgin.
I have no clues. :confused3
So sorry.

I've been trying to figure out the fabric-spray paint posts myself!

I'd also love to help but I use the Avery transfer paper from Walmart. It has been very quiet the last couple of days. The usual posters that would have that info haven't been on. I'm sure when they get on later tonight or tomorrow, you'll have several that will answer your questions.

You don't need a parchment paper for light colored transfers. I used Avery brand. It has a logo printed on the wrong side. The iron on side has more texture than the wrong side.

You need to print your image as a mirror image (reversed).

You should use a hard surface not your ironing board. If you use a table be sure to use a pillowcase so you don't damage your table. Iron pillowcase to remove wrinkles. Iron garment to remove wrinkles-allow to cool. Position your transfer sheet face down-the logo (wrong side) should face up.

I have used my flat top stove. I think others have used a wood cutting board on their ironing board.

Highest temperature setting.

Preheat for 5 minutes.

Do not use steam.

Iron for 3 minutes total on images larger than 1/2 page.

Using firm pressure, slowly iron from one side to the other (20 seconds per pass). Use enough overlapping passes to completely cover you image, especially the edges.

Repeat above from top to bottom.

Peel when cool to the touch (approximately 2 minutes).

Good Luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter