Help Understanding Add-ons and the 7/11-month booking

timmac

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I am not a DVC owner yet, and can't imagine I will be in too near future (but possibly eventually), but I'm trying to figure out how it works with add-ons. Suppose, for instance, I buy my initial purchase at one resort, say 150 points, then do a 50 point add-on at a different resort. Would I theoretically be able to book at either resort at the 11 month window, using any of my total 200 points?

Thanks!

nope.

but you can bank and borrow with the 50 pt add-on contract to get 150 pts every third year to use at that resort with the 11 month window...

or you can wait and use those points at the other resort at the 7 month window, subject to availability.

Would I theoretically be able to book at either resort at the 11 month window, using any of my total 200 points?

Thanks!

No. The 11 month Home resort booking applies only to points held at that particular resort. :)

No. The 11 month Home resort booking applies only to points held at that particular resort. :)
You can, however, combine all your points at the 7 month window to book anywhere. That is the primary advantage (IMO) to buying an add-on from Disney v/s buying a resale for your second contract.

You can, however, combine all your points at the 7 month window to book anywhere. That is the primary advantage (IMO) to buying an add-on from Disney v/s buying a resale for your second contract.

I haven't even closed my resale and I have already decided to buy an add-on from Disney. It didn't take this long when I bought my house.

I haven't even closed my resale and I have already decided to buy an add-on from Disney. It didn't take this long when I bought my house.
Yeah, resales can be a pain. I just sold my OKW contract (so we could buy at AKV and CRV) and it took 6 weeks from start to finish. But think of all the money you saved!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter