HELP us decide 7-day vs. 4-day

mthurn

Earning My Ears
Can anyone give us some advice to help us decide between the 7-day vs. a 4-day cruise? We have 4 children ages 5 thru 13 and this will be the first cruise for all of us. TIA

mthurn

First thing to consider would be "How are the children going to react to being at sea on a ship". Since you have never cruised before, the 4 day would be a good barometer, sorta speak. With that said, we have only sailed on 7 day cruises and really enjoyed them. Generally speaking you will have more days "at sea" on a 7 day opposed to a 4 day. Alot depends on the itinerary of the cruise. The more ports of call, the less days at sea. Cost is another factor as well. The longer the cruise and the more ports of call, the higher the cost.

There is a wealth of information on this board regarding both types of cruises. Here are a few links which could be helpful:

http://www.dcltribute.com/
http://www.castawayclub.com/

Hope this helps!!
GG

Our first cruise in 2000 was the 4 day, because we had never cruised before. We have since been on the 7 day 3 times with the next one booked for 2004. We loved it and the extra days and ports are great. I think there are several things to consider, money being the biggest factor and how the kids will enjoy it. If you think this will be a once and done deal then I would go on the 7 day, if your funds allow you to take repeat cruises then try out the 4 day, you will be hooked. Our grandkids just love the clubs, ages 8 and 9, but some have reported that their kids did not. The only time I was paged the whole cruise in August was 20 minutes before the club closed on the last night. My grandaughter was in tears because she had to say goodbye to her favorite staff member.

I cruised NCL to Key West & Cozumel 4nights 12/01. It was not long enough.

This Nov Im hoping to get onboard the 7night Magic Western. It will be DH & DS first cruise ever!

Hubby and I are taking our first cruise ever (leaving 9/13), we chose which cruise, by which ports we wanted to see.

Our first cruise was the 3 day as part of the land and sea package - way too short!

We've done 2 four-days which are nice little getaways especially once you know the ship. The 4 day would be a good test cruise since you have never cruised before.

For a true cruise experience I love the 7 days. The best part of cruising to me is the days at Sea and you don't get that at all on the 3 day and not every 4 day sailing. I also love the ports on the longer cruises.

We love cruising so much we've booked the 10 day that Disney is doing next Christmas!

Only you know your family. If you can swing a 7 day I say do it, but if you can't, or if you just aren't sure they'll love it then do the 4 day.

Originally we booked a 4 night (DH, myself and 2 kids ages 3 & 6) but after I started "getting in to it" reading boards etc. I decided 4 Nights was just not long enough so we changed it to 7 nights:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter