• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help? What type of camcorder?

kapica3

Mouseketeer
Hi, I have a regular camcorder (old fashion small tape). Want to purchase a new one and was wondering about the difference of what the machine uses to record on. (....was that a sentence?) Well anyhow,,,,,, can anyone help me out with the advantages/disadvantages of mini-dvd, dvd and built in memory. As you can tell, I'm not sure what I am talking about. Any input would be helpful.

Eventually I would like to be able to edit and store what ever I record on cd/dvd's without too much trouble.

P.S. Any suggestions on which program to use? I think my computer has something called windows Movie Maker.

Thank you.

We use a Canon Elura 90 and shot over 7 hours of video on our last trip to WDW. I am very satisfied with the camera overall. It fits my hand comfortably, has excellent zoom, and the audio is great. I am dissapointed in the low-light environment, but knew that from reviews on the camera. The indoor shots are acceptable, but slightly blurry. I would preface this by telling you that I only had the camera for a week and I am not sure if I had the low-light setting on or not.
The camera connects to my PC via Firewire (IEEE 1394) and I use either Microsoft Movie Maker, which is very easy, or Adobe Premiere Pro, which I am now learning to use.
If you want examples of good park videos go to Rob Alvey's website at www.themeparkreview.com to see some great videos.
Good luck with your camera

I have a Sony DCR-TRV80 (mini-DV format) and I am extremely happy with it. The video quality is excellent day and night. It is small but has a 3.5 inch LCD screen on it. It has an image stabilizing feature that works well and a nightshot feature that will take video in the dark. And it has a 2 megapixel still camera that takes fairly good pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter