Help! What would you do CSR or AKL

dcg0317

DIS Veteran
Ok I can't decide what to do. I first had ressie at CSR for myself and DS10 in sept. with the Dreammaker pkg. Had it changed to the FTP and it sved me $700. Now I was offered to stay at the AKL lodge with a Savanna View for only $2233.00. Now my DS has never been to WDW and I was wondering how much time will we actualy be spending at the resort except to sleep, some eating, and swimming. Already have tickets for MNSSHP, and ond charecter dinner planned. If we don't go to AKL then I have more spending money and will most likely buy a digital camera for our trip down. Oh what to do?
:confused: :confused:
Thanks for any help.
Don

For us, we would prefer to stay at a moderate rather than a deluxe resort b/c we just don't feel we spend enough time in the room or at the resort to warrant the ridiculously expensive rates. We absolutely loved CSR and with the spa, fitness center and layout of the resort, we really preferred CSR over some of the deluxes we visited during trips. We like having our room open to the outdoor hallway-we can get some fresh air, or take some pictures of the outside area. (last time our corner room looked right at the quiet pool so I was able to take pics of my early riser fiancee sunbathing, with my pajamas on! For some that might sound silly but we really like the moderates, esp. CSR. We would also prefer to have more money for food, souvenirs and any other activities. Or here's a crazy thought...actually leaving the savings over booking a moderate instead at home! Yeah right!
Good luck!:)

My 10 year old son and I are going in August. We decided to split our stay. We stayed at the AKL over New Year's and loved it. However, my son also really likes the water slide at CSR too. So... we are staying 4 nights at AKL and 6 nights at CSR.

I have stayed at both resorts and although I loved AKL and would return in a heartbeat, CSR is my absolute favorite resort! For a mod, it is really nice! I would save the money.

I think AKL is a unique Disney adventure. It is probably the ONLY hotel you will ever stay in with African animals out your window (unless you go on a Safari). I would stay there at least once and it is probably the only hotel in Disney I would pay for the view at.

I just returned from AKL Wednesday. While the hotel is nice I had mixed impressions. My review is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=370030

Friday I rebooked CSR for August. I can't wait to go back! CSR has a terrific pool and the grounds are beautiful.

Personally I would take the extra spending money and buy that digital camera and do some of the things you wouldn't normally do.

Thanks everyone, I'm going to stick with my orignal plans and stay at CSR. I think I will buy a digital camera for our trip and have some extra spending money.
Mario, my ds and I have been to your site, we love it, my ds ask me at least once a week to go there and see the pictures, thank you.
Don:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter