• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with computer please.....non DIS related

klombar

Old timer
After running a disk defrag my computer drive continues to run and will not stop. Its been running straight for over half an hour like it was searching for something.The defrag completed and I closed it cleanly I believe. I dont know what to do. Gateway was no help.I would be grateful for any ideas.

Sorry klombar...

I'm "PC stupid" but if it was me on my Mac, I'd just restart and know that my "disk first aid" would either take care of the problem or tell me what to do to fix it.

Any other suggestions from "PC" people? :confused:

JC is our PC expert and he only DISes during the week. My tech area is more in the clipart and web area, my dh has always handled pc problems for me.

He suggested doing a Ctrl/Alt/Delete to see what is still running. You might be able to stop it that way. If you don't see anything unusual there, his advice to me is always to shut down and restart my computer.

You might try posting on the CB as well. There are a lot of computer people there who would be glad to help. :D

Interesting because many times disk defragment will lock up running under windows. I found this advice somewhere to ease that. Before you start disk defrag, press and hold CTRL and ALT, then hit the DELETE key (as you are holding down the others). Press this ONCE. A window should pop up showing all the programs currently running. Click on any of them EXCEPT Explorer and click "end task". Do this for every program (except Explorer). Then run disk defragment. It should run a complete cycle. I have this problem too, well, used to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter