Help with Hollywood Studios? Late arrival...

CaperRD

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
You were all so helpful when I asked about AK, so here goes!
Planning our first family trip to WDW! Myself, hubby & 6yo son. 4 park days, so only getting to each park once. However, we are planning to visit HS the day AFTER we go to MNSSHP! So, we fully expect to get home quite late that night; and not get to HS until mid-morning! 10:30 methinks?? So, to my question...
Should we wait to do Toy Story Land until the evening? Before Fantasmic? I'm struggling with a touring plan for that day...
We are NOT doing TofT or R&RC. Probably won't do Frozen Sing either.
ARE interested in seeing Storm Troopers, Muppets and Toy Story Land (plus others)
So, should I aim for FP for Toy Story Rides before lunch? Or wait until late day?
Should I use FP on Fantasmic?
Any suggestions for our plan that day would be great!
PS - will be visiting HS on Monday Oct 29th!
Thank YOU!

I wouldn't get a fast pass for fantasmic. I would try to get an early fast pass for something in toy story land and 2 others and use those and then try to get something else for toy story land. SDD seems to be the hardest to get so I'd book that in advance

1) I would consider Frozen Sing along as it is pretty funny. 2) I agree about not getting one for Fantasmic! 3) If you do the beauty and the beast show, pay close attention to the sign language interpreters as they made the show for us the last time we saw it (so funny)! And 4) while neither of my kids have ever done this, I hear if you go first thing you could maybe sign up your little guy for Jedi training which he might like.
I also agree with PP get an early FP for Toy Story Land (probably SDD) and but jump into the standby line for TSMM as early as you can before it gets too long. (I love TSMM!!!)
Don't stress too much about the planning, try to enjoy it!
Have an awesome time!

Hi Hon
I would take it easy and aim for late morning lunch arrival
JMHO (Just My Honest Opinion)
My choice for a cool ride in Toy Story Land would be Toy story mania--not Slinky Dog Dash Or Alien saucers,,but you will have to choose for your family.
Maybe youtube video them.

Have you looked at this
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dessert-vip-viewing/

FP+ Toy Story Mania
Fp+ Star Tours
FP+ Muppets
Beauty and the Beast show is great for a sit down relaxing break (outdoor amphitheatre) as is Voyage of the Little Mermaid (Indoor theatre).

Take an late afternoon break---Andy's lunch Box
Go to early Fantasmic show///sometimes there are two show in an evening---check schedule.
If there are two--the later one will be less busy.
https://touringplans.com/hollywood-studios/fastpass

Hugs Mel

My son didn't like toy story mania. He is very competitive and he found it stressful. I suspect most kids are not like that. He really wants to do the slinky dog dash. If you want to do the jedi training you would need to arrive earlier. But if that doesn't matter then I'd think you can take your time. We did a fantasmic breakfast, so we got the good seats, but it rained so we didn't stay long enough to see any way (kiddo refused to stay any longer in the rain). He enjoyed the Indiana Jones show. We didn't do ToT or RnRC. He liked Star Tours, and we met a few of the Star Wars guys but it was before he'd watched the movies so he wasn't that impressed. I am sure you can arrive later and have plenty of time for what you want to do, provided you don't want the jedi training, and get a fastpass for the one ride you really want. I wouldn't use one for fantasmic though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter