• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with leaving park each afternoon

Brumeiser

Total Disney Nut
I have seen in many post with people leaving in the middle of the afternoon for a break from the heat etc. I would like to do this mainly because of all our food certificates. We are staying at the Dolphin and I know people were talking about what I believe is the Crossroads shopping area. Do you get your hand stamp as you leave correct? and how do you get back in? I know we can cut our food cost down by eating lunch at the park and eating dinner offsite. Thanks

Get a hand stamp on the way out. You use your ticket again when you come back~~but it only records that day, if you have a hopper pass. You will not lose a day.

just in case..you also need a stamp if you have an ap... to prove you are the one who used it that day. i mistaken thought the stamp was just with hopper passes but it's not. no problem ever getting back in though.

We were just there and were told by a cast member that the reason for the hand stamp is in case the system goes down, they know by the hand stamp that you were the one that used the pass at the park that day. We got a hand stamp every
time we left the park. When you re-enter the park, or hop to another park that day, just put your pass in the machine like you do the first time you enter the park.
:wave2:

With an AP, which has your name on it, and the finger-ID gizmo as well, why would you need a hand stamp to prove it is your AP?

Finger scans aren't infallible, and children with AP's don't use the finger scan at all.

I have had an AP for years & I park hop every day that I am there. I have never gotten a handstamp. If the finger scanner fails, I show my ID & get in. As long as your ID matches your AP, you're OK.:smooth:

Originally posted by Eljay
I have had an AP for years & I park hop every day that I am there. I have never gotten a handstamp. If the finger scanner fails, I show my ID & get in. As long as your ID matches your AP, you're OK.:smooth:

I have always done the same thing but on a recent trip I was admonished by a CM for not having the hand stamp. I was park hopping and as I entered the second park my pass wouldn't go through. The CM asked if I had been at another park. When I said yes he said, "Oh, well let me just see your hand stamp." I explained I didn't have one since I had an AP, but that I did have my ID. He wasn't happy and said I should always get a hand stamp. I don't understand why since I have the ID to prove it's mine. I could understand if it was a kid who wouldn't have an ID or have to do the scan. After that I figure it doesn't hurt to get the handstamp so I just do it.

When we had APs a few years ago, we were told (by CMs) that we didn't need to get a hand stamp if we had APs, because we would be doing the finger scan with the AP. Maybe they have changed their policies since then.

If you have an AP, you shouldn't need to get a handpass, due to the combination of your name being printed on the pass (and thus CMs are able to check your ID), and the biometric finger scan.

The hand stamp procedures are, in theory, supposed to be standard across all the parks - i.e. if you have a park hopper, you need a ticket and a handstamp for re-entries or hopping. If you have an AP or a Seasonal Pass, you do not need a hand stamp, as your pass has the biometric scan on it. CMs get frustrated when a guest tries to argue that because they have a hopper pass, they don't need a hand stamp. It's just a little stamp, it doesn't hurt, it doesn't even show up in normal lighting conditions, why protest it?

(there are times that I wished I lived in Theory. Because, don't ya know, in Theory, everything works the way it was designed to)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter