Help with planning

JenniJ

Mouseketeer
Hello,
This will be my upteen time going to Disney, but my last time there was in 2010. For this trip, it will be me, my DP, and DS. My DS has only been to Disney in 2010 when he was 4 and my DP has only been there once when he was about 10.

Back then, I planned my trip with a spreadsheet every option out (room w/base ticket, room w/hooper, room w/discount & base ticket, room w/discount & hopper ticket, all options with and without dining plan). Some may call me crazy over planner. Also, my DP needs to see the $$ and where they are being spent. He is a little nervous taking a Disney trip cause of how much it will cost. I thought I could create another spreadsheet like I did before, but with the new pricing it is not as straightforward.

Anyone have any tips on how to create a budget spreadsheet with the new price structure. Or any advice on how to plan?

Thanks,
Jenni

I usually do a spreadsheet with the following options for budget ( example is a 6 night trip )

Across the Top - Package 6 nts w/ 6 day PH / Package 6 nts w/ 5 day PH / Package 6 nts 6 day PH and Dining / Package 6 nts w/5 day PH and Dining.

Then along the left side my resort choices.

That would be the basic set up but I'd also contact a Disney Authorized Travel Agent. Sometimes they have group specials they can offer to a party your size.

I do mine as an excel file so I can add Package types is Specials are offered ( like Sun and Fun or Free Dining ) or add other hotels I might be interested in.

Happy Planning!

Go to My Disney Experience, set up an account and put your trip in the cart for accurate pricing for the time of year you want to travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!