Help with premium plan

heatherlynn444

DIS Veteran
ok, so no one really has been able to give me "clear" info on the premium plan. I am pretty sure you get breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day...so does that mean you have 3 TS credits a day? also, no one had been able to figure out a price for me. basically if you do this how much are you paying per day basically for food if you take out the park ticket? I'm confused. we like to eat 2 TS meals a day, with a lot of them being worth 2 credits. so i was thinking maybe it would be better to get the premium plan? or pay oop? help me please!!! :guilty:

i did some research on the premium plan 'cause we were considering it (since we also take advantage of the recreation portion w/fishing and such)... here's what i learned...

you each get three meals per day, signature/table/buffet/character/counter/dinner show/etc (basically ANY meal)... you cannot "bank" meals and have four today and two tomorrow or vice versa as it's limited to "per day" (unlike the MYW+Dining plan) for the length of your stay... w/the only variation being if you have two meals on arrival day, you get one on departure or vice versa... you do not get "credits" at all (gotta switch gears entirely from the MYW+D thinking)

you must buy park hopper/water park & more tickets w/this program for the length of stay... you cannot reduce the # of days on your tickets and you cannot remove the hopper or "more" components...

it includes tix to cirque, all watersports, magical gatherings (if you qualify by having 8 or more in your party), golf, tours, etc...

i hope this helps... it would be worth it for our family if we were not eligible for free dining, but we are, so it's not! LOL!

thanks that helps some! iin your research, did you figure out how much it would end up costing a day minus park tickets?

We have done the premium in the past and compared it and free dining for our next trip,......for 2 adults and 2 teens it was $7,500 for 10 days, your meals are at any restaurant including Fultons crab, they work the same as the other plan..if you wanted to eat all your meals in one day then you could.

The premium plan allows for alot of activities including golf and at over $200 a round including clubs that can add up for just a few rounds.

On the premium plan you can order whatever you want and some times the CMs point out extras, no limits.(By the end of the trip we were tired of eating)

The ticket portion for the 10 days was $1,200.

We priced out for 10 days on the free dining and it is $2,700, we are going when its hot and will not be golfing this year, we may still do the parasail and wake board and have added an additional $2000 for the activities and any extra meals not covered.

The money we saved this time payed for our airfair and an additinal 8 days for Universal and the other parks.

We like the idea of just one price and do any thing you want when you want and would do the premium again but in the fall only.

Hope this helped some. :wizard:

hi! thanks! you said it was 7500 for the 4 of you. are the ttens considered adults? and does that price in clude tickets and hotel? *sorry for all the quesitons!*

The teens are a tad cheaper then adults and we were booked in CBR prefered room and the tickets were the hopper with water park, all included, :cheer2:

so for anyone else interested, not including park tickets its about 139 dollars a person a day. (from my understanding) just in case anyone else reading wanted to know!

I hope I am doing this correctly- first timer...

I also checked about how to use the Premium plan meals. We used the plan last year (loved it!!!) and they just deducted the meal(s) using our card each time. We had four people and the servers usually took only one card. They would then let us know how many total meals we had left. They calculated according to the entire room package for all members in the party and did not break it down any further into breakfast, lunch and dinner.

With this in mind, I wanted to know this year if I could purchase a lunch mid week during our stay this year and use that remaining "meal" for dinner on our check-out day. I was assured this would be fine. Twice- by two different CMs. while making my many reservations. Soooo I've gone ahead and made reservations on the last check-out day for dinner. We are staying nearby so we can enjoy the entire day.

Now, reading this thread I am worried. Is this a case of different CMs having different information? Should I call again and get the name of the person providing the information? :confused:

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter