Here at VGF Right Now - Any Questions?

wdrl

DIS Veteran
We checked into VGF yesterday for a short three night stay. We are in a Lake View studio with a great view of the Poly DVC bungalows being constructed.

Very impressed with VGF. My wife didn't like the pillows in our villa so she asked if she could get a softer pillow. Housekeeping gave her a memory foam pillow which is more to her liking.

If you have any questions about VGF, I'll try to answer them. We are headed over to MK in a few minutes, so I probably won't respond until later today.

We ship out on the DCL Fantasy on Saturday, so our stay at VGF is short. But I'll try to answer any questions that are posted.

BTW, MagicBands and FP+ working great.

First....I am envious of your stay and cruise. What type of villa do you have and what floor?

Is it as gorgeous as the photo have shown? Anything besides the pillows that have surprised you or set this resort apart from others?

I tried to get us into VGF prior to our Dream cruise this summer but the points are just too high for 2 nights in a 1 bedroom. So, it OKW for the first time and on to VB for 4 nights and then the Dream.

Have a wonderful stay and cruise!:thumbsup2

Some have reported that storage space is limited in the VGF studios. Are you finding that to be the case? DH and I like to unpack completely when we stay at WDW so is that possible for a couple staying in a VGF studio?

Good to hear you can request different pillows. Thanks for that tip.

Enjoy your stay and your cruise!

Can you get into any of the rooms for which there are no pictures on your wonderful VGF thread?!?! I know, you've helped tremendously with that thread already...just wishful thinking! Have a great time!

First....I am envious of your stay and cruise. What type of villa do you have and what floor?

Is it as gorgeous as the photo have shown? Anything besides the pillows that have surprised you or set this resort apart from others?

Have a wonderful stay and cruise!:thumbsup2

We are in a Lake View Studio on the third floor. I'll post photos soon to the VGF Villas and Views thread showing our villa and the view.

I'm quite impressed with the VGF. The CMs, both at the Villas and at the main hotel, are very friendly and helpful. The villa itself is very nice and seems to be quite spacious. We like having the walk-in shower. We've had showers off and on so we haven't spent much time walking around the outside of the resort. But the quiet pool and kids' water play area are quite handy.

The TV-in-the bathroom mirror may appeal to some, but for us its just a novelty easily overlooked.

VGF has a couple BBQ grills located between the entrance and the VGF parking lot. Quite easy to get to. Grilling utensils can be obtained from the CMs at the VGF front desk.

Our mini-frig does not have a freezer compartment.

There are no hidden Mickeys in the VGF lobby.

Have a wonderful vacation! :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

We are having a great time!

Some have reported that storage space is limited in the VGF studios. Are you finding that to be the case? DH and I like to unpack completely when we stay at WDW so is that possible for a couple staying in a VGF studio?

Good to hear you can request different pillows. Thanks for that tip.

Enjoy your stay and your cruise!

Space is at a premium, but we are making use of what is available. There is a large drawer underneath the bed that is usable, plus another one that is of little use since it can't open very far because it hits the nightstand. The nightstand has two drawers, one of which holds the ubiquitous Bible and phonebook. We moved the Bible and phonebook to the unused drawer underneath the bed, so now we each use the nightstand drawers for some of our clothes.

The bed also has space underneath it to store some luggage. However, like at BLT, there is a good sized alcove area by the door leading to the attached one-bedroom villa. We've put all of our suitcases, cooler, and bags in that area.

The TV armoire holds the Murphy bed, so not much storage space available with it. However, underneath the TV are two compartments with flip up lids. One houses the DVD player but the other one is empty so it can serve as a drawer. We've squirreled away a few odds and ends in both compartments. Also, the armoire has some about 18 x 18 inches of, for lack of a better word, countertop space on either side of the TV. It looks cluttered, but that is where we've put a bunch of things, such as purse, backpack, hats, lanyards, cameras, pins, etc. I'll post a photo soon.

The bathroom area has enough counter space and shelves to accommodate our needs, comparable to other DVC studios. BTW, there are no shelves in the 'second' bathroom that has the toilet and tub, but there is a double hook for the bathrobes.

We are only here for three nights, so we haven't needed to unpack most of our stuff. A lot of clothes that we''ll use on the cruise is still in one of our suitcases. In November, we will be at BLT for 15 consecutive nights. That is when we'll unpack a lot more clothes.

All in all, I have no complaints about the space. However, its just my wife and me and we are use to being really close to one another. If it was a family of 5, it would be an entirely different story.

Can you get into any of the rooms for which there are no pictures on your wonderful VGF thread?!?! I know, you've helped tremendously with that thread already...just wishful thinking! Have a great time!

I'm not going to try to see other rooms; our vacation time is going by quick enough as it is. There is a DVC ASA manning a DVC kiosk in the VGF lobby and we've thought about asking if we can see a Grand Villa. Don't know if we'll get around to asking, though.

That second underbed drawer won't pull out any further even if the nightstand weren't there. We know because we moved the nightstand over a bit just to see.

We are nearly neighbours, we are in 1304 but check out today.

We have been here since Monday and are a family of three adults. We are using all the spare bedding on the sofa bed therefore, we are utilising the spare shelf in the closet for clothes storage. The two small lift up areas under the TV in our studio houses the DVD player and the other is locked.

We are managing with the lack of storage but wouldn't like to stay in a studio for more than four nights, everything left out is beginning to annoy me. We haven't fully unpacked as we are staying for 16 nights.

We are nearly neighbours, we are in 1304 but check out today.

The two small lift up areas under the TV in our studio houses the DVD player and the other is locked.

We are managing with the lack of storage but wouldn't like to stay in a studio for more than four nights, everything left out is beginning to annoy me. We haven't fully unpacked as we are staying for 16 nights.

One of our lift up areas also has a lock, but its not locked so we are able to use it.

Yes, the clutter can get to me, too. But we've managed to survive so far. We'll be on the DCL Fantasy tomorrow and I doubt we'll have much more room in our cabin. Oh well, the things I suffer through just to have fun!

wdrl said:
One of our lift up areas also has a lock, but its not locked so we are able to use it.

Yes, the clutter can get to me, too. But we've managed to survive so far. We'll be on the DCL Fantasy tomorrow and I doubt we'll have much more room in our cabin. Oh well, the things I suffer through just to have fun!

You may not have more room in your cabin, but I think you'll have more storage space on the ship. I'm amazed how much storage space they squeeze into the cabins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

We are leaving VGF this morning for Port Canaveral and the Disney Fantasy. We'll be off the internet while aboard, but I'll post more things about our stay at VGF once we are back at WDW next Saturday.

Overall, I'm very impressed with VGF. Last night, after a long day at Hollywood Studios for the opening of Star Wars Weekend, we strolled over to Gasparilla Island Grill, GF's quick service eatery. We sat outside while eating a salad. The weather was great and the view was amazing. In person, Cinderella's Castle looks a lot closer than it appears in this photo. It would be a great spot to watch the fireworks.

IMG_0068_zpsb078e8fa.jpg

Three days just wasn't long enough for us to explore the Grand Floridian. We'll need to plan a return visit.

More later!

We have sat there many times to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks. It is our favorite viewing location.

Is in the store by the monorail station or downstairs?

Sandy Cove Gifts and Sundries is over by the walkway to the Grand Floridian Café on the first floor. That's right next to where they put up the gingerbread house at Christmas.

Sandy Cove Gifts and Sundries is over by the walkway to the Grand Floridian Café on the first floor. That's right next to where they put up the gingerbread house at Christmas.

Thanks - I'll make a run over there tomorrow after I check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter