Here is a Campsite Marker for DIS Members

Thanks for the template. I wont be at the Fort but I will post it on my door at the Poly and POR in a few weeks. We do similar stuff over on the cruises called "Fish Extenders." My wife and I have a DIS green cruise line logo with our DisBoards names etc that we post on our doors and then have meets and events around the ships. Good way for us DIS Fanatics to get together and recognize each other. Hopefully when we get back south we'll have a camper, a musket mickey sign, and a DIS green yard sign.

Clint
I am looking forward to joining a FE group.

Thanks for the template. I wont be at the Fort but I will post it on my door at the Poly and POR in a few weeks. We do similar stuff over on the cruises called "Fish Extenders." My wife and I have a DIS green cruise line logo with our DisBoards names etc that we post on our doors and then have meets and events around the ships. Good way for us DIS Fanatics to get together and recognize each other. Hopefully when we get back south we'll have a camper, a musket mickey sign, and a DIS green yard sign.

Clint
Hi

So I am doing much like PAhunter and going more "Durable" and making mine out of wood. I have the pattern laid out. I started cutting it with my "Jig" saw, but the blade was, well, SHOT. So I took it to the band saw. I did get a lot of "Excess" Material off but it's blade was also getting worn. (the blade, after all is the original blade and is over 10 years old). So I had to take a break. Take the DW (soon to be 11) to Gymnastics. I dropped her off and ran to Lowes to get new blades for both the Band Saw and the Jig Saw. Hopefully tonight I will get it finished cut out before I have to depart for my PT appointment. At least at that point, I'll have something worthy of a picture.

What color paint should I use for my DIS Marker? Anyone have a specific name from a "Chip" for Lowes (for example)?

What color paint should I use for my DIS Marker? Anyone have a specific name from a "Chip" for Lowes (for example)?

I have no idea, Paul, since I have always done anything related to the DIS on the PC. :confused3 Bama Ed

I have no idea, Paul, since I have always done anything related to the DIS on the PC. :confused3 Bama Ed
Okay, I Lime Green, Right? I will see if I can find something appropriate.

I just wanted something more permanent then a printed sign. So I made it out of 3/4" MDF board. :)

Hopefully a picture will follow soon.

In all my trips and all my looping I've never seen a sign but I also have never seen this thread either. I will admit it has been a while since I visited these boards. Anxious to take one next time and see if anyone notices it, we loop all the time on our bikes.

In all my trips and all my looping I've never seen a sign but I also have never seen this thread either. I will admit it has been a while since I visited these boards. Anxious to take one next time and see if anyone notices it, we loop all the time on our bikes.

Jessica,

The original intent of the sign was to let other DIS folks know that DIS folks were at the Fort and what site they were in. That was back in the primitive days of the Internet and when cellular data plans weren't as affordable. Now people (including myself) can post our site number, updates in real time, and make arrangement to meet friends while at the Fort.

But I saw other green DIS signs at the Fort which helped me and my DIS sign did cause conversation with my fellow campers and I was able to help them because they knew of the DIS.

So I'll keep putting mine out when I am there.

Bama Ed

There used to be Disney paint chips in the shape of Mickey heads at Home Depot with Disney colors to buy paint. One was called Alien Green. and the term Lime Green Mickey Head of LGMH was coined. The chip are no longer available but really any lime green Mickey sign would work. Mine are close but not exact. The true color is in the first post. I will try to take a picture of an old chip I have and post it below.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!