Here is a Campsite Marker for DIS Members

I still had the problem with a different browser, but then I chose a different template and it worked. I went ahead and ordered a poster with the same design to hang on the basket of the ECV I'll be renting to use at the parks. Thanks for the help!

I will be posting a pic of the DIS campsite marker I ordered as soon as I get it. I think it is gonna be a nice addition to the cabin we are staying at. I am very excited to see how it turned out. :yay:

That looks good, Kornbred! :disrocks:

Way back even before I joined, the green DIS head sign was for campers to let other DISsers know where they were at the Fort. Back in the day not so long ago, there was no such thing as Live Trip Reports. There was no WIFI or hot spots, poor cell phone coverage, and a usual trip went something like this:

- people participated in a pre-trip thread to share their coming excitement in the days/weeks leading up to their trip
- they fell into a black hole while they were at the Fort - silence - not to be heard from
- then they came home to their internet connection and posted pictures they had taken and shared what they did on the various days

So when folks were at the Fort, the only way to find each other was to have the sign out. There was no way to say, "hey I'm in site 417". So we used to loop looking for other green DIS signs.

The green Mickey shape is also a sign of the entire DIS and not just the camping board. But who puts out a green sign at All Star Sports (or ever did)?

But even now it's a sign of the most vibrant Disney fan website (and coincidentally the most vibrant Fort Wilderness camper website). So everybody put your signs out, go looking for other DISsers, and introduce yourselves. Put a face with a name. I've met many great DISsers that way.

Keep it going! Bama Ed

I remember seeing the directions on how to make the lamp post.... where do I find it again??

Look on the current front page of the DIS Camping Forum for the thread "Mickey Lamp - Detailed Instructions".

Bama ED

Such a fun idea! I took the challenge and digitized the design so I can embroider a flag to use at our site. I'll post a picture when I get it finished.

Such a fun idea! I took the challenge and digitized the design so I can embroider a flag to use at our site. I'll post a picture when I get it finished.

That sounds like an awesome idea. My mom is a sewing and embroidery nut so I might see if she could try this. Let us know how it turns out!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter