Here now. Hot but crowds are tolerable

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I'm here now (thank you DL Wi-Fi). Although it's hot, crowds are less than I expected/feared. So far it's been a great day. I've done a lot of rides and finally (finally!) beat Dave/DLH at Buzz Lightyear! Also, I was able to break two million on *both* sides/guns for the first time ever. It's been a day of firsts! ;-).

Would have been first on Peter Pan but the chains were messed up and a couple people accidentally/intentionally cut in front of me. No big deal. I was still second. Was also able to do all of the dark rides within the first 30 mins or so. Road Toad three times :-).

Buzz - first and second place - 6-25-17.JPG

image.jpg

Last edited:
More pics. I rocked Buzz!

This is how crowded the park wasn't. Pics taken around 1:45.
IMG_1418.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

Today was the first time I was able to break 2M on my right shooter and approach the same on the left.
IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

Left around 3:45. Still not horribly crowded.
IMG_1432.JPG

Last edited:
More pics. I rocked Buzz!

This is how crowded the park wasn't. Pics taken around 1:45.
View attachment 246957

View attachment 246958

Today was the first time I was able to break 2M on my right shooter and approach the same on the left.
View attachment 246959

View attachment 246960

Left around 3:45. Still not horribly crowded.
View attachment 246961

Congratulations! I really enjoy reading your posts and updates, and seeing your pictures. It's great that you had a fun day of firsts. When we are there I'm typically in the running for lowest score!

thank you for the 3:45 photo....that looks crowded to me....I don't see anyone coming out.

Peter Pan chains, the maze of why we all love that pirate ship.....I never plan to be the first one on board...just count my blessings to have survived the stampede

Nice! Sounds like a great day. Those crowds don't look light to me, lol.
And WOW is all I can say about that High Score!!
Enjoy ur visit! Sounds like ur off to a great start!

Congratulations! I really enjoy reading your posts and updates, and seeing your pictures. It's great that you had a fun day of firsts. When we are there I'm typically in the running for lowest score!
Thanks! It's fun keeping folks updated, to the extent that I'm able. I'll be home in Chicago for several weeks so no posts from me in the park for another month. Hope everyone's 4th is fantastic!

You're buzz scores are amazing!! I need to learn some secrets so I can beat my husband next time!

I was scheduled to go today, but thought it would be too hot so decided to do alternate plan. If it isn't crowded, maybe I'll go after all. I have a few hours to decide. My alternative plan is Queen Mary and Aquarium of the Pacific. First world problems today.

I was scheduled to go today, but thought it would be too hot so decided to do alternate plan. If it isn't crowded, maybe I'll go after all. I have a few hours to decide. My alternative plan is Queen Mary and Aquarium of the Pacific. First world problems today.

I think it will be over 100 inside the parks today. Curious if that will keep people away or not.

We went yesterday too, and when we got there around 12 it was much busier than you post suggests lol. It was a 35 minute wait for BUZZ, and that is saying something! Pirates was 45 minutes, which is pretty long for that ride. Plus it was about 90 degrees :( we went on a couple rides, waited 40 MINUTES for jungle cruise then tapped out.. Too hot!

You seemed to be able to use the wifi ok wonkakid? We will be there in Oct and te last 2 times we've been there then it's been around 100 degrees every day. Hoping for a bit cooler this year!

You seemed to be able to use the wifi ok wonkakid? We will be there in Oct and te last 2 times we've been there then it's been around 100 degrees every day. Hoping for a bit cooler this year!
It's spotty but when I sit outside of Pizza Port it's pretty decent. I wonder if they'll improve it in coming days, since it's not available throughout the park.

I think it will be over 100 inside the parks today. Curious if that will keep people away or not.

My parents are there this morning and described DL as "pretty empty" at 9:45.
I got there about 12:30 and felt that DCA was very manageable. We went to DL about 2:30 and since were able to see the street on Main St (meaning it was completely covered with people) I thought it was less busy than it is when I normally go. It was still crazy packed in the Adventureland/NOS area. We had a 25 min wait for Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. The posted wait time for Indy was 60 minutes, but we got FPs for it. It was hard to find a place to sit in the shade, but not impossible. The line at Gibson Girl at 6:00pm was about 2 people. I never go there because the line is so long whenever I look in. The parks were a lot less busy than what I am used to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter