Yeah, I just didn't think that A: it was real metal lol, and B: was enough to set off the detector because they always just say to take out the big battery packs and umbrellas. Just something to remember when people are headed to the parks.
Yes. My park bag is a small Disney Dooney and Burke and the metal clasps set off the detector every time. Next trip I'll leave that one at home.

Are unused park reservations placed back in the pool for availability the day of or late in the day before a park visit date? I am trying to time when I need to be ready to make additional park reservations past our initial 3 during an upcoming offsite AP trip.

Are unused park reservations placed back in the pool for availability the day of or late in the day before a park visit date? I am trying to time when I need to be ready to make additional park reservations past our initial 3 during an upcoming offsite AP trip.
you can make additional reservations after the last park closes for the day, usually Epcot at 9pm or 10pm
So lets say today is you use a reservation from your 3 day limit. Tonight at 9pm, when Epcot closes, you can meke an additional day reservation.
As far as unused park reservations Disney holds your spot for the entire day so that doesn't happen, for example I have an MK reservation for today but not going until 5pm this evening, my spot will be held until park closing, so there's no such thing as no show spots going back into the bucket

Update, the first bus of the day finally came at 8:45 am for an official park opening at 9 am. For a deluxe resort, that seems pretty Non- Deluxe. We were not pleased to say the least. If we didn’t have a group of 15 people, we would have called an Uber. But just know that the transportation people told us that they are no longer running an hour before the park opens.
Deluxe resort does not mean you get better transportation. Sorry! The bus transportation at the values is great and very well organized.

We were down from Nov 15-23. I went back and forth about canceling the trip, but we had canceled once and we had DVC points to use so we went for it. I know I'm a little late, but I thought I'd add my thoughts. Overall, masks were great other than my SW flight attendant on the flight home and Epcot at the end of the night on Friday. MK and HS were the clear stars of the trip. They still both have plenty of options to keep you busy. The cavelcades are great, especially at MK. They happened very frequently.

Epcot and AK were a bit disappointing. Both are missing a lot without those performers. AK we had the best luck seeing the flottillas by eating at flame tree at a table by the water. In Epcot, we just didn't see a single cavalcade in the one and a half days we were there. Either we just have horrible timing or they weren't frequent enough. I had just been down in Feb, so I was at Epcot since the closure of the middle, but I still found myself a little unsure of how to navigate at times.

As far as food goes, as others have said we were VERY impressed with Hollywood & Vine. We also loved CRT. Cinderella came out for a decent amount of time during our meal and we sat up top which initially I was disappointed with since the tables by the window have the best views, but we were very close to Cinderella, so my 3 yr old was able to talk to her pretty easily where others were not. I was disappointed in BOG. I haven't had dinner there since it changed to a signature dining experience, but when I went ages ago had been very impressed. The french onion soup that I had loved was bland and the rest of the meal was just ok. The beast came out for a very short time. He was constantly moving around and it is so dark in there that you need the flash on your camera. Needless to say I wasn't able to get any clear pictures of him.

Mobile ordering was great, but takes longer than it used to to get your food since everyone is using it. I used to wait until I was close to the restaurant to have them start preparing, but now I would definitely suggest hitting the button when you start walking to the restaurant instead of when you're close. We did have one issue with food at HS on Saturday before thanksgiving. It was around 5.30, the park closed at 7, but we couldn't get a mobile order slot for either Backlot or ABC for the rest of the evening. They were full. After refreshing the app for about 5 minutes, we were able to add ourselves to the walk up list for Mama Melrose and got in there since we didn't want to go to Rosie's.

LTT continues to be excellent, the sat us in the Diamond Horseshoe which was a nice change of scenery since that isn't usually or restaurant list. Sci Fi continues to be mediocre, and beaches continues to be perfect. Chef Mickey's had just recently gotten POG juice, so that made my morning when we ate there! We also used the ear for each others fb to order a custom birthday cake during the trip, and it was incredible.

Thanks @yulilin3. I will plan to be ready every evening at park closing to book the next rolling reservation. :thanks: I hope they roll unused reservations equally to open up additional reservation slots if available to get one of those coveted Hollywood Studios reservations!

We’re here at the Boardwalk right now. Official opening time for the park is 9 am. It’s 8:35 am and busing for Magic Kingdom buses haven’t started running yet. We’re pretty frustrated. We wanted to be IN the park by 8:15 am. So just letting you guys know that the buses have started to come MUCH later. Even for official opening time at 9 am, that’s ridiculous
Yikes! I was just about to post and ask this exact question as we arrive on the 13th. I guess I'll be driving to MK! What time did the bus come?

Yikes! I was just about to post and ask this exact question as we arrive on the 13th. I guess I'll be driving to MK! What time did the bus come?
Be sure to keep an eye out here because IF they are trying to push opening closer to actual time, they may open the parking lots and transportation from TTC later too.

Did anyone go to MK from the TTC at rope drop this morning? What time did parking lots/monorail/ferry start today?

TIA

Where did you park rental car, at HS? Wasn't there a car line up to get in? Thats what I had heard

We went to HS today and arrived by 9:10 or so and there was a car line. Wasn’t a long wait before they opened, we were in the park and to SDD by 9:30

Today was HS with an early morning start. Got to the park about 9:10, in line for first ride by 9:30

SDD - no wait and this stayed consistently long all day. Highly recommend if you want to do it
Star Tours
Smugglers Run

Lines were getting long at this point, which we found frustrating most of the day (45-60 mins). So we opted for some shopping and the holiday treats. These were a bit disappointing...the frozen hot chocolate we really disliked. The sugar cookie and Olaf cupcake were both good but nothing extra special other than the cute Olaf. The whoopie pie is huge and we have yet to try it, but looks pretty good!

Alien
MMRR - long wait, we had nothing else to do
Rise — we waited in the queue line after our group was called for at least 40 minutes. Is that usual? We were queued all the way to Muppets

Overall the day was nice and more laid back than MK, but definitely missing FP here and the lack of entertainment

I had a hard day at MK today. I put on my walking boot because my tendinitis was acting up so I think lugging that around contributed highly. I went to breakfast at CM - way too much food. Between that and it being so cold this morning I just decided to ride monorail over so no 7DMT for me. Instead I headed to Tomorrowland. Rode Buzz then Space. Rode the speedway for the first time. One and done for me. Only rode it because I never have before. Then headed to Fantasyland. Rode all but 7DMT and PP by 11:45. Was considering PP but it had jumped to 40 mins so decided to eat at Sleepy Hollow. While there and eating the Mickey, princesses and Santa came by. went to restroom and the orchestra went by but I caught them again a little later.

The wait times were higher than I thought they would be and pirates and PP went down. Rode carpets and got the Orange bird snack and decided I would head to Main Street to look around. On the way I saw Rabbit, piglet and Eeyore at CP. shopped at Emporium then went to confectionery but again a line and I didn’t need anything so left. Snapped a few pics and Mickey and friends were at train station. Then I decided to leave. I was tired. Came back to resort, washed a load of clothes and drove to the Wave for dinner. After dinner I rode the monorail to see the castle and then went back to room. Am really tired. Going back to MK on Friday so hopefully I will feel better. Tomorrow is EP again

In what resort were you staying? I’m going to be at OKW and am confused as to how to best deal with the bus situation. Thanks!
I am at OKW. You need to catch bus at Penninsular road if you want to catch a bus. They start there and fill up and don’t show up at other stops. It was quite frustrating the other morning so I ended up driving to AK an hour after I got to the bus stop

Today was HS with an early morning start. Got to the park about 9:10, in line for first ride by 9:30

SDD - no wait and this stayed consistently long all day. Highly recommend if you want to do it
Star Tours
Smugglers Run

It does amaze me sometimes which rides people will wait in long lines for, just because it’s Disney. Yes, I’m talking about SDD. Put this ride in Six Flags, Busch or even Universal and it’s probably 1/3 the wait.🤦‍♂️

I've been following along best I can ahead of my trip next week. So Im staying at POP and will not have my own car or have a rental so its Disney transportation for me. I want to get the best head start at the parks and lets see if I have this right based on the most recent info here. I'll only be visiting EPCOT on the arrival day, so no chance for an early start and will take the skyliner.

For HS, I take an Uber to the Speedway and walk over. Similar approach to MK by taking an Uber to the Contemporary. Question though, do I need a breakfast reservation? Lastly, on my AK day taking a Disney bus is really the best option. Im basing this on the idea that taking an Uber there would still be subject to waiting til the parking lot opens, where the busses can go on to the park drop off.

Does all that sound right? What did I miss?

. Mobile ordering worked fantastically. The tip of ordering when you get to the park worked every single time.

[/QUOTE]
thanks for sharing your experiences - will you please elaborate on this? thanks

. Mobile ordering worked fantastically. The tip of ordering when you get to the park worked every single time.
thanks for sharing your experiences - will you please elaborate on this? thanks
[/QUOTE]
I’m not the person you quoted, but I think they did what we did - picked the QS and time we wanted and submitted our order right after we entered the park. That way we had our choice of times and just had to click Prepare My Order when the time came. By the time we got to the QS we had a very short wait to pick up our food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!