. Mobile ordering worked fantastically. The tip of ordering when you get to the park worked every single time.
thanks for sharing your experiences - will you please elaborate on this? thanks
[/QUOTE] It’s recommended you order earlier in the day. The restaurant won’t actually prepare your meal until you click ‘I’m here’ but ordering early allows you to secure a time long before you’re ready to eat.

The restaurants are only able to fulfil a certain number of requests during each time slot so if you wait until you are hungry to try and place your order you may find that the next available time slot is 60 or 90 mins away or in some cases, if it’s later in the day, all reservation times for the remainder of the day may be filled so you would need to find a different place to order from.

In what resort were you staying? I’m going to be at OKW and am confused as to how to best deal with the bus situation. Thanks!

I was at Caribbean Beach Resort. One morning we ubered to the transportation center about 7:30 and they held us at the temp tents until about 8:30 or so- we were first in line but by 8:30 the line had grown a lot. That might be the way to go right now.

Yikes! I was just about to post and ask this exact question as we arrive on the 13th. I guess I'll be driving to MK! What time did the bus come?

Hopefully was an anomaly for the PP. We did a quick trip this past weekend to CSR, and took the bus to MK on Saturday. Walked over to the bus stop around 8am (9am park opening), caught the bus around 8:05 and were walking up Main Street by 8:30.

We‘ve been here since Sunday and have been able to walk-on several rides at each park opening. We’re here with our 4 y.o. granddaughter, so our plans are somewhat dictated by her (her parents came too). At MK, on Monday, we did the Jingle Cruise, Magic Carpets (twice), and Pirates all walk-on at park opening. Under the Sea was also a walk-on near park close. At AK, on Tuesday, we got there early enough to do FOP with in 20 minutes, but her parents needed to buy some warmer clothing since it was so cold and we ended up waiting 45 minutes as a big crowd crossed the bridge as they finished their purchase. After that, we were able to walk-on Kilimanjaro Safaris. We had driven to both parks for the opening, but had took bus transportation to return.

On Wednesday, we drove to HS, even though we’re staying at Riviera Resort. We got to the park just after 9 and they opened up around 9:10. I like to note the Skyliner didn’t start running until we were driving to our parking spot, so I wonder if they vary which mode of transportation they let start first. We were able to walk-on both MMRR (only wait was for the ride to start), and TSMM. We had gotten BG 45 that morning, so that dictated our plans somewhat. Just before our group was called, the ride broke down. Granddaughter and her parents, had a Oga’s reservation at 1 so they headed there and granddaughter loved it. We then rode Alien Saucers with a 12 minute wait (posted 20). Our BG was called, so we headed there after. While in line, ROTR broke down again for another 30 minute wait and we thought they might empty the queue, but they got it running again and it was amazing. We were about an hour late for our droid reservation, but they will accommodate you if you’re stuck on a ride (Oga’s would’ve too).

Today is our Epcot day, so we get to make a late start. Hopefully, it will be more relaxing, but we can always relax once we are back home.

thanks for sharing your experiences - will you please elaborate on this? thanks
I’m not the person you quoted, but I think they did what we did - picked the QS and time we wanted and submitted our order right after we entered the park. That way we had our choice of times and just had to click Prepare My Order when the time came. By the time we got to the QS we had a very short wait to pick up our food.
[/QUOTE]
Yes this is exactly what we did. Really as long as we submitted our order before 10:30 we were fine. We also ate before noon most days. We did mobile order at Flame Tree, Cosmic Rays, and Contempo Cafe. I really enjoyed the fact that you couldn't enter seating area until your food was ready. It made it SO easy to find a place to sit.

Those of you there right now with this cold snap, are you needing just a sweatshirt/pants? or jacket/gloves/hat? we're packing all the things bc we're just not sure!! We leave Saturday.

Those of you there right now with this cold snap, are you needing just a sweatshirt/pants? or jacket/gloves/hat? we're packing all the things bc we're just not sure!! We leave Saturday.
I was at MK last night, people were buying the sweatshirts and hoodies in droves at the emporium, i enjoy thre cold so was comfortable with jeans, long sleeve shirt and hoodie, no gloves, but did see lots of people with gloves and hats.

I believe they let you line up a hour before park opening and start letting cars in 5-15 minutes later.
TY! I know I have read several places they are opening parks earlier than posted. Is that still accurate? Although I will be there early since only 3 days in parks.

UGH, back to being confused about the transportation! Almost every park for our trip starting tomorrow has changed their opening hours, and now seeing reports that buses are not running early. I'm not all that enthused about using uber or lyft.

We bounced around a lot last week.

Stayed at Riviera, BCV, VWL and BWV.

Highlight (other than 80 and sunny every day) was BWV to DHS, first in the park and first on M&M Train, then SDD, RNR and TSM before the park officially opened.

Also enjoyed each locations workout club (as ours are shut down in MN).

Had them all to myself every time, and they were all just scan in with no attendant.

Last edited:
UGH, back to being confused about the transportation! Almost every park for our trip starting tomorrow has changed their opening hours, and now seeing reports that buses are not running early. I'm not all that enthused about using uber or lyft.
the situation right now is very fluid and things that happened yesterday might not happen today in terms of general operations. I know it's hard to plan this way but Disney is making operational decisions almost on a daily basis, that's why when people ask if attractions will open before official opening time I always say it is based on the operations team that morning for that attraction
The last few days seem to be looking like they are tightning up the transportations schedule

yes, the parks are opening up to 45 min before official time
Awesome! Question you may answer to. We are using the rest of our 3 day hoppers from 10D non Expiring. Any way of recouping lost hopper park money since no hopping now? TYIA

Awesome! Question you may answer to. We are using the rest of our 3 day hoppers from 10D non Expiring. Any way of recouping lost hopper park money since no hopping now? TYIA
you can ask ticket questions on the ticket sticky, I have an AP so not sure about the refund, I seem to recall people getting refunded but def ask in the sticky

Just checked on the HUB and bus transportation wording still says approx 45 minutes prior to park official opening

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter