Read a few posts back and see people are looking for insight on bus transportation. I will share we have had good steady bus transportation at Riviera but that is clearly not true for other resorts. Last night Skyliner was down, and at Epcot after closing I was literally the only person at the riviera bus stop and the Pop line (the stop next to Riviera) was hundreds of people deep. My bus took the expected 20 mins, so not bad, but in that time the PoP line just kept growing, never shrinking. I asked my driver if we could give a lift to the Pop folks but she said they are not allowed to, and I get that. There were actually buses lined up for pop guests but they were only loading one bus at a time and with the assigned seating system it was slow. Felt so bad for the people stuck in line getting rained on.
My impression of Disney Bus service is that they focus least on the value resorts. We waited for an hour several years ago for ASSp bus at DHS watching all the other busses come and go 2-3 times. I finally went to ask a cast member why we weren't getting a bus and they finally sent one. Had to wait a long time at DS for one to AoA once as well.

Are people reporting non-compliance at MK emailing or going to GS and reporting to Disney? These reports are scary and we are staying clear of MK now.

I played around with MDE as a resort guest. At least for this trip, I can cancel my park reservation for the day and pick any of the 4 parks when making a new one as a resort guest. Once inside a park, mde doesn’t let YOU change to a different park for that day.

Ex. I cancelled DHS just now. Made a new park resie and was able to choose any of the 4 parks. I switched back and forth cancelling and making new ones with ease.

I haven’t played around with it but do you have to actually cancel it then go back and book another one or can you see the availability before canceling

@caseyem67 Did you notice the buses at all while there? We are staying at SSR and we aren't going to have a car. I am wondering if we should try to rely on the buses or Uber.

Are people reporting non-compliance at MK emailing or going to GS and reporting to Disney? These reports are scary and we are staying clear of MK now.

On our way out of MK at closing I’d say about 20% of people weren’t wearing a mask at all/properly. Two managers were headed towards us and mom let them know; they just said thank you. I dunno if they corrected anyone.

At AK now, very empty and haven’t seen a single nose or mouth aside from stationary distanced people eating/drinking.

Yes, I'm aware of that. Disney went out of their way to promote safety at the parks. If the CM's are not approaching people due to not wanting a confrontation then what's the point. Sounds like they need more CM's or security to enforce their own rules...imo.
I'm going to be honest with you, if you are thinking that Disney or any other property, store, company, will police these guidelines 100% you will be disappointed. If you are thinking of coming expecting this to happen I recommend you save your money, not saying it in a mean way at all, it's just reality.
Where have you been where you have seen 100% policing? They would need to have a CM per family entering each park, to walk around with them at all times to make sure they are following rules

I'm going to be honest with you, if you are thinking that Disney or any other property, store, company, will police these guidelines 100% you will be disappointed. If you are thinking of coming expecting this to happen I recommend you save your money, not saying it in a mean way at all, it's just reality.
Where have you been where you have seen 100% policing? They would need to have a CM per family entering each park, to walk around with them at all times to make sure they are following rules
I agree...that is why I have no intention of going to MK or HS. But, and it's a big one....don't promote safety rules at theme parks if you are not willing to enforce them. Disney has their requirements posted all over the parks and websites. And, in my area , an hour away from WDW, people are doing a great job of following rules posted at the resturants and stores. Sorry for being off topic.

No one is expecting a CM per family but some extra policing is definitely needed. Last week I saw plenty of cast members not correcting guest and I don’t blame them with the way people can be. They need some backup. There were way to many people not following the rules we should be able to expect better from Disney.

I agree...that is why I have no intention of going to MK or HS. But, and it's a big one....don't promote safety rules at theme parks if you are not willing to enforce them. Disney has their requirements posted all over the parks and websites. And, in my area , an hour away from WDW, people are doing a great job of following rules posted at the resturants and stores. Sorry for being off topic.
I'm assuming you have not come yet, so you haven't seen for yourself if Disney is enforcing or not. Again enforcement is not 100% but I have seen masks being enforced by CM in every trip, I have been to all the parks since they reopened, I visit 3 times a week, every time I have seen CM reminding people to wear their mask properly not only to adults but also pointing it out for some kids.
If each park has 5k people at any given time and only 100 are not wearing them properly for the split second you see it I think that is very good.
Now if it was a free for all and mostly no one would be wearing them and CM weren't saying anything that's a different situation, that's not what happening here, if you read back you can see most people report high mask compliance

No one is expecting a CM per family but some extra policing is definitely needed. Last week I saw plenty of cast members not correcting guest and I don’t blame them with the way people can be. They need some backup. There were way to many people not following the rules we should be able to expect better from Disney.
and you know what, there is actually extra policing now than there was in July. So they are seeing the need and adjusting to it.

I’m here now for a 3 night stay.

We took the Skyliner once to DHS, but due to weather (which didn’t arrive til a couple hours after the Skyliner was closed), they switched to bus. We were the 2nd name for DHS on the cm’s list. We waited 55 minutes at the CBR Skyliner station for a bus to arrive.

We spent a short time at the park. No rain or anything. DHS was like a ghost town. Which definitely isn’t the case at park opening.

Pop is listed as #2 at the buses, but the bus actually stopped at 1. Thankfully not many people were there and we all fit on the bus.

The rain started and the bus has its emergency hatch open for air circulation. All of us in the back of the bus got wet from the rain. So we’ve used our car instead of Disney transportation since.
What do you mean you were the second name on the CMs list? The hatches being open was annoying. The back seats were always wet late in the day. The CBR Epcot/DHS bus situation was awful!!

and you know what, there is actually extra policing now than there was in July. So they are seeing the need and adjusting to it.
That’s good to hear. I really wish I would have seen more enforcement last week when we were there. I’d feel better about keeping our next scheduled trip.

Jet Blue doesn’t fly from our city to MCO otherwise we would. Love that airline.

We were on Frontier because we are drowning in Frontier and United credits. Neither of which are underselling flights at the moment but packing them in apparently. Lesson learned for sure.

Your flight experience will definitely vary greatly based the airline. We've flown twice on Delta in the last six weeks and both experiences were excellent. They're still blocking middle seats and only filling planes halfway. They kindly enforce the mask rules as well. I've heard good things about Southwest, too.

As for mask enforcement in the parks, there's a whole team of CMs whose job is nothing but that. IME, they were doing a wonderful job of it at all four parks, with DS being the outlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter