I totally get they are still trying to dial things in, but not knowing how it's handled is confusing. Gettin stuck behind the CBR line after getting there early at Riviera would be frustrating. I think I'll just walk to take the guesswork out. Anyone know what time the line at CBR starts to form?

Just back after a long weekend with my daughter. We went to AK on Saturday and MK on Sunday. Long story short, while still lower than normal, I'm guessing the empty parks are a thing of the past. We got to AK about 30 minutes pre opening. Walked on FOP then waited maybe 10 minutes for Navi. When we got off of Navi, FOP was already a 30 minute wait and only climbed from there. We rode it again at the end of the day and waited an hour, which was what was posted. In fact, I found listed wait times to be accurate both days. At one point, the line to FOP made it all the way to Lion King.

It rained quite a bit on Saturday but it's still doable at AK, especially because it kept temps lower. Kali soaks you anyway. We didn't ride EE because my daughter wasn't into it so I can't speak to that line. Dinosaur was about a 30 minute wait. I think it got up to 50-55 during the hardest rain times.

Mobile order from Flame Tree and we waited about 15 minutes for it. I REALLY enjoyed sitting down and eating by the lake. We saw several floating drummers and some characters that way.

Sunday at MK we arrived about 30 minutes before again and after a few amazing pics in front of the castle (don't miss this, the photographers were so great!) we went straight to 7DMT and waited 25 minutes. This is pretty much the tone set for the day. Lots of waiting. Splash was down for most of the day and Space for quite a bit too, so those crowds went to the other big rides. At one point BTMR was 80 minutes! I think we waited 60, would've been shorter but we caught a cleaning cycle riiiiiight before we got on. It was nice to know we were sitting on clean seats though.

Dinner reservation right at closing at BOG. The filet was delicious. It was fun to walk out of an empty park. Castmembers were gently shooing people out, so we stopped for a few quick photos and kept walking. They had buses ready and waiting for late diners. By the way, cast members were amazing! So nice, kind, and helpful. Definitely magical. Also magical are the calvacades! We felt like it was a personal parade, with the eye contact and waving. The wicked stepsisters hang out on the back of the castle to heckle people walking by. They are my favorite characters and never disappoint!

I found the standby lines kind of fun! Some of the best ones I'd never been through as I was a FP stalker. It was a fun, magical surprise to see some new things. My daughter also loved having room to just run around, something that never happens in normal times. We spent a lot of time looking at wildlife in the parks.

Reduced menus kind of stink but I get it. Sometimes it was something weird too, like not as many goodies in the confectionary as normal. Having some fun Halloween snacks to track down was fun. My daughter really loved the poison apple cupcake. Oh, and Gaston's is open, yeah!

Mask wearing was 99%, from what I saw, and I never saw a cast member correct anyone for mask misuse. Not due to ignoring it, but they just weren't around then. I maybe saw 10 people blatantly disregarding the rules and from messages on their clothing, I'm guessing they were making an intentional statement. I tried to just give them a wide berth and move on like most others. Every now and then you'd see someone take a quick breath or drink but it got pretty muggy, especially on Saturday. Distancing was really good too, except for that bottleneck in Fantasyland. Lots of people in the morning saying oops and backing up in a line, it got better as the day went on.

Flying: Friday was ok (on SW), Monday was not fun out of the Disney bubble. I even saw one of the flight attendants take off her mask every time she went up by the cockpit. Mad rushes to the line to board, even when asked to wait for their number. maybe 75% mask compliance in the terminal.

Now that I've filled my Disney cup, I'm glad I went, but also glad it was a short trip. Even using disposable masks was hard in the super muggy parts of the day. We had a great trip and I'm sorry to miss the Halloween decorations going up tomorrow.
You really didn’t miss much as far as decorations go ... just the Mickey pumpkin wreaths on light poles down Main Street. The cavalcades were Halloween themed but besides that, you didn’t miss much!

I feel like it's almost different every day. When I was there a few weeks ago, staying at Pop, I was a good 200+ people back in line on my HS day. When I got to CBR, they had us go to the right in our own line of people just from Pop. There was also a line on the opposite side of the station, where the Riviera people were in their own line. Then there was the third line of people from CBR, going out the station. They would take maybe 5 or so groups at a time from each line to go to the actual HS line. I was definitely not anywhere near the front of the Pop line and did not have to wait in the same line as those staying at CBR. But I've heard all kinds of different reports on this, so I feel like it's hard to say what it will be.
And yet another scenario-when arriving at CBR Station from POP there was one line for all 3 Resorts and we were directed to the end of it which was almost to the bridge,BUT they had direct buses to DHS waiting at the end of the line for anyone who didn't want to wait for Skyliner-we hopped on and were at DHS in 5 minutes. :)

Does anyone know what time the IG entrance for Epcot opens and what rides start running before "official" opening time?

Just reposting this. I'm sure someone must have some insight. Would hate to walk my old Mom over there early only to have to have her wait for an hour for the gate to open.

Thank you!

Just reposting this. I'm sure someone must have some insight. Would hate to walk my old Mom over there early only to have to have her wait for an hour for the gate to open.

Thank you!

The IG was open and letting people through when I arrived there at 10:30 this morning. Was able to get in line for Soarin‘ at around 10:45, but I don’t think the ride itself started until almost 11:00. Not sure about Frozen or Test Track. Hopefully someone else can comment on those.

Is it true that security will let a Lyft into the Boardwalk resort if I have a mobile order at the Boardwalk Bakery? We are trying to get to HS tomorrow early. Monday we tried a Lyft straight to HS and that was a disaster. Also I don't want to have to fight about who was first at the bus stop at the Contemporary. This is our last chance to try to get a ROTR boarding pass and I'm almost sick from anxiety about it

Is it true that security will let a Lyft into the Boardwalk resort if I have a mobile order at the Boardwalk Bakery? We are trying to get to HS tomorrow early. Monday we tried a Lyft straight to HS and that was a disaster. Also I don't want to have to fight about who was first at the bus stop at the Contemporary. This is our last chance to try to get a ROTR boarding pass and I'm almost sick from anxiety about it
There is no mobile ordering at the boardwalk bakery (we stayed there in late July), so that won't work. Sorry you're stressing out about the ROTR boarding pass. We did HS twice during our summer trip, we only tried to get boarding passes with the 2pm slot as we wanted to avoid the morning craziness. Second day we got a backup group (58)...but ride went down for hours, so we never got called (got a notification 2 hrs before park closed that we weren't going to be called.) Some year we'll get to ride it.

I’ve never stayed at the Contemporary, but I find it crazy that they haven’t set up a true “line” for that stop yet. When the Skyliner went down at Pop and we had to take a bus, the que was quickly formed and due to the barriers there was no skipping line. I’m sorry for you that it doesn’t work like that there!
What about walking to the MK buses and taking a bus back to Boardwalk that is dropping off at MK? I realize that may not be the normal method, but I would assume that if someone was staying at Boardwalk and forgot umbrella/sunglasses, etc that somewhere along the way there would be a bus going back to the resort? I realize this isn’t the conventional method but might be an option.

I feel like it's almost different every day. When I was there a few weeks ago, staying at Pop, I was a good 200+ people back in line on my HS day. When I got to CBR, they had us go to the right in our own line of people just from Pop. There was also a line on the opposite side of the station, where the Riviera people were in their own line. Then there was the third line of people from CBR, going out the station. They would take maybe 5 or so groups at a time from each line to go to the actual HS line. I was definitely not anywhere near the front of the Pop line and did not have to wait in the same line as those staying at CBR. But I've heard all kinds of different reports on this, so I feel like it's hard to say what it will be.

Right, if you are one of the first groups from Pop or Riviera you go right to the front of the line for the skyliner to DHS. If you are further back, the merge the 3 lines and pull people from each. That was what we saw happening.

I’ve never stayed at the Contemporary, but I find it crazy that they haven’t set up a true “line” for that stop yet. When the Skyliner went down at Pop and we had to take a bus, the que was quickly formed and due to the barriers there was no skipping line. I’m sorry for you that it doesn’t work like that there!
What about walking to the MK buses and taking a bus back to Boardwalk that is dropping off at MK? I realize that may not be the normal method, but I would assume that if someone was staying at Boardwalk and forgot umbrella/sunglasses, etc that somewhere along the way there would be a bus going back to the resort? I realize this isn’t the conventional method but might be an option.

It could work, but I don't know how much time that will take. We found the bus stop at the Contemporary odd also. We ate breakfast at Chef Mickey's and were going to Epcot. We were super early for the Epcot bus and weren't really sure how things were working with no queues. There were 2 cast members there and they approached us and asked where we were going and wrote it down. By the time the bus arrived there were others also going and they put us on first, so they do keep track of who was there first. I think it would be a lot easier for the cast members if they simply had queues for people to line up.

You can also have your Lyft drop you off at the Swan, no questions asked, or at the Speedway near the Boardwalk which gives you a head start on your walk. The walk from the Speedway is the yellow line I drew

C992B8BC-2C25-4CE8-8775-0266993D49F9.jpeg

Hearing all this Right now about when to go to parks.. I have I arrive Oct 31- No Parks as we land at 3pm. Not enough park time unless they extend

Sunday - AK
Monday MK
Tues- Epcot
Wed- HS
Thur - MK

What should I change if anything???
NM got my days mixed up.

Last edited:
Update on the mobile ordering situation. We were at MK again yesterday and ordered at Pecos Bill. Took the advice and picked the time we wanted early in the day and then hit the I'm here button on our way over. It was actually ready by the time we got there. So maybe it's just Pinocchio that needs help or maybe it's because it was significantly less busy yesterday.

You don’t need an ADR to be dropped off at the Swan?
That’s correct. As @Mr. Drauer noted, there would be no place for them to even verify if you had an ADR. Their entrance area is like the main drop off at many major hotels, it’s separate from the parking lot and anyone can drive up to the front entrance for a pick up/drop off.

We were there during Labor Day week and I promised to post an update once I got tested. I waited four days after my return flight home to get tested per the guidance of the urgent care near my house. Test was very quick and painless, self administered with guidance from a physician at a drive-up testing site. Got tested Tuesday, late afternoon and received my results via email on Wednesday evening - negative!

I think if you take all of the proper precautions and follow the rules, both on your flights if you're flying to Orlando, and in the parks and resorts, you can have a safe and amazing trip to WDW right now. I hope those with trips coming up have a great time and stay safe and healthy!

I'm probably not going to post much more in this thread as our trip is almost over. I do want to mention the parking and park opening procedures though. They seem to be letting people in later and later. Yesterday at MK they didn't open parking until 8:25am. They need to open it up before then. We barely made it over to the MK by 9am. We were only about 5 cars back so I'm sure a lot of people didn't make it over. This not only puts you at a disadvantage for rides but you may also miss the characters at the train station.

This is an area i feel Disney could easily improve on without costing them a whole lot. You'd think they'd want people to trickle in not mob rush the temp check area. The staff is all already there so no rain to not open it!

There is no mobile ordering at the boardwalk bakery (we stayed there in late July), so that won't work. Sorry you're stressing out about the ROTR boarding pass. We did HS twice during our summer trip, we only tried to get boarding passes with the 2pm slot as we wanted to avoid the morning craziness. Second day we got a backup group (58)...but ride went down for hours, so we never got called (got a notification 2 hrs before park closed that we weren't going to be called.) Some year we'll get to ride it.

Boardwalk Bakery does have mobile ordering now, it has been added since July. When I was there a couple of days ago, the CM standing outside was encouraging people to use it.

Boardwalk Bakery does have mobile ordering now, it has been added since July. When I was there a couple of days ago, the CM standing outside was encouraging people to use it.

Yep, same when we were there during LBD week. You are able to go inside to order as well and to have your mug refilled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter