Here now

Sorry you feel that way. We were in MK last night and didn't feel that way at all. It was busy, but nothing really bad at all. We got multiple FP+, ate dinner at 5:30pm in Pinnochio with a half empty restaurant, and even watched HEA from behind the castle (behind the carousel) with no crowd around us at all...we had 9:25 dessert reservation for BoG, so we watched HEA first.

Crowds are definitely a subjective thing.

Peoplemover goes down a lot...not sure if it's an unruly guest issue or what.

Sorry you feel that way. We were in MK last night and didn't feel that way at all. It was busy, but nothing really bad at all. We got multiple FP+ and even watched HEA from behind the castle (behind the carousel) with no crowd around us at all.

Yes, by reading this board you would think the crowds are always wall to wall and Disney World is a hopeless mass of humanity. We visit at some of the most crowded times of the year, Spring Break and Christmas/NYE, and always find the crowds manageable. Methinks it is all about expectations and preparation.

We were just there from 6/3-6/13 and the crowd levels for magic kingdom the 3 days we did were 8,9,9 and with some planning and Fast Pass we managed to get everything in. What made it a bit uncomfortable was the CM's shutting down streets for what I assume were High School Bands (and a lot of them). We were late for one fast pass to 7 Dwarves but when we got there I said band troubles and they waved us on in. Even when it crowded it can be done but I saw a lot of meltdowns this trip that I had not seen before.

Yesterday at Epcot not bad. Today between 11 and 1 pm MK was wall to wall. And people were not nice. So we left. Will be going back this evening. Been going to WDW since 2000. Have done June before. I did expect crowds but was taken back with the rudeness of guests.

It was wall to wall in MK between 11 and 1 pm. Will go back this evening.

Had FP for Space Mt. Both it and people moved down. 50 minutes wait at It is a small world, 120 Peter Pan. Fast pass line for Splash Mountain was backed up way beyond entrance getting overflow from Space Mountain's Magical Pass given to people who missed their FP from Space MT. Hope tonight will be better. We did use our FP for Seven and Peter Pan. Used Magical Pass on Thunder MT.

I was completely shocked by the crowds. We have been going the 1st 2 weeks in June for awhile and the crowds were easily twice what I expected. Two things I saw was many many more meltdowns and a lot of these were adults and my 17 year old has said she will never go to Disney Springs again. In the 4 previous trips we have seen tipsy people but late at night at Disney Springs we saw a lot and I mean a lot of rowdy drunken people. I am trying to convince her to go at lunch time next trip and visit Raglan Road.

....And people were not nice. So we left. ....I did expect crowds but was taken back with the rudeness of guests.

Unfortunately this is an issue I seem to hear with increasing frequency (especially from people who NEVER complain). Are you available to provide any specifics?

Sorry you feel that way. We were in MK last night and didn't feel that way at all. It was busy, but nothing really bad at all. We got multiple FP+, ate dinner at 5:30pm in Pinnochio with a half empty restaurant, and even watched HEA from behind the castle (behind the carousel) with no crowd around us at all...we had 9:25 dessert reservation for BoG, so we watched HEA first.
If you haven't done it yet, move on down towards BOG, just before you get to LM ride. There's usually a Photopass Photographer hanging around during HEA and they'll grab shots of you with the fireworks going off with the Beast castle behind you. Beautiful shots and often no one else watching back there. It's our favorite spot to catch the fireworks. They are so much better there. You miss the projections of course but make up for it by improved fireworks..

Granted, it's a given that this is the peak time at MK, on any given day. We vacate the park during that time even on slow days.

Yesterday at Epcot not bad. Today between 11 and 1 pm MK was wall to wall. And people were not nice. So we left. Will be going back this evening. Been going to WDW since 2000. Have done June before. I did expect crowds but was taken back with the rudeness of guests.
Rudeness of guests stopped shocking me a long time ago. Sadly. People have lost all since of politeness. What does shock me is the ability of the CM to not go off on some of them. I don't have half their restraint. And when I have encountered some of these guests, I don't hold back. There's no need to treat the CM the way I have seen some do. These CM are never the one responsible for whatever the situation is. Usually, it's the guest making it happen to themselves.

If you haven't done it yet, move on down towards BOG, just before you get to LM ride. There's usually a Photopass Photographer hanging around during HEA and they'll grab shots of you with the fireworks going off with the Beast castle behind you. Beautiful shots and often no one else watching back there. It's our favorite spot to catch the fireworks. They are so much better there. You miss the projections of course but make up for it by improved fireworks.

Oooh thank you for this! That sounds like a beautiful picture!

Oooh thank you for this! That sounds like a beautiful picture!
I like the way they turn out
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411107430630.jpg

We’re here now and have been since 6/15. I’ve actually been really surprised at how manageable the crowds are. We haven’t waited in a single line more than 15 minutes, between utilizing EMH/rope drop and FP. I’ve been able to get FP for almost everything but have done quite a bit of rope drop standby lines. We have done pretty much every headliner in every park at least once, some twice. I have not seen or felt wall to wall people, even in Pandora. It’s been a great week!

If you haven't done it yet, move on down towards BOG, just before you get to LM ride. There's usually a Photopass Photographer hanging around during HEA and they'll grab shots of you with the fireworks going off with the Beast castle behind you. Beautiful shots and often no one else watching back there. It's our favorite spot to catch the fireworks. They are so much better there. You miss the projections of course but make up for it by improved fireworks..

I didn't know that - the photographer that usually does the LM backdrop photo? We'll have to try that next time. My daughter got this during the dessert party with a photographer, she loves them!

Attachments

• New Phototastic Collage.jpg
    New Phototastic Collage.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 109
I can't say am too surprised it is crowded, since a lot of schools where we live are out for the summer starting this week.

Plus don't forget, a lot of people booked their vacations before knowing when Toy Story Land would open, with wide speculation that it would be around Memorial Day (the opening-day announcement was not made in mid-February), and even after that and until very recently, there was a lot of speculation that there would be "soft openings" in the last two weeks of June.

Still, that sucks to hear, and sorry you are dealing with that!

I can't say am too surprised it is crowded, since a lot of schools where we live are out for the summer starting this week.

Plus don't forget, a lot of people booked their vacations before knowing when Toy Story Land would open, with wide speculation that it would be around Memorial Day (the opening-day announcement was not made in mid-February), and even after that and until very recently, there was a lot of speculation that there would be "soft openings" in the last two weeks of June.

Still, that sucks to hear, and sorry you are dealing with that!
WOW, we've been out for a month LOL
Heck, our summer is half way over, we got back first week in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter