Here now

From what I understand, they evacuated Space Mtn, and they hustled people out of there really quick...also shut down the people mover, lights were on inside the mountain. I'm wondering if there may have been a medical emergency or something happened with the ride itself.

If they shut down People Mover due to something in Space Mtn, it must have been something not good. I've been on PM twice when the lights were on inside Space; it's kind of a cool front row/behind the scenes view!

That used to be true, but with MI schools now able to obtain a waiver to start before Labor Day, more and more are taking advantage of that.
My kids go to private school and have always started before Labor Day.

These schools are so complicated anymore!!! I know nothing about children. I only know about it seeing this boards!

On ourlast trip in Mid April I discovered I dislike being in Mk between about noon-4 or so....it's just too hot and crowded IMHO. So We left the park for a few hours,it was much more pleasant in the evening. Early am,or evenings are best.

I’m very jealous. I work in a school here in the U.K. and we don’t break up until July 20th. Still got 22 more get-ups!

Just for info we are in Ma. Both my kids are teachers as well as my husband. My husband was out last week (private school). My son will be done this Friday June 22 and my daughter goes until next week Tuesday June 26. They both start back end of August. It really is interesting to see how it varies from district to district. We've been going to Disney forever and have always had to go during school vacation times. We are used to crowds.

AngiTN great picture, but did you really have to give away my spot for fireworks!! Lol!!

Enjoy The Magic!!

That used to be true, but with MI schools now able to obtain a waiver to start before Labor Day, more and more are taking advantage of that.
My kids go to private school and have always started before Labor Day.

Sadly our district still follows the labor day deal - they also pride themselves one of the highest # of days in the school year. Only 1 day for "mid-winter break" as opposed to the full week a lot of schools get. Only 2 more years though and I'm free of high school forever! College schedules are much easier to work around.

It’s deff busy but from years of trips and learning here we have hit everything we wanted to so far.

People mover was 50 mins the other day! I never saw it above 20 I started to think. Lol

Rope drop is ur friend. Early rope drop. Like you have to be at the park by 715 or so for a 8 rope drop.

I have noticed for the rope drop vets they r starting to get there earlier than other trips which sucks cause now I find myself trying to get a 7 am bus from the hotel.

I also noticed that being there is no parade at mk now after the fireworks people are not leaving and staying in the park. We usually can hit 7 attraction at night at least 3 being major rides and the other night we only did pirates, btmr, and haunted mansion. Crowds built back up after the fireworks.

Just some of my observations so far.

Jim

Last night Epcot extra magic hours were good. Got on soaring with a 15 min wait only but test track was off its rails. I think it hit 90 at one point. I was hoped g we got on cause I could have skipped emh tomorrow but we didn’t so rope drop again.
We hit AK during EMH twice and stayed until lunch, hit HS in the evening when it had EMH in the morning, and hit Epcot during EMH at night today (it really did not feel crowded to me at all there!). We do not have Thursday or Friday park days so we did not hit Epcot or MK during morning EMH but did rope drop both.

We think it’s busier than Touring Plans predicted. They agree when you look at the “How we did “ section. AK was supposed to be a 4 on Sunday and they said actual 8! Been here since Friday. We are not rope dropping each day, but here 9 days so can use FastPass to get all done.
That was planned on purpose. We have been able to get to Parks at actual opening and noticed less crowds then.

If you haven't done it yet, move on down towards BOG, just before you get to LM ride. There's usually a Photopass Photographer hanging around during HEA and they'll grab shots of you with the fireworks going off with the Beast castle behind you. Beautiful shots and often no one else watching back there. It's our favorite spot to catch the fireworks. They are so much better there. You miss the projections of course but make up for it by improved fireworks..

Silly question - can you still hear the music/narration from there??? (Thinking this might be a great location to watch "Hallowishes" from...)

We think it’s busier than Touring Plans predicted. They agree when you look at the “How we did “ section. AK was supposed to be a 4 on Sunday and they said actual 8! Been here since Friday. We are not rope dropping each day, but here 9 days so can use FastPass to get all done.
That was planned on purpose. We have been able to get to Parks at actual opening and noticed less crowds then.

Well, that's because crowd calendars are a joke, IMO.

It's busier here than it has been in recent summers, no doubt about it. It's not horrible by any stretch, but it's not quite as empty as it was in 2015-2017. Seems like more people are catching on to the "refresh" strategy as I'm finding it harder this trip than I have in the past.

Regardless, we're still at WDW, still having a wonderful time. Haven't encountered many...if any...rude guests, and the CMs are spectacular as always.

We've been to WDW at all different times of the year: slow/moderate/heavy crowd times. Even during the best of times we swear that it's much more crowded than we expected, and a lot times that comment comes midday at MK. Of course Main St after the fireworks is always slammed too.:earsboy:

Unfortunately this is an issue I seem to hear with increasing frequency (especially from people who NEVER complain). Are you available to provide any specifics?
One couple was complaining that there should be an adults only line at the attractions. This was at Peter Pan. Another was berating a cast member over an incident that the cast member had no control. Parents melting down with kids. Pushing and shoving were the norm as well as grumbling and cussing. It was a general feeling of "me" first and only.

This morning was better at AK. We left at 130. Going back around 7 to see Pandora at night.

Afternoons are brutally hot, the mornings are good. What I find surprising is how much it cools down in the evening. Especially after a shower. We are back in AK now planning to just wander and enjoy AK at night. No pressure to get rides or shows though Dinosaur has a 20 minute wait...so...:earsboy:

One couple was complaining that there should be an adults only line at the attractions. This was at Peter Pan. Another was berating a cast member over an incident that the cast member had no control. Parents melting down with kids. Pushing and shoving were the norm as well as grumbling and cussing. It was a general feeling of "me" first and only.

I will never understand the people who grumble about having to share the world with children. Especially when they are at DISNEY WORLD.

So sorry the crowds suck. Heat + crowds + cranky people can make for a very unmagical time. Hope tomorrow is a better day! :tinker:

My son is coming soon I’m dreading having my vacations structured around the summer and Christmas now ugh

We were there June 15-18 and didn't run into crowd problems until we did Magic kingdom on the 18th. We saw a total of 3 medical emergencies when we were there! The lines were very long and it was so hot...my guess is a lot of people were dehydrated. One woman passed out in the haunted mansion line and we passed two EMT's on their way with stretchers two separate times/locations that afternoon. I knew it was Florida in June so I packed plenty of water for the family every day. We've done Disney in June most trips, and Magic Kingdom did seem way more crowded than usual...even the rides that typically don't have much of a wait seemed to take longer than usual. I was surprised! Hollywood studios was almost empty when we went on Saturday (the 16) and Animal Kingdom and EPCOT weren't bad at all, either. We only had one minor magical meltdown each in the 4 days we were there, which isn't bad! Everyone reaches their limit at some point, I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter