Hertz Car rental at Universal On Site Hotels?

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
I was trying to price a rental car picking up from any of the On site Universal Hotels with Hertz for the end of June and I keep getting an error message

PICKUP LOCATION TEMPORARILY CLOSED [DE556)

I thought that it might be because it was before the offices open but now they are open and I am still getting it. Is Hertz moving out of Universal or does anyone have any idea?

We were just there last week at HRH and rented from Hertz for the day. I just went to the Hertz website and was able to choose HRH for dates in April but after that I get the same error message. Maybe call the Universal hotel or Hertz and ask? I'd hate to see them leave- it was very nice to be able to rent the car for the day there.

I booked my rental car through Budget on South Kirkman Rd. Much lower price than the onsite Hertz locations and they will pick you up at the Universal hotels.

I booked my rental car through Budget on South Kirkman Rd. Much lower price than the onsite Hertz locations and they will pick you up at the Universal hotels.

That's good to know! I had been looking at the Hertz also for April 25 and was getting the same error message as the OP. I looked through Costco and saw the Budget and an Avis at the Doubletree nearby, which was cheaper than Budget. Figured I would just walk over from City walk.

That's good to know! I had been looking at the Hertz also for April 25 and was getting the same error message as the OP. I looked through Costco and saw the Budget and an Avis at the Doubletree nearby, which was cheaper than Budget. Figured I would just walk over from City walk.

If Budget offers pick up service, then Avis might too.

I’m not sure I’d recommend Hertz if you can find another option.

We did that last year at HRH, and it wasn’t the smoothest experience. The desk was always empty which made picking up and dropping off difficult. No one was around at our prescheduled pick up time. We had to wait about an hour for someone to finally show up and get us our car which put us late getting on the road for our trip to Kennedy Space Center. And of course a few days later, no one was there for the arranged drop off time either. They had given us some sketchy just leave the key behind here instructions in case they weren’t there. The whole thing made me nervous. What if they didn’t get the key? What if they claimed damages or added fees as there was no return inspection? The actual people were nice when you could find them, and the car was fine, but I wouldn’t do it again.

We had a GREAT Hertz experience at RPR. I rented the Manager's Special at SFB. You get whatever is available, kind of a grab bag. One night was $42. Got the keys in no time at the counter, chose a Nissan Altima, what passes for Full Size these days. Spent a night nearby then visited my Mom nearby the next day. Drove to RPR, arrived about 5pm, valet greeted us and asked us if we needed parking. I told him it was a Hertz and he said "give me the keys and sign off at the window" which was right there. Could not have been easier.

How did you arrange the pick up? Did you say it to them at the time of booking or did you you ring them when you needed the car and they came over and picked you up?

How did you arrange the pick up? Did you say it to them at the time of booking or did you you ring them when you needed the car and they came over and picked you up?

I called the South Kirkman Rd location directly to make my reservation. The last pick up time of the day is at 3pm. I was told to call the morning of car pick up day to reserve a pick up time. I set a reminder on my phone.

The Avis sites at all 5 resorts are showing up on the Costco car rental site. Unfortunately, the price is double what I have reserved at the Avis at the Doubletree...

I just checked for a trip I'm planning in February and the prices seem much higher than Hertz used to be when you factor in insurance and cover etc.

Just wondering, a few months on, has anyone any good/bad experiences with renting from Avis since they took over from Hertz?

I hate the pushy sales tactics you get from car hire employees at some places and Hertz at RPR were never like that so just wondering what the rental experience from Avis like.

I just rented a car for the day from Avis at Royal Pacific two weeks ago. I had done the reservation online months previously. Easy paper work at the Avis desk in the lobby area. No pushy sales tactics at all.

Some confusion with pick up and drop off. The Avis rep told me where to find the car, which is basically in the parking area that the Valet's use. I found the car but there was a gate to get out of the lot. I pressed a call button and explained and I was let out.

There were signs were the car was parked indicated that you return it to the lot and the Avis rep mentioned dropping off the key when we returned. Of course, the gate to the lot was down and when I pressed the call button I was told I just drop the car off at the valet and they take care of the keys. It was super easy, but would have been nice to have been instructed like that to begin with.

Just wondering, a few months on, has anyone any good/bad experiences with renting from Avis since they took over from Hertz?

I hate the pushy sales tactics you get from car hire employees at some places and Hertz at RPR were never like that so just wondering what the rental experience from Avis like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!