Hey Disney, While Not Sailing, would you PLEASE...

jtntx34

Mouseketeer
I was thinking of things Disney could do while they are waiting for passengers to board their ships...things to make coming back to the ship more exciting, so I decided to start this thread.

Hey Disney, while you’re not sailing, could you PLEASE:

1. Revamp Pirate Night Menu
2. Have your cooks learn how to make a decent pancake. (All of the ones I tried were like hockey pucks.)
3. Make more different types of food available on lighter side menu/specialize them more for the themed restaurants

Clearly, I am food obsessed (especially when it comes to cruising). 😂

What are your “would you please” items?

Just a guess, but I think they have more important things to worry about right now - like coming up with a plan the CDC will accept and getting the crew back and trained with all the new protocols.

Look, I think we all know there are the big important things like just getting operational.

This thread is intended to light-hearted and fun...sort of like the wishes for The Wish thread. It was not intended to provoke people in any way.

Almost all the cooks are furloughed.

I am very sorry for the furloughs. I never want people to lose their livelihoods and hope all who had to leave are doing well.

I am not negating anyone’s suffering. I am simply trying to think of a happy future...something I think we are all in danger of remembering how to do the longer this pandemic lingers.

I was hoping this thread would be a FUN distraction. 😁

I am definitely on board for fixing the dang pancakes.

I would also say consistency of delivery on the food in Cabanas. For some of the standard dishes, there can be a LOT of variation in flavor, texture, or quality - sometimes on a daily basis. Mashed potatoes (green kryptonite for me) is a perfect example. Some of the fish is the same way. It should be the same every time (and sometimes it just isn't).

Just a guess, but I think they have more important things to worry about right now - like coming up with a plan the CDC will accept and getting the crew back and trained with all the new protocols.

Disney is such a large corporation and I am sure that the COVID team is a very small part of the active employees. Certainly this is a good time to do maintenance and work on new rides, improve the (future) guest experiences and dream up new things to get and keep people coming back. I also think this is a great time for them to rethink the menus in the parks. In particular I would love to see a menu that has more authentic menu options for those not on the dining plans and perhaps add options for half portions for adults with smaller appetites.

Define "staples". What one person likes, and wants to see on the menu may not be what you like and want off the menu.

Food is subjective. But they probably know what food items on each menu are most ordered or are most popular, etc. The most popular items are what they should keep

Granted, the MDR menus aren't extensive, so on a cruise ship with 4000 people, you are going to get a lot of people who have ordered each appetizer, dessert, etc., but they still probably know what people like and don't like

Food is subjective. But they probably know what food items on each menu are most ordered or are most popular, etc. The most popular items are what they should keep

Granted, the MDR menus aren't extensive, so on a cruise ship with 4000 people, you are going to get a lot of people who have ordered each appetizer, dessert, etc., but they still probably know what people like and don't like

I agree. Most of the waiters know what dishes the passengers send back/don’t finish. I’ve read many posts about waiters warning people to order a different entree because of high return rates from other passengers.

They also know which dishes the passengers ask for seconds or re-request on off nights or when they are at another venue but loved it so much before (I’ looking at you Grand Mariner Soufflé 😋!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!