Hey Disney, While Not Sailing, would you PLEASE...

I can understand your opinion, however with financial savings comes a different kind of travelers on the ship (AKA: People that may not have been able to afford Disney previously now can) so you may get some overflow from Carnival/Royal/etc. that don't have the same level of behavior expectations for their children that a traditional cruiser would.

It sounds like you are saying that people with lower incomes, who normally cannot afford DCL cruises, tend to raise less well-behaved children who don't know how to act on a Disney cruise ship. Am I off-base there?

I can understand your opinion, however with financial savings comes a different kind of travelers on the ship (AKA: People that may not have been able to afford Disney previously now can) so you may get some overflow from Carnival/Royal/etc. that don't have the same level of behavior expectations for their children that a traditional cruiser would.

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on Disboards.

A little of topic but the posts talking about behavior onboard reminded me of one of our cruises. There are always going to be exceptions but I do think highly of the passengers who sail DCL. We were able to get my parents hooked on DCL as well, so one time we were at Bingo and my mom realized she had lost her iPhone. She wanted to leave in the middle of Bingo to go look for it and I told her not no worry, this is a Disney Cruise. So we finished our Bingo, went by guest services and sure enough, someone had turned it in. Anywhere else and that would have been a $1k trip to the Apple store. I guess I figured that nobody was going to pay multi thousands of dollars to get on a DCL cruise and then risk it all to swipe an iPhone. I was happy the honest person turned it in and sadly there was no way for me to express my appreciation to them. So if anyone on here turned in an iPhone onboard back in 2019, thank you.

A little of topic but the posts talking about behavior onboard reminded me of one of our cruises. There are always going to be exceptions but I do think highly of the passengers who sail DCL. We were able to get my parents hooked on DCL as well, so one time we were at Bingo and my mom realized she had lost her iPhone. She wanted to leave in the middle of Bingo to go look for it and I told her not no worry, this is a Disney Cruise. So we finished our Bingo, went by guest services and sure enough, someone had turned it in. Anywhere else and that would have been a $1k trip to the Apple store. I guess I figured that nobody was going to pay multi thousands of dollars to get on a DCL cruise and then risk it all to swipe an iPhone. I was happy the honest person turned it in and sadly there was no way for me to express my appreciation to them. So if anyone on here turned in an iPhone onboard back in 2019, thank you.

How are passengers from other cruise lines getting on DCL and stealing people's magnets, FE gifts, etc?

How are the passengers from other cruise lines getting on DCL and stealing people's magnets, FE gifts, etc?

I have no idea what you are talking about? I did not mention other cruise lines, stealing magnets, FE gifts or anything. I think you are confusing someone else's post with mine. My post was just sharing a story about a stand up person who turned in my Mom's phone and was trying to thank them. If it was a mistake and you want to delete your above post, I can delete this response? Thanks

Last edited:

now thats interesting. So you don't want "those" people on your DCL sailing..... now why do I hear "will the lifeboats be seated according to class" in my head???

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on Disboards.

Disney (Cruise line, World, Land) has been pricing people out for years. You can be as offended (or whatever) as you'd like but its completely true. I've taken one Norwegian cruise and due to the behavior of the other travelers on board I hesitate to ever go back again even though they are far less expensive than Disney. This is also the reason I won't touch Carnival with a 10 ft pole.

now thats interesting. So you don't want "those" people on your DCL sailing..... now why do I hear "will the lifeboats be seated according to class" in my head???

Its definitely not a "Lifeboats according to class" situation. (Although I appreciate the reference and it made me chuckle.) Heaven forbid someone expect other travelers to have respect for others on board the ship though. The other passengers do make a big difference.

My statement was not in reference to the amount of children, but to the behavior of the children on board.

We tend to choose itineraries that will have less kids when we sail, avoiding spring and summer breaks, etc. Usually we do repositioning cruises because we find that there are a lot less kids on those.
Little bit contradictory, no? "It's not the amount of kids onboard that bothers me, I just deliberately sail on cruises that have as few kids as possible."

Good grief. So many things I could say here about how insulting this is, but the only thing I'm going to say the absolute worst behavior I've seen from on a DCL cruise was a from some (adult) Concierge guests. They got ridiculously drunk at the adult pool doing shots (while in the pool), loudly went on a racist tirade against african americans, and brought their teenage kids into the adult pool with them and laughed that the rules didn't apply to them because they were Concierge guests. As my mom used to say "money doesn't buy class."

Little bit contradictory, no? "It's not the amount of kids onboard that bothers me, I just deliberately sail on cruises that have as few kids as possible."

Good grief. So many things I could say here about how insulting this is, but the only thing I'm going to say the absolute worst behavior I've seen from on a DCL cruise was a from some (adult) Concierge guests. They got ridiculously drunk at the adult pool doing shots (while in the pool), loudly went on a racist tirade against african americans, and brought their teenage kids into the adult pool with them and laughed that the rules didn't apply to them because they were Concierge guests. As my mom used to say "money doesn't buy class."

I am in the middle of this one. I don't think behavior has anything to do with money, but I do get annoyed by kids running up and down the halls, banging on doors and stealing magnets. I have had it happen a few times and I now won't put magnets I actually like on my door, which is.... disappointing. I have not actually SEEN an adult running down the hall banging on doors (not saying it has not happened). Although I would believe you if you told me they stole a magnet or two.

However, you can also add me to the group of "the worst behaved guest I have seen was concierge level". Won't go into details; they don't matter. But just like Gusto says "Anyone can cook", by the same token "anyone can be rude" which does not mean that anyone can be taught to be rude, but means that rudeness can be found anywhere.

Since the other comments were "so terrible" I will not speak to that. (Even though its not, I seem to not be able to make myself clear enough to where people understand what I am saying without being labeled.) I will however say that a racist tirade of that is completely unacceptable. No one deserves that kind of behavior period.

Why on Earth would you make that assumption?

I found a phone in a bathroom on Allure of the Seas two years ago. I went directly to Guest Services and turned it in.

Why on Earth would you make that assumption?

I found a phone in a bathroom on Allure of the Seas two years ago. I went directly to Guest Services and turned it in.

I meant like not on the boat with a guest services to turn phones into. If we lost a phone in the real world it would just be gone. There's not an Apple store on the boat either. Has happened to me personally. Man, harsh crowd today. My apologies to all for sharing a personal story that had a happy ending for my parents while onboard a DCL ship.

Loving all the assumptions about poor people in here, lol. I travel from Europe to Disneyland California every year and I'm booked on a Disney cruise for 2021, original cruise this weekend cancelled.... but hey guess what I'm from a poor neighbourhood in Dublin, in America it would be called the projects or the ghetto or the hood... you know the type of neighborhood where the majority are unemployed and on benefits, high teen age and single parents, regular muggings, car stealing and housebreak ins, etc etc you get the picture. Hope to meet some of you on my Norwegian Fjords cruise next September. :wave:

Hopefully getting this thread back on-point: I want DCL to add free WhatsApp use onboard, for us Android users. Either that, or greatly improve messaging in the DCL app.
Yes! Definitely free messaging for Android users.

I was thinking of things Disney could do while they are waiting for passengers to board their ships...things to make coming back to the ship more exciting, so I decided to start this thread.

Hey Disney, while you’re not sailing, could you PLEASE:

1. Revamp Pirate Night Menu
2. Have your cooks learn how to make a decent pancake. (All of the ones I tried were like hockey pucks.)
3. Make more different types of food available on lighter side menu/specialize them more for the themed restaurants

Clearly, I am food obsessed (especially when it comes to cruising). 😂

What are your “would you please” items?

Allow people to purchase placeholders if one of their cruises was cancelled so they don't miss out on that perk and you have money coming in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter