***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Can't wait to go home again! We will be at the Poly from 10/2-10/7 & then AKL Kidani from 10/7-10/13.

Good luck with that...when my hubby and I took our adult daughter and son, along with spouses, it was a real pain just trying to get them involved in the planning....we finally decided that to save sanity, we would just make our plans to have one big meal together a day, and after that, make our own plans - if they wanted to tag along, fine...if they wanted to do something else, that was fine too.... it still was quite a challenge! View attachment 263180

Oh I'm just teasing. It will be fine, we are all easy going!

Next Saturday I make fast passes for me and Micky, we are scheduled to arrive on 10/25. Also for my sister who arrives on the 29th - she has a ticket and room only.
Then on 8/29 I have to wake up and make fast passes for my brother who arrives on the 28th - he has a package so have to wait until his window opens even though we are linked.
Then on 8/30 I have to wake up and make fast passes for my other sister who arrives on the 29th!!! Also a package.
I'm going to have to try and mirror their fast pass times as close to my times as possible so we can all ride together. I think I will only have problems with Mine Train and FEA.
No clue if I will be able to get them FOP at all...sigh.

I will never complain about making FP reservations again! :)
Good luck! Hope it goes seamlessly.

I can only speak for Tusker House Lunch. I am torn there. The first time we went it was delicious. The next time the following year, not so much. But, it was a great atmosphere. Very good character interactions.

Have you thought about Crystal Place or 1900 Park Fare? Those were pretty tasty too. At least I thought so.

We had the same experience with TH lunch. 1st time great, 2nd blech. If you don't care about the characters I would do Boma instead. I actually thought the buffet at Minnie's Seasonal Dine was pretty good.

For anyone interested Michael's has all their disney kid's crafts 40% off. Foam crafts and such. I picked up some fab five stickers and washi tape for cheap. I'm going to use them for my mousekeeping envelopes.

*And they have Halloween decor out!:dancer:

We really enjoy the Cape May dinner buffet. It has a lot of variety and easy to get to from Epcot. The food has been really good, too. :)

Glad to hear it since I love sea food but my son...tuna sandwiches only. It was one of a few places that had not just something we would both like, but many choices that we could get down right excited about.

Glad to hear it since I love sea food but my son...tuna sandwiches only. It was one of a few places that had not just something we would both like, but many choices that we could get down right excited about.
They have a kids section that is at kid"s level with pizza, chicken legs and mac and cheese. Adults help themselves to this food all the time. ;)

We had the same experience with TH lunch. 1st time great, 2nd blech. If you don't care about the characters I would do Boma instead. I actually thought the buffet at Minnie's Seasonal Dine was pretty good.

That was actually my first choice but they dont do lunch and we only have 1 evening in AK to see Pandora at night and ROL. If I got an earliest possible 5pm dinner ADR we couldnt possible see both.

Wish me luck guys - on countdown for today's FP+ opening but have a churning stomach as yesterday I had real trouble trying to show the guests in the second room of the booking - others advised they'd all be there when our booking window opens today! I'm not too stressed as we have the option of obtaining a DAS due to my grandson with special needs but we would prefer to not do that as he will find that difficult to deal with. 20 minutes to go........

Wish me luck guys - on countdown for today's FP+ opening but have a churning stomach as yesterday I had real trouble trying to show the guests in the second room of the booking - others advised they'd all be there when our booking window opens today! I'm not too stressed as we have the option of obtaining a DAS due to my grandson with special needs but we would prefer to not do that as he will find that difficult to deal with. 20 minutes to go........

I hope it all worked out for you!

Oh no! Have you tried calling?
I got at least the main one each day - phone wait currently over an hour and I have to leave shortly for a meeting about my elderly parents so will just have to keep checking back - rang my daughter and she said "Mum it's a holiday we will still love it - we didn't do all this pre-planning last time and it was great!" - sometimes it needs someone being level headed!

I got at least the main one each day - phone wait currently over an hour and I have to leave shortly for a meeting about my elderly parents so will just have to keep checking back - rang my daughter and she said "Mum it's a holiday we will still love it - we didn't do all this pre-planning last time and it was great!" - sometimes it needs someone being level headed!

I'm glad you managed to get a few booked. Your daughter sounds very wise! It's so easy to let the hiccups get to us when we're all caught up in planning ideal trips. But it's DISNEY and it's going to be great!

Nope! Started off ok but the past hour I am repeatedly getting Olaf on both devices! Have signed in and out a number of times but still no luck (sad face!)
Try a different device...if you were on a desktop, try a tablet or phone...sometimes folks have luck that way...

Next Saturday I make fast passes for me and Micky, we are scheduled to arrive on 10/25. Also for my sister who arrives on the 29th - she has a ticket and room only.
Then on 8/29 I have to wake up and make fast passes for my brother who arrives on the 28th - he has a package so have to wait until his window opens even though we are linked.
Then on 8/30 I have to wake up and make fast passes for my other sister who arrives on the 29th!!! Also a package.
I'm going to have to try and mirror their fast pass times as close to my times as possible so we can all ride together. I think I will only have problems with Mine Train and FEA.
No clue if I will be able to get them FOP at all...sigh.

Next Sunday is my Fastpass day. Will see how it goes. Just had a friend return from a 2 week trip and he said to totally plan fast passes around FOP, it is well worth it. Im not so worried though, I will just RD it if I need too. No kids to worry about, can always go back to the room and nap after if I need to. :faint:

Just got home and logged in again and hip hip hooray managed to move a couple and got 3 FP+ each day (not all first choice but fine)! We can't do FOP but moved Navi to a time within our planned day - original one was too late......and relax! Thank you for all your support.

Next Sunday is my Fastpass day. Will see how it goes. Just had a friend return from a 2 week trip and he said to totally plan fast passes around FOP, it is well worth it. Im not so worried though, I will just RD it if I need too. No kids to worry about, can always go back to the room and nap after if I need to. :faint:
Good luck - I think you'll be fine - with 2 littlies we aren't planning RD and only one late night but I've got most of what I'd planned - only some ADR's that meant I couldn't. How many days are you visiting?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter