***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

If you ever have trouble with the MDE site-open an "incognito" tab and try signing in again. For some reason-even clearing cookies sometimes doesn't solve the "olaf" problem but the incognito does.
Thank you I'll look into that - I'm not sure you can do that on Apple and I have iPhone iPad iMac but will get hubs (more tech than me) to investigate. Clearing cookies, going through website, Google- nothing worked but left it 4 hours then signed in again and hey presto!

Good luck - I think you'll be fine - with 2 littlies we aren't planning RD and only one late night but I've got most of what I'd planned - only some ADR's that meant I couldn't. How many days are you visiting?

We will be there for 7 full days, but have F&W events planned for some of them. Will have to work around those. Im not too worried, Im sure Disney will do something to totally upheave all the plans at the last minute anyway, they seem to be very good at doing that. :rolleyes2

Next Sunday is my Fastpass day. Will see how it goes. Just had a friend return from a 2 week trip and he said to totally plan fast passes around FOP, it is well worth it. Im not so worried though, I will just RD it if I need too. No kids to worry about, can always go back to the room and nap after if I need to. :faint:
I asked this on the Pandora thread, but will ask here also...does anyone know what the wait time is for ROPE DROPPING FOP? Thinking of a TUskar House PPO breakfast for ROL dining (if I can snag it once it's finally released!) and wondering if that would put us in a better spot for FOP rather than trying to race all those young and sprinting teenagers....

Any info?

I asked this on the Pandora thread, but will ask here also...does anyone know what the wait time is for ROPE DROPPING FOP? Thinking of a TUskar House PPO breakfast for ROL dining (if I can snag it once it's finally released!) and wondering if that would put us in a better spot for FOP rather than trying to race all those young and sprinting teenagers....

Any info?

Josh did this blog post a week or two ago....

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/animal-kingdom-pandora-rope-drop-with-9am-open-72517/

and it looks like he has been updating his touring plan advice.

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/animal-...s-rope-drop-wait-times-and-fastpass-priority/

I don't think the PPO Tusker House makes a difference and might make things worse.

Josh did this blog post a week or two ago....

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/animal-kingdom-pandora-rope-drop-with-9am-open-72517/

and it looks like he has been updating his touring plan advice.

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/animal-...s-rope-drop-wait-times-and-fastpass-priority/

I don't think the PPO Tusker House makes a difference and might make things worse.
Thanks...i see that several folks asked in the comment section about PPO Tuskar House ADRs, but don't see any response...I wonder if they make you come all the way back for rope drop, or if you would be held part way back, or by the back entrance by Lion King. So hard to make a strategy with new stuff.... LOL

If you ever have trouble with the MDE site-open an "incognito" tab and try signing in again. For some reason-even clearing cookies sometimes doesn't solve the "olaf" problem but the incognito does.

Thanks for this tip. I was having trouble making my room requests (the drop down menu would not load any choices) I went incognito and bam working well.

Thanks...i see that several folks asked in the comment section about PPO Tuskar House ADRs, but don't see any response...I wonder if they make you come all the way back for rope drop, or if you would be held part way back, or by the back entrance by Lion King. So hard to make a strategy with new stuff.... LOL

I haven't read it since he first wrote it, but I believe he says they are letting people in earlier then 9, so I would think with the timing a PPO breakfast wouldn't work well and would put you behind. But I could be remembering wrong.

I seem to have entered into a new phase in the planning and preparing mode- obsessing over the weather. Do we really need ponchos or not. Do we need a light jacket or not. Do we need cooling towels or not. DO we need portable fans that plug into our phones- we really dont like the heat.

Ugh October seems to be capable of running the full weather spectrum from heat stroke to hurricanes and everything in between

I seem to have entered into a new phase in the planning and preparing mode- obsessing over the weather. Do we really need ponchos or not. Do we need a light jacket or not. Do we need cooling towels or not. DO we need portable fans that plug into our phones- we really dont like the heat.

Ugh October seems to be capable of running the full weather spectrum from heat stroke to hurricanes and everything in between
I would highly recommend ponchos above all else. Rainy days at the park are awesome because people tend to clear out once rain starts. To buy a poncho in the park is $10 I believe. Buy a pack of inexpensive ponchos for the family to be prepared for anything!! As far as the other things I'm not sure but I always bring a light jacket to have just in case!

^Above is right!

Cheap ponchos from the dollar store or you can get multipacks on amazon. They don't take up much room and can be extremely useful. Don't forget shoes that dry quickly if you do end up with rain in the forecast.
I've been in June and July and barely used fans so I'm skipping them for Oct. I might get one cooling towel for my DH, he'd probably use it even if it was 60 outside.
As for jackets, I just bring a hoodie for everyone. If anything they'll at least get used on the plane ride.

That was actually my first choice but they dont do lunch and we only have 1 evening in AK to see Pandora at night and ROL. If I got an earliest possible 5pm dinner ADR we couldnt possible see both.

Did you get the Tusker House ROL package? It is a separate reservation and includes reserved seating for ROL. We did this in May and although we didn't care for the meal that much, the ROL seating was really good. And there was the advantage of not having to wait in a long line for good seats.

I do like Beirgarten and Cape May Buffet. Both have really good food, but I haven't been to Cape May in many years.

Help!
A reservation for 1900 Park Fare came up for us on the last day of our trip...we were planning HS that day, the reservation is at 4:20. And we know we don't want to miss Fantasmic!
At this point it would be hard to switch days with FP and other reservations, but I guess I would try...
Here is what we have so far:
Sun: Epcot, ADR Spice Road for lunch
Mon: MK so we can see HEA
Tues: swim/ Rainforest Cafe at DS and MNSSHP
Wed: AK, ADR at Sanaa 2:45
Thurs: MK, ADR Chef Mickey
Fri: HS (ADR at ESPN) but would cancel this for 1900 Park Fare.

What is your suggestion? and what is the best way to make it work!?!
Thanks in advance!

Did you get the Tusker House ROL package? It is a separate reservation and includes reserved seating for ROL. We did this in May and although we didn't care for the meal that much, the ROL seating was really good. And there was the advantage of not having to wait in a long line for good seats.

I do like Beirgarten and Cape May Buffet. Both have really good food, but I haven't been to Cape May in many years.

Yes I booked the ROL dinging package the day they finally came out. It seemed like they never would I tell ya. sheesh.

So I know I'm coming in a little close. But hi everyone! Me and my mom have a trip planned for the 26th of October through to the 4th of November. :woohoo:
We are staying in All Star Movies and have tickets for MNSSHP on Halloween night! Of course we plan to dress up for the party; I'm going as Vanellope and my mom as a mouseketeer. And we're going to use the quick service dining plan just to make the stress less. I have to book fastpasses on August 27th so pray we get our few we want.:earseek:
Our plan is kinda flexible but we agreed to avoid Hollywood Studios cause of the construction and I'm kinda nervous about Pandora cause I can't do motion simulators/ certain ride seats. So tips for Pandora or a really good argument for HS would be appreciated. Look forward to planning with you!
:hmghost:Koko :figment:Kate

Our plan for the trip:
Oct. 26 fly out, maybe Disney Springs
Oct. 27 Magic Kingdom
Oct. 28 EPCOT
Oct. 29 Magic Kingdom
Oct. 30 EPCOT
Oct. 31 MNSSHP
Nov. 1 Animal Kingdom {with a reservation at Yak & Yeti}
Nov. 2 EPCOT
Nov. 3 Magic Kingdom
Nov. 4 fly out

So I know I'm coming in a little close. But hi everyone! Me and my mom have a trip planned for the 26th of October through to the 4th of November. :woohoo:
We are staying in All Star Movies and have tickets for MNSSHP on Halloween night! Of course we plan to dress up for the party; I'm going as Vanellope and my mom as a mouseketeer. And we're going to use the quick service dining plan just to make the stress less. I have to book fastpasses on August 27th so pray we get our few we want.:earseek:
Our plan is kinda flexible but we agreed to avoid Hollywood Studios cause of the construction and I'm kinda nervous about Pandora cause I can't do motion simulators/ certain ride seats. So tips for Pandora or a really good argument for HS would be appreciated. Look forward to planning with you!
:hmghost:Koko :figment:Kate

Our plan for the trip:
Oct. 26 fly out, maybe Disney Springs
Oct. 27 Magic Kingdom
Oct. 28 EPCOT
Oct. 29 Magic Kingdom
Oct. 30 EPCOT
Oct. 31 MNSSHP
Nov. 1 Animal Kingdom {with a reservation at Yak & Yeti}
Nov. 2 EPCOT
Nov. 3 Magic Kingdom
Nov. 4 fly out
Hi! I think Tower of Terror and Rock 'n Rollercoaster are both some pretty good reasons to pop by DHS. Especially since you're staying that length of time. Indiana Jones and Star Tours (though it sounds like that might be out for you?) are fun nostalgic rides as well. Plus, there are some good shows and it's a small park to walk around. The construction isn't putting us off at all, but I've got a Star Wars loving 7 yo, so we've got a full day at DHS. Only you know what's best for you! Have fun planning!!

I have 1 night at Allstar Movies at the start of my trip where I arrive late, will likely just eat dinner and go to bed early so I can rope drop at AK the next day. Well the Dis Unplugged just helped me get a little more excited about it. Even my son-who doesnt usually watch the Dis unplugged with me got excited about the secret menu ordering and said

Today was my fastpass day I have been so stressed leading up to this day hoping to be able to get FOP FP for 6 ppl on day 5 of our trip. We got it!!! Later in the day (5pm) but I'm just so happy to have got it there was no way I could move my AK day & trying to rope drop it didn't sound fun. So day 5 is possible for FOP.

Today was my fastpass day I have been so stressed leading up to this day hoping to be able to get FOP FP for 6 ppl on day 5 of our trip. We got it!!! Later in the day (5pm) but I'm just so happy to have got it there was no way I could move my AK day & trying to rope drop it didn't sound fun. So day 5 is possible for FOP.
So....we're not staying on Disney property which means our fast
So...i'm getting a little worried...we're not staying on property so our fastpass day is only 30 days before (on September 2nd). What are the chances that I'll get anything in Animal Kingdom or SDMT or FEA???

Order of events of how I snagged a 2017 October Disney trip.

Monday, August 23rd
7:45 pm receive an email from Disney.
9pm get ready for bed, check my emails one last time.
9:15pm excitingly tell my husband that I got a pin! Spent the next 5 minutes explaining to my husband how big of a deal this is.
9:20pm try to access my deal but the last name and zip code linked are wrong (maiden name and very old address)
9:30 score! Figured it out, grabbed the laptop to look at how good the deals are.

Husband: 'I want to be there on halloween day but I don't want to use all my vacation time'

Me: Checking out saturday to Wednesday availability....hmm, lots of decent places to stay.

Husband: 'I want to stay on the monorail loop'

Me: :eek::eek:

10pm I call disney. I get a really fabulous phone CM. He books me for the Grand Flordian.

I couldn't sleep. I had to be up at 5am the next morning...but I just found out I'm going HOME!
I finally fall asleep around 1:30am. :faint:

Is this really happening? I wasn't expecting to go back to Disney until 2019!

Yesterday I booked airfare (husband's first time flying!) AND MNSSHP tickets. No turning back now!

Only problem? I'm used to having a year to plan a trip and now I have 2 months. Luckily, I've been kept in the loop for what's been going on at Disney these past few months.

My dates are October 28 - November 1.
Staying at the Grand Floridian.

It still hasn't fully hit me yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter