HEY....is that Reggie?.........nope, it's just Happy Hour

dalt01

DIS Veteran
there have been some rumblings that Jock Lindsay's Hanger Bar is no longer an E ticket destination at Disney Springs. the big reason being given is that they are Monkeying with the menu. i feel there are a couple of different reasons for the lower attendance. first off it simply does not have the footprint to be a crowd destination, it lists a capacity of 150 but i would not care to be there under those numbers. i have been inside when there are 30 or so and it feels like more to me. second, it comes off as a "diversion" rather than a planned event. ya walk by "Hey, i heard about this place lets have a look". and frankly, bars just ain't what they used to be. the resort and pool bars do a good business because of the stay behinds and the "lets take the day off my feet hurt" crowd. so now Jock's big idea is to expand Happy Hour, which means taking a buck off some of the drinks and apps. If they think that is going to solve the problem they have another drink coming. opinions always welcome.

Last edited:
Since I am not a big Indiana Jones fan, haven't had a drink in 8 years, and there are much more interesting to me places that I want to eat at DS, I would probably only stop in here if friends I was with wanted to go. Just doesn't hold any personal interest for me.

I like the space, but it is incredibly small. I was very disappointed when I saw it after its opening. I think the inside part is fun and there are some unique items. The problem is just that it is such a tiny space that it can be a bit off putting.

A big problem is the quality of the drinks simply don't match the high prices. If charging top shelf prices for mixed drinks, Jock Lindsay's has to use top shelf booze and decent mix. The unique specialty drinks must actually taste good and have a decent pour. This is particularly true in Dis Springs where there is serious competition. I love the theming of the place but save my $ for Trader Sam's. Both the drink list and the menu is constantly in flux because the offerings just aren't up to scratch.

A big problem is the quality of the drinks simply don't match the high prices. If charging top shelf prices for mixed drinks, Jock Lindsay's has to use top shelf booze and decent mix. The unique specialty drinks must actually taste good and have a decent pour. This is particularly true in Dis Springs where there is serious competition. I love the theming of the place but save my $ for Trader Sam's. Both the drink list and the menu is constantly in flux because the offerings just aren't up to scratch.
disneys "pour" is a topic for a whole other post.........

I went in, it bored me, I paid my $11 and left.

If Disney wanted to have a well themed watering hole, let's just say I was well into the four digit range at Adventurers Club before they ripped it out. Bringing in a half assed version with mango in every drink isn't enough to get a fan base.

I went. I liked the space and thought the drinks were delicious. We love the bar itself and loved sitting out on the boat

For us the food was the problem. Everything we had was on the spicy side. We went back to our hotel and ate at the food court

I really like the place - but haven't experienced it when it was very crowded

I love the nods to the Adventurer's Club and was fortunate enough to chat with a bartender there who had worked at said Adventurer's Club and had some great stories to share. She also helped put together the drink menu arc Carthay Circle at DCA

The drinks I thought were good though not as good as at Trader Sam's - still good though. Haven't had a lot of the food there but I thought the fried calamari was very good and a pretty large portion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!