Hi All, Returning to DLP after 4 years - have lots of questions

dypsy

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone

I haven't been to DLP for 4 years but am looking to book a large family trip for possibly Feb 2018. So much seems to have changed from my last trips so I am hoping someone here can give me some advice.

We will have 2 adults and possibly 1 child with disabilities. Do Disney do a carers pass or anything like that?

We haven't actually booked yet, where is the best place to start. Looking at Disneyland Hotel for approx. 6/7 nights so know it will be expensive but obviously want the best deal possible.

Does the DLP Hotel have interconnecting rooms?

Is breakfast included at DLP Hotel? Have only stayed at New York before when it was a hot breakfast but didn't like it.

Thank you for any help you can give, I am used to planning holidays for my family but so much more pressure when other people and its soo expensive.

Can only answer one question.

If you have a child with disabilities you can get a pass where you book a time to see a character so you don't have to wait in a regular queue. Not sure where you get the pass from - maybe City Hall?

If you see a character that your child wants to meet go up to their handler with the clipboard and show them your pass. They will give you a time to come back so you do not have to wait in regular line.

Is breakfast included at DLP Hotel? Have only stayed at New York before when it was a hot breakfast but didn't like it.

No breakfast is not included in standard rooms at Disneyland Hotel. To get breakfast at Disneyland Hotel you either need to have the Hotel Half Board Meal Plan or the Standard Half Board Meal Plan.

The breakfast at Disneyland hotel has
the standard continental breakfast
English baked beans
bacon
veal sausages
scrambled eggs
boiled eggs
American style pancakes
Maple syrup

Hope you're enjoying the planning! :) You might be able to get the free half board meal plan at Disneyland Hotel in Feb (it runs to March on the current UK site deal) - this would mean breakfast included and a premium dining plan for everyone, probably saving you a lot of money especially if you maximise the value by eating at Auberge, Inventions, etc.
I believe it is possible to get interconnecting rooms at DLH.

Can only answer one question.

If you have a child with disabilities you can get a pass where you book a time to see a character so you don't have to wait in a regular queue. Not sure where you get the pass from - maybe City Hall?

If you see a character that your child wants to meet go up to their handler with the clipboard and show them your pass. They will give you a time to come back so you do not have to wait in regular line.

This is only for "scheduled meets" though. Like Cheshire Cat in Fantasyland during Halloween. A "pop up meet" like let's say a prince and a princess coming out randomly near Casey's, or the characters coming out at Small World will not accept a Disability Pass. Some CMs may make an exception, but we've been refused countless times.

The Disability Pass can be obtained at City Hall for normal ticket holders, AP holders need to go to the AP office.

This is only for "scheduled meets" though. Like Cheshire Cat in Fantasyland during Halloween. A "pop up meet" like let's say a prince and a princess coming out randomly near Casey's, or the characters coming out at Small World will not accept a Disability Pass. Some CMs may make an exception, but we've been refused countless times.

The Disability Pass can be obtained at City Hall for normal ticket holders, AP holders need to go to the AP office.

Thanks for clarification.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!