Hi from Canada!

goalcam

Earning My Ears
Hello! I'm pretty new to the boards (despite my registration date), but I've been watching the DIS youtube channels for a few years now. I've finally decided to take the plunge and make my first trip down to Disneyland in 19 years in January for three park days!

I've been to DL twice as a kid and WDW once, but it was all so long ago that I can hardly remember. My family had gone to DL in December in 2000 for new year's just before DCA opened, so I never got a chance to experience 'old' DCA (but my very good friend that I'm going with was quite familiar with it!). I'm really looking forward to seeing the changes. :) Most of the rides will be out, unfortunately, due to disability, but there's plenty to do otherwise, but I am hoping to make it on Splash Mountain!

I'm really excited about the trip and have been some what obsessively planning.. I have essentially everything set up at this point with the exclusion of the Anaheim Resort Transportation shuttle to get between my hotel (Homewood Suites Main Gate) and the parks. I even have a second home screen set up on my phone..

1rOvi4Q.png

(I also haven't flown in about a decade, can you tell that I'm a bit nervous? :) )

I think that's enough rambling..

WELCOME! And don't worry about flying - piece of cake. Planning for the flight portion is essential - make sure to check the TSA website for any updates since the last time you flew ( what's allowed and what to expect at the airport ).

I’m planning on going to WDW from Canada in about a year as well, with neck and back issues. I too am determined to ride splash mountain no matter the inflicting pain that will result from it hands down my favourite ride!

Welcome to the Dis :welcome:

And by the way I have no issues with Splash but some rides like Dinosaur and Space Mountain are too much for me. There is so much to do that you can just skip the rides that are known to cause back pain. There are many many threads about this issue.

I’m planning on going to WDW from Canada in about a year as well, with neck and back issues. I too am determined to ride splash mountain no matter the inflicting pain that will result from it hands down my favourite ride!
My spine is pretty bad in spots ( ruptured a disc on the Drop Zone at Great America, for starters) and I can't ride BTMRR, RnR, ToT, Space or Dinosaur, but I can handle Splash!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!