Hi, I'm a mom and I could use your ACT College Knowledge for DD-17

chrisn

DIS Veteran
What is the best prep she can do for the ACT and/or English Compass test?

I am most familiar with the SAT exams, but your DD could do a few things to prepare for this test. She could ask a teacher she had last year for some helpful hints. Last year with my juniors, I ran practice timmed essays like that of the SATs so they would get a feel for that portion, so I wonder if she has had anything like that. If not, it's okay. You might want to try helping her find ACT study guide booklets with example questions and tests. Whatever you do, don't waste your money on a prep course! The point of the ACT is to test cummulative knowledge gained throughout the course of her education, most specifically what she's learned in high school. Therefore, if she studies on her own (and with some help from you, too!) she should do fine. Good luck!

chrisn said:
What is the best prep she can do for the ACT and/or English Compass test?

If you go to ACT home page, you can probably sign up for student help. I know that the Collegeboard site has an sat prep section for the sat and psat, so I would think that the ACT site would also have one similar.

Did she take the PLAN? It will not only tell you how she stands compared to others but where she is weak. PLAN is the Pre-test for ACT.

Prep classes- Depends- test taking skills can be learned. How does she normally do on tests?

Focus on those SAT II subject tests too if she needs to take them. There are good books avaliable with practice tests for all the tests. Practice will help.

The only thing I did to prepare for the ACT was do a couple practice sections on the Internet. I took a prep course for the SAT and I felt that doing that would be sufficient enough for the ACT. IMHO, I thought the ACT was easier than the SAT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter