"Hidden" fees

Bhoffm02

Mouseketeer
Are there fees associated with using DVC points at a non-DVC (RCI, cruise, etc) destination?

BTW, I understand that these destinations are not the most economical way to use points, just curious as to what, if any, "hidden" fees go into using points in this way.

Thanks!

There's a $95 transaction fee. Nightly RCI exchanges will probably require payment of a housekeeping fee to the hotel. Cruises don't include gratuities, alcohol or adult restaurant up charges.

You might run into additional fees at an RCI exchange, but they should be disclosed prior to you booking the reservation. [ETA: housekeeping fees, parking, etc.]

I don't know if DVC/RCI includes any all-inclusive resorts, but if so, be sure you thoroughly understand what's involved there -- it can be a LOT.

Are there fees associated with using DVC points at a non-DVC (RCI, cruise, etc) destination?

BTW, I understand that these destinations are not the most economical way to use points, just curious as to what, if any, "hidden" fees go into using points in this way.

Thanks!
Not only are there fees such as the $95 fee, if you make even simple changes, you'll have to pay the fee again. And if you cancel, the points are restricted and cannot be used back for DVC resorts. IMO the poor return (value) is actually the largest "fee".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter