High Speed Rail

InLikeSin

Mouseketeer
I haven't really heard all of the details yet but the teasers for our local news keep touting that funding was aproved and will have a high speed rail linking San Fran to Anaheim in the next few years. And the rail station would be the bus depot thats already along one of the ART lines. This would make our weekend trips so much more enjoyable! Imagine catching a 2hr train instead of 5-6 hours stuck in traffic. We would make the trip 1-2 times a month instead of every other month if the travel time was slashed down to 2 hours.:cool1:

Wow. That would be cool.

Am suddenly thinking of relatively cheapie tix to SF, seeing my family, getting on the fast train to Anaheim...ahhhhh.

Wouldn't it be WAYYY more useful to have a bullet train between LA and Vegas? I've been saying this for YEARS! (every time we go to Vegas!)
The weekend trafffic stretches that drive from 7 to 10 hours. The worst was Thanksgiving '07, it took 16 hours to make it home!

Yes. There has been talk, but I thought it was voted down this last time around. I could be wrong though.

This would be wonderful for our family. Although by the time that it is built, I will be out of the house. But for my parents :)

Just last September the Vegas/Anaheim train was getting closer and closer, and looking at the news it seems it's getting closer to reality. The articles really require you to know the deep background though...really bugs me when an article can't stand on its own, ya know?

Hope it works out for you, we're using the Amtrak from Anaheim to San Diego then back to LA during our trip in July, looking forward to it, as we are from the UK, it's not a fast journey but for us it's a novelty, as we have the fast trains here in the UK, only two hours from Manchester to London, they go so fast, I can't even read on the train now like I used to, that's the one downfall for me, but worth it for the speed of journey! :thumbsup2

At $105 each way (what they're predicting the cost will be from the Bay Area to LA), it's twice the cost of flying (at least on SW) and takes an extra hour or so, so I don't know if we'd use it much or not. :confused3

Wouldn't it be WAYYY more useful to have a bullet train between LA and Vegas? I've been saying this for YEARS! (every time we go to Vegas!)
The weekend trafffic stretches that drive from 7 to 10 hours. The worst was Thanksgiving '07, it took 16 hours to make it home!

According to the news that would be a leg added after the SF - Anaheim was completed. They would also add a stop in Gilroy at the very end (they predict the end of this decade) which would be awesome because thats a lot closer to us than even San Fran.

They need one from Surprise to Anaheim!! I would go there every other day! I have an AP and the only thing keeping me here is that long drive. :sad2: I am just exciting myself. It's not gonna happen! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter