Highs from trip 28th September - 3rd October 2017

cherrymarzipan

DIS Veteran
Just got back late last night after DS's birthday trip. Here are some highs:

Meeting Moana in the Studios before the Halloween season started on Sunday. Nice surprise as I hadn't realised she would be there.

Love the Mexican themed Halloween decorations in Frontierland, really vibrant and different from the last few years. From Thunder Mesa to the Chaparral Theatre there are colourful Mexican inspired figures and bunting everywhere. Fuento del Oro is in the thick of it and at times there is a live Mexican band playing there. I thought I would miss Main Street being decorated for Halloween but this worked so well. Some interesting related merchandise too.

Goofy's Skeletoons Street Party parade through Frontierland added to the festive use of this area and was more casual than the Main Street route.

Loads of well organised meet and greets all over the park. Straddling two seasons as it were, we met Minnie and Mickey, Daisy, Cheshire Cat, Queen of Hearts, Maleficent, Snow White's Evil Queen, (SW's Wicked Witch was out too but DS is scared of her so we avoided that one!), Gaston, Frollo, Scrooge McDuck, Marie, Stitch, Baloo and King Louis, Captain Hook, Peter Pan and Wendy, Jafar, Dr Facilier, Jessie, Pinocchio and Gepetto, Suzy and Perla, Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger, Mr Smee, Tic and Tac, Merida, Aladdin and Jasmine, Alice and Mad Hatter. The Evil Queen and Daisy Duck were exceptional fun amongst a really lovely bunch altogether.

Every time we go to DLP, DS, who has autism amongst other diagnoses, fixates on some rides and totally blanks others. This trip he was obsessed with Pirates which is looking great with the new features (although he refused to go on the Railroad train or into Discoveryland at all!)

Crowd levels were low with the exception of the Saturday from midday onward which was absolutely heaving. Sunday, the first day of the Halloween season, was really quiet then which meant we had no problem seeing the new parades and characters.

The weekend brought in the smokers but I saw several cast members directing them to the smoking areas and one brave cast member refusing to allow a group of smokers into the area around Pays des Contes de Fees with their cigarettes. Hopefully the message is slowly getting through.

Tuesday is Guest Star Day at Disneyland Paris! I never knew this before but at around 15:30 on Tuesday this was announced followed by a mini parade with Bolt and Figaro accompanied by dancers up Main Street. DS was delighted to see Figaro as he loves Pinocchio. Worth watching out for anyone interested in rare characters.

Anyone going soon - have a great time!

Thanks for the review and glad your son had a fantastic time. We're (husband and 7 yr old DD) are going the end of next week. I've a 2 day ticket so might go Sunday / Monday so we miss the crowds..though will depend on the weather as well. DDs first trip so she's really looking forward to it and wants to go on Dumbo first (as a friend at school told her about it and that was the very first Disney film I ever watched as a child). Will then likely do Small World and Buzz before moving onto some of the bigger rides. I love Phantom Manor so that's a must for me and even if she won't go on it, she can wait with her Daddy!

Would love to see Bolt so thanks for thr info on him. DD isn't bothered about the princesses (thankfully!), so hoping to see some of the more obscure characters.

Lovely review, glad you had a good time.

Agree with you on the smokers. We got back this afternoon after a few days in dlp and there seemed to be smokers everywhere.

Looks like you had a great trip, you saw loads of characters which is great they are back out and about in the parks.

Thanks for sharing :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter