Hilton Buena Vista or Vista Palace

Miromesnil75008

Earning My Ears
I tried searching, but couldn’t find anything. I apologize if this has been asked before.

I am looking into a solo trip next September for F&W, relaxation (ie sitting by the pool with a fruity cocktail) and shopping. At this point, I am thinking only 2 Park days (probably Epcot both days), and two hotel & shopping/eating at Disney Springs days. Am I the only one who still calls it Downtown Disney? :P

I currently have enough Hilton rewards for 4 nights. Which Hilton is better? Is one more convenient then the other?

*I know this is very early, but I’m supposed to be boarding a plane to London right now, so planning trips for next year is keeping me sane...

I tried searching, but couldn’t find anything. I apologize if this has been asked before.

I am looking into a solo trip next September for F&W, relaxation (ie sitting by the pool with a fruity cocktail) and shopping. At this point, I am thinking only 2 Park days (probably Epcot both days), and two hotel & shopping/eating at Disney Springs days. Am I the only one who still calls it Downtown Disney? :P

I currently have enough Hilton rewards for 4 nights. Which Hilton is better? Is one more convenient then the other?

*I know this is very early, but I’m supposed to be boarding a plane to London right now, so planning trips for next year is keeping me sane...

Any kind of pool & fruity drink time = Buena Vista Palace. Their pool puts ALL the rest on the Blvd to shame. I would stay there just to enjoy the pool.

Both hotels are at end of road closest to Disney Springs.

IMHO I prefer Hilton Bonnet Creek over both Hilton BVP/LBV. With that said, if I had to pick between those specific two I would go with Hilton BVP. Hilton BVP was recently renovated and overall is a nicer resort than Hilton LBV which is more dated, the pool at Hilton BVP is also larger and has more features.

I don’t plan on renting a car, and think being able to just walk to Disney Springs is a huge plus. I will likely use Uber to get to/from Epcot. Can you walk to Epcot or DS from Bonnet Creek?

I don’t plan on renting a car, and think being able to just walk to Disney Springs is a huge plus. I will likely use Uber to get to/from Epcot. Can you walk to Epcot or DS from Bonnet Creek?

Hilton Bonnet Creek is not within walking distance HOWEVER they do provide complimentary shuttles to all four Disney parks and Disney Springs, at least during normal times, this may have temporarily changed due the pandemic, I would recommend calling, from my understanding even if the shuttles are not running they will provide transportation at no cost. Here is the resort info:

Main Number: (407) 597-3600

Hope this helps!

We stayed at the Hilton Buena Vista in Dec. 2019. I timed it one day; from locking our hotel door to being at Earl of Sandwich was a 9 minute walk. I don't know how long the walk to the Palace would be take (but would love to know, it's one of the resorts we are considering for December).

We stayed at the Hilton Buena Vista in Dec. 2019. I timed it one day; from locking our hotel door to being at Earl of Sandwich was a 9 minute walk. I don't know how long the walk to the Palace would be take (but would love to know, it's one of the resorts we are considering for December).
Google maps says that it is a 10 minute, 0.5 mile walk from Hilton Buena Vista Palace to Earl of Sandwich.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hil...f8f2da!2m2!1d-81.5147167!2d28.37296!3e2?hl=en

Would choose BVP out of those 2. Stayed there a ton a few years ago when I was training a new hire in the area. The regular Hilton is run down and not nice at all. If you can swing it, try using points for the Waldorf. Great pools and very nice.

I really liked the palace. The breakfast w/ our gold (now diamond) status was really good and I like their pool. It looks like some rooms of the Buena Vista are closer than the Palace, but I've been told it depends on your room assignment. Both are walkable - we actually walk to the Disney bus stop to take a bus to resorts for meals there. The photos of the Buena Vista rooms look dated. Will probably stay at the Lake Buena Vista location at Christmas b/c I need a 5 person room and I don't want to stay at doubletree.

Another vote for the Palace! We've stayed at all the Hiltons close by and it was our overall favorite. Great breakfast, super easy to Disney Springs, and the rooms were a good size and layout.

What's the shuttle like to Disney parks, specifically now in coronavirus times? Where's the drop off/pickup for parks? Are they reducing capacity and distancing like Disney buses? How's the frequency?

What's the shuttle like to Disney parks, specifically now in coronavirus times? Where's the drop off/pickup for parks? Are they reducing capacity and distancing like Disney buses? How's the frequency?

For the Disney Springs area hotels, according to the official DS hotels website (see link below), transportation has been temporarily suspended for all DS area hotels. This could change between now and the end of the year, especially considering that both Hilton BVP and LBV are slated to re-open on October 1, I assume that more than likely transportation will be brought back at some point soon. The best course of action would be to contact the hotels directly as information is fluid and changing by the day.

https://disneyspringshotels.com/covid-19-hotel-updates/

Last edited:
I spent a week at Buena Vista Palace last November. It was nice enough.. Typical Hilton. Excellent breakfast. (free with Diamond status). I found it a little on the bland side; nice enough lazy river but absolutely no water features or decoration, just a river of moving water! Nice main pool and bar&grill, though. About a 10 minute walk over the walking bridge to DS. I'd stay there again for a business trip. I didn't use the theme park shuttles since I had a car, but I never saw a ton of people waiting so I assume they kept to the 30 minute schedule pretty well.

This could change between now and the end of the year, both Hilton BVP and LBV are slated to re-open on October 1
They've moved the date back at least 3 times already so I wouldn't bank on that date. Not saying it won't happen, but have a backup plan ready.

They've moved the date back at least 3 times already so I wouldn't bank on that date. Not saying it won't happen, but have a backup plan ready.

It is highly probable that at this point this date will stand, these are the only two remaining Hilton hotels in Orlando that have not yet opened (Bonnet Creek, Hilton Orlando, etc. have been open for months).

I've stayed at both. If price is comparable or isn't an issue then Hilton Palace. The rooms are much bigger, the pool and resort area is nice.

The Hilton BV is a little better situated but I really didn't like the rooms. They are extra small with maybe 2 feet between the beds and desk/tv unit. Also ceilings in the room are really low. Just felt really claustrophobic for a Hitlon brand hotel. I would never stay there again unless the price dropped to like $50 a night.

If price is an issue then I prefer the Doubletree BV up the street. The rooms are much bigger and a suite. If you have a car it's not an issue that it's a little further than the other two. The resort fees and parking fees are also less at the Doubletree than Hilton and Hilton Palace. *Also if you have no car and don't mind walking it's only a 15 minute walk to Disney Springs and there's also a Lynx bus stop that goes to Disney Springs. They have a nice bus to the parks but not a bus to Disney Springs.

Last edited:
Hilton Bonnet Creek is not within walking distance HOWEVER they do provide complimentary shuttles to all four Disney parks and Disney Springs, at least during normal times, this may have temporarily changed due the pandemic, I would recommend calling, from my understanding even if the shuttles are not running they will provide transportation at no cost. Here is the resort info:

Main Number: (407) 597-3600

Hope this helps!
There's two things I don't like about Bonnet Creek.
1. No bathtub. Only showers.
2. The buses take for ever and there is nothing in walking distance. I would prefer Palace and the Doubletree because they are both close to Disney Springs. Bonnet Creek to Disney Springs or any of the Disney Parks isn't possible.

There's two things I don't like about Bonnet Creek.
1. No bathtub. Only showers.
2. The buses take for ever and there is nothing in walking distance. I would prefer Palace and the Doubletree because they are both close to Disney Springs. Bonnet Creek to Disney Springs or any of the Disney Parks isn't possible.

1. King rooms have showers and 2 Queen rooms have bathtubs, it depends on the room type you book.
2. I believe the appeal of Bonnet Creek is that it is somewhat of an oasis and truly a stand-alone resort, away from the hustle and bustle, it is also the newer of the three Hilton hotels, has the largest pool, and has the most restaurant offerings and amenities. The motorcoach shuttle system is very easy to use and the schedule is always published in advance with specific times and also accessible via a mobile app, I have never had any issues with transportation at Bonnet Creek. IMO I believe Bonnet Creek is a superior hotel to both Hilton BVP and LBV.

1. King rooms have showers and 2 Queen rooms have bathtubs, it depends on the room type you book.
2. I believe the appeal of Bonnet Creek is that it is somewhat of an oasis and truly a stand-alone resort, away from the hustle and bustle, it is also the newer of the three Hilton hotels, has the largest pool, and has the most restaurant offerings and amenities. The motorcoach shuttle system is very easy to use and the schedule is always published in advance with specific times and also accessible via a mobile app, I have never had any issues with transportation at Bonnet Creek. IMO I believe Bonnet Creek is a superior hotel to both Hilton BVP and LBV.
The bus system there is slow. I think the other problem with the bus is that it would go to every single park on one route further slowing things down. I guess if you have a car then that problem is solved.

They do have a really nice gym.

Why, that seems so random. You would think the king should have a bath and the queens a shower if they wanted to save money on water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter