Hilton DoubleTree SeaWorld

Joshua Porter

Earning My Ears
Hi all, new poster here!

My partner and I are staying off-site at Hilton DoubleTree @ SeaWorld on International Drive for 3.5 weeks in October/Noevember. I know I-Drive well, have always stayed around that area towards Vineland when I've been in Orlando. We stayed at Sheraton Vistana Resort Villages last year and it was fantastic. We got a great deal with Virgin (though not cheap) for DoubleTree and it was a "recommended resort".

Has anyone had experience of staying here and have any tips or tricks for us when we arrive or during our stay? I'm always dubious when staying somewhere I haven't before. I had stayed at the Sheraton previously so I knew what to expect, not so sure this time. TripAdvisor seems to rate it well overall.

Any help would be great!

Our family stayed there for almost a week during Christmas break a couple years ago. If you are doing anything at Sea World, it is amazingly close and convenient. We thought the room size was very good. Our room was spotless, and everything was in working order. There are a few pools to enjoy so don't forget your swimsuit. They had a small mini golf course that we enjoyed one afternoon. We had pizza delivered from room service one night, and we were happy with the quality and the price. The warm cookies when checking in were yummy too. There are several restaurants and stores nearby. Arrive as close to check in time as possible. We stayed in one of the rooms that was not in the main tower, and we loved that. It was quiet at night so we could sleep undisturbed.

If you are enjoying anything at Sea World, go to their Sea World travel desk. They were so helpful. I know they offer a free Sea World shuttle. I am pretty positive they offer shuttles to some of the other parks also. I didn't pay close attention to that.

Our family stayed there for almost a week during Christmas break a couple years ago. If you are doing anything at Sea World, it is amazingly close and convenient. We thought the room size was very good. Our room was spotless, and everything was in working order. There are a few pools to enjoy so don't forget your swimsuit. They had a small mini golf course that we enjoyed one afternoon. We had pizza delivered from room service one night, and we were happy with the quality and the price. The warm cookies when checking in were yummy too. There are several restaurants and stores nearby. Arrive as close to check in time as possible. We stayed in one of the rooms that was not in the main tower, and we loved that. It was quiet at night so we could sleep undisturbed.

If you are enjoying anything at Sea World, go to their Sea World travel desk. They were so helpful. I know they offer a free Sea World shuttle. I am pretty positive they offer shuttles to some of the other parks also. I didn't pay close attention to that.

Thanks for the review, I do expect the place to be good for what we need it for as frankly we are hardly ever in the apartment or room. I was just looking for someone to allay any fears I had and you have done that! I had read bad things about the non-tower rooms but if you say it was enjoyable then I don't care too much if they are quiet, I would prefer that! I think some people can go overboard with criticisms sometimes and that is what happens occasionally on Trip Advisor!

Our non tower room was huge, and it was great. Enjoy your trip. I must admit I am jealous. It is hard taking my boys out of school for trips in the off season.

Our non tower room was huge, and it was great. Enjoy your trip. I must admit I am jealous. It is hard taking my boys out of school for trips in the off season.

We are lucky that we are just big kids at this point so don't have to worry about the time we take off haha! I really appreciate the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter