Hilton Head Golf recommendations?

We found all the golf courses that we visited actually on HHI to be great, but expensive. Maybe we are just cheap, but I had a hard time with the prices at Palmetto Dunes even with a discount. The best value that we found on the island was Golden Bear. Priced right, and it was a lot less crowded. Our favorite off island courses are The National and Eagles Point. If you made me pick the best course it would be The National. They were a little more money, but a top notch course. Good luck!

Agree with juncker--fairly expensive. You can hit afternoons for a cheaper time, though in November the weather is much better, so not sure prices will be a lot better. Played Fazio most recently and found it lacking. I mean, it's maintained well enough but there are only a handful of memorable holes, and most of those are par 3.

The heritage group has good courses and reasonable prices. My SIL also uses an app that pulls last minutes deals, PM me and I'll ask him what he uses. https://www.hiltonheadgolf.net I'd also call the resort and ask if they have any specials, I know Marriott does.

Just off island is Hilton Head National, it's always been in great condition (at least DH says, and as a former assistant greenskeeper, he's VERY picky) and reasonably priced. George Fazio, one of the Palmetto Dunes courses, can be a challenge to the higher handicapped golfer. I watched a woman get so frustrated by the elevated greens surrounded by sand traps, that she quit. The courses at Port Royal are among the better ones.

So when you all say expensive or reasonably priced, what are we talking ? $50/ $100per - $200...We are looking at having boys week there and starting to look at pricing now.
THanks

If I remember, most courses were about $75, Hilton Head National closer to $50. Then you have the big 3 in Sea Pines-Ocean and Dunes(or whatever their names are now) roughly $125, then Harbourtown in a league of its own, $250. These were November prices. No doubt prices vary, but Harbourtown is always VERY expensive

Ehhhh - right now? I would consider avoiding HH.... :(.|
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Attachments

• HiltonHead.jpg
    HiltonHead.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 2
I will 2nd the Hilton National courses. Also the Sea Pines courses are a little more expensive but recently refurbished and a lot of fun to play. Plus they are on the island eliminating some of the driving.

If I remember, most courses were about $75, Hilton Head National closer to $50. Then you have the big 3 in Sea Pines-Ocean and Dunes(or whatever their names are now) roughly $125, then Harbourtown in a league of its own, $250. These were November prices. No doubt prices vary, but Harbourtown is always VERY expensive
I think SIL paid more in the range of $26 per round with cart but it was last minute.

I think SIL paid more in the range of $26 per round with cart but it was last minute.

DH would LOVE to find that. Usually he makes his tee times well in advance, but $26 might entice him to try last minute. Did she use "last minute tee times"? Where and what time of day did she golf?

DH would LOVE to find that. Usually he makes his tee times well in advance, but $26 might entice him to try last minute. Did she use "last minute tee times"? Where and what time of day did she golf?
He said he paid $40 with cart at shipyard and high just under $30 he thinks at HH national. He said he uses Golf now to book last minute and cheap. He's played Oyster Creek and Port Royal in the past. I know he and I kept looking at Indigo Run (Golden Bear) at $26 trip before last but never pulled the trigger. Our last strip they had 10 free rounds as part of the timeshare exchange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter