Hilton Head Restaurant Recommendations

Just got back from HHI- We went to Scotty's Fish Market at the marina - Very very good-- Sea Shack- very very good-- Low Country Backyard- excellent---Skull Creek Boathouse-usually one of our favorites but was very disappointed this time-drink tasted weird food was not hot and just flavorless. Will go back maybe just a bad night. Signes for breakfast and we found a delicious French Bakery at the mall near the resort-delish!!!!! And World of Beer was fun!!! Love HHI!!!!!!!

Thanks for your reviews! I can't help wondering if Skull Creek Boathouse is "resting on its laurels", as they say. Either that or maybe it was a bad day.

Thanks for your reviews! I can't help wondering if Skull Creek Boathouse is "resting on its laurels", as they say. Either that or maybe it was a bad day.

My brother and sister-in-law are locals and live about 5 mins from Skull Creek Boathouse -- it is one of their favorites. Over the 20+ years we've been going our go-to places have been (in no order) -- San Miguels, The Sea Shack (nothing fancy --just great food), One Hot Momma, Guiseppie's Pizza, Salty Dog area (not the inside restaurant...over rated and over priced), Hudson's -- can't go wrong with any of them.

British Open Pub, Poseidon, Reilly's (at the Triangle, there's a north end one too that we did not like as much), Quarterdeck, Salty Dog.

We are leaving soon for our annual HHI trip. One restaurant we are interested in that we haven't tried yet is Dockside. Can anyone give any reviews of it?

We are thinking of going to HH over the Christmas break. Are all these restaurants open in December?

Another vote for Frankie Bones....Ridiculously great service, excellent food, and at an actually pretty good price....This, and the fact that they do give a DVC discount, just mention it, & the fact that you're staying at DVCHHI....:thumbsup2

We are thinking of going to HH over the Christmas break. Are all these restaurants open in December?

We've been there at the beginning of December and a few of the restaurants go to shorter hours, mostly just by stopping lunch. Other than that, I don't think there are any changes.

Yes. Over the past several years, most dining options are year-round.

Many restaurants also offer discounts during the winter-off season, so it won't hurt to ask. One of favorites is the Old Fort Pub, which will usually require a reservation in the summer but during December/January the past couple of years, they have offered a 3-for-$33 special - where you will get 3 courses for $33 and order from the regular menu. The courses offered are the entrée, soup, salad and dessert. Your choice of which three.

Enjoy! :)

Do all the Serg Group restaurants give DVC discounts?
Giuseppi's has offered a DVC discount ever since the resort opened - but that was before they were part of the Serg group. I'm not sure that all of the Serg restaurants offer discounts to DVC guests. The two closest (both at Palmetto Dunes) are Poseidon and Giuseppi's. But Serg has a large group of member restaurants and anyone may sign-up for their VIP Club and receive the VIP Passport which begins the winter season discounts on December 1 and runs through the end of February with some black-out dates. You can sign up at their website.
  • Skull Creek Boathouse
  • Giuseppi’s Pizza & Pasta-Hilton Head Island
  • One Hot Mama’s American Grille
  • WiseGuys
  • Coastal Provisions
  • Poseidon and Rooftop Bar
  • Marleys Island Seafood Grille
  • Black Marlin Bayside Grill
  • Frankie Bones
  • Giuseppi’s Pizza & Pasta-Bluffton
  • The Lodge Beer & Growler Bar
  • Dining Tour List Updated 10/21
  • Skull Creek Dockside
  • Crescent
  • Marleys Shrimp & Burger Shack

Another vote for Lowcountry Backyard! We also liked One Hot Mama's for bbq and Dough Boys for pizza and salads!

Marley's
Charbar (burgers)
Wild Wings Cafe (for wings at lunch)
Old Oyster Factory
Poseidon (was pretty good)
Kilwins (best ice cream)

Update: We tried Dockside last month. Even though the food was pretty good, the service was terrible. I doubt we will be back.

The best meal the whole trip was Poseidon's. They have consistently gotten better with each trip. The meal was perfection this time! My husband's vote would be Alexander's, which I love, too. I think I just didn't pick the right entree. But we will be back to both next year!

And we will definitely get bbq from One Hot Mama's to go for some tasty lunches in the resort. That bbq is amazing!

Poseidon! Giuseppi's, Drydock. There are a few more. I will find them and report back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter