Hitchin Ceremony

CRUSOUND

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know anything about the "hitchin ceremony" at the Garden grill in Epcot? Also, are the early entrance days worth it? What is the wonderland tea party and is it new?

Thanks!

If you are early risers & going when the parks will get crowded, the early entry days are wonderful!! If you have to fight with a teen to get them out of bed in the AM & it's off-season anyway.....well, you have to weigh one against the other I guess. When we couldn't get DS out of bed early enough for EE, we just went to a different park that day.

We did the Re-Hitchin' at GG for dinner one evening. It's just a fun thing, but DH was surprised & played along nicely. We didn't have the characters at ours (server kind of forgot us :( ) but they were aware of it & spent a good bit more time with us before & after. It was nice & the certificate is cute.

You just need to tell the CM when you make your PS that you want to do it. Then when you check in, remind/ask the CM about it - to make sure it's noted. I think I also had called back the week before we left to check ALL of our PS's & made sure it was noted.

They had the Wonderland Tea Party when we were there in '99, so it's not new. It's at the GF and only lasts an hour, but DD thought it was well worth it. She was at the upper end of the age range & wasn't sure she wanted to do it, but we'd missed it on our previous trip & she didn't want to pass up her only chance. She shouldn't have worried. She had a wonderful time.

It's for ages 4 - 10 (I think - maybe someone will post the link for you) and parents may not attend. It's well supervised, though, so I don't think I'd worry with a younger one.

DD also did the Pirate's Cruise on that trip & liked that even better. ;)

Actually 3 year olds are invited to this one. My DD3 did it this past December and really enjoyed it. Most of the kids were probably between 4 and 6. They give the parents each a beeper so that if there is any problem they will beep you. We just waited in the lobby with our DS almost 2 who took at nap.

They eat with Alice and the Mad Hatter and practice their manners sipping tea (apple juice). They also decorate a cupcake and get a picture to take home with just your child and the characters. It was a nice treat for DD. This time DS will be 2 1/2 and I don't want to make him wait for it, so we will pass and wait until they are both old enough to do the Pirate Treasure Hunt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter