HKDL trip planning questions

doombuggy

Has visited every Disney park in the world
Hello!
I am looking to head to HKDL, the last disney theme park I haven't been to, in November for the running event. I plan to arrive Friday Nov 1 and leave tuesday Nov 5. I am in the process of booking a room for myself at the Hollywood Hotel.
1) is the breakfast at Chef Mickey's worth the cost? I am alone and will need to eat. I like Character meets, but I dont know if there is photo pass for the meet with Mickey?
2) Photopass - do they sell a length of stay photopass, or is it just day by day?
3) AIA race - has anyone done this event previously? Do they have photo pass photographers at the event taking running photos and/or photos with the characters present?

TIA!

1) Character dining in the hotels have photopass photographers. They give out 1 card per table and they scan it as they take pictures.

2) I'm sure each photopass card is usable for the whole stay. If you already have one from the park, You should be able to decline one at the restaurant and say you want to use the card you already have

2) I'm sure each photopass card is usable for the whole stay. If you already have one from the park, You should be able to decline one at the restaurant and say you want to use the card you already have

Sorry, what I meant was is the Photopass+ (I think that is what it is called) available as a length of stay or just one day?
https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/guest-services/photo-pass-service/
It quotes HKD398 all digital downloads - would that be for my legnth of stay or just for the photos taken on 1 day for example? We have something like this here at WDW.

1) Photopass costs extra. If you're trying to do character dining, the dinner buffet at the Disneyland Hotel usually has Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy while Chef Mickey's breakfast usually only has Mickey.
2) Photopass+ is one day only. It is also separate for hotel character dining and the park so you will have to buy 2 if you're planning to do both park photos and character dining. When they changed the system to only be one day last September, a lot of people in Hong Kong saw it as a cash grab. You can check with them to see if they've changed it back if you're thinking of buying it.
3) They have characters along the race route but you take photos of them using your own camera/phone. No photopass along the route.

Thanks so much! I think I will skip the breakfast, then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!