HKDL with 2 kids - ideas?

sclarked

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

We are planning a trip to HK in early January next year with 2 kids (6, and nearly 4) and also my mum (so 3 adults 2 kids) - we are travelling from Australia via Singapore. Huge Disney fans, so thought we would try and blow the kids' minds with a stay at HKDL. My husband and I have done HKDL in one day when our oldest was 7 months old.

We're thinking that we might arrive into HK (from Singapore) around 1pm and then head straight to HKDL resort, check into one of the hotels and enjoy the afternoon at the hotel and maybe do a character meal for dinner. We would then spend the next day at the park, stay the following night and then check out after a character breakfast, before heading towards the rest of Hong Kong for a further 3 nights.

So we're looking at 2 nights in one of the Disney hotels - purely from a price perspective (especially as we have to book 2 rooms to fit all of us), we are looking at Explorers or Hollywood. Would anyone recommend one or the other for our group? Can we hotel-hop and enjoy the activities at the other hotels?

Is it worth booking now and getting the discounted rate + upgrade + priority admission pass, or is there likely to be a better deal closer to when we go?

Thanks!

Hollywood Hotel is probably cheaper and kids tend to love the game room/arcade there. The benefit of staying at the Explorers Lodge is that you get a "field guide" which is exclusive to guests of that hotel. Kids can go around the hotel to stamp the field guide and I believe they can collect a prize for finding all the stamps. I also prefer the food at the Explorers Lodge. I believe there is a small fee to use the storybook playroom at the Disneyland hotel if you aren't staying there. Other than that, you should be able to enjoy the other activities at the other hotels.

I think the Explorers Lodge has more activities and would be my pick. I've been to the hotels many times but haven't personally stayed at any of them though.

You might also price out the Kingdom Club room at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel. It's pricier, but includes breakfast and snacks and drinks throughout the day. Others have mentioned that the savings from other meals really helps make up for the higher price. And it includes character meets for breakfast, crafts for kids, and bedtime stories (in Cantonese, English, and Mandarin) with a visit from a Disney character in pajamas. The hotel also has a Storybook playroom, popular with children.

Whichever hotel you choose, hope you have a great time!

You might also price out the Kingdom Club room at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel. It's pricier, but includes breakfast and snacks and drinks throughout the day. Others have mentioned that the savings from other meals really helps make up for the higher price. And it includes character meets for breakfast, crafts for kids, and bedtime stories (in Cantonese, English, and Mandarin) with a visit from a Disney character in pajamas. The hotel also has a Storybook playroom, popular with children.

Whichever hotel you choose, hope you have a great time!

Cheers, thanks for this info. I had a look at the Kingdom Club Room - unfortunately the price is a bit prohibitive, given that we are a party of 5. We'd really only have half a day to benefit from it too. I think for our trip this time, we might stay at Explorer's and plan for some character dining as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!