HO-HO-HOLY GRINCHMAS...10 JOLLY HOLIDAY NIGHTS AT RPR..NOV/DEC 2018

THURSDAY 29TH NOVEMBER……...TRAVEL DAY

Kyle apparently slept like a log...….we never heard him move all night.....and we probably would have as we didn't really sleep much at all. We fell asleep fairly quickly but around 2am we both woke up and couldn't fall back over.....despite being incredibly tired. You`d think your brain would behave when it knows you need to sleep......but, we got up, put the tv on quietly and generally looked out of the window......there is an awful lot going on during the night here.

Around 4.30 I did get back to sleep, and was unconscious immediately...so much so I never heard the alarm call go off......now I could sleep!!!

But, I got up and headed into the shower first...….that would wake me up...…..and it was a good shower and they do have some lovely products laid out.

We were up far too early as usual......we always are......but it`s like an instinct thing to get to the airport too early...….and we do like the airport time if I`m honest...….but we all looked a little tired as usual, but our enthusiasm overcame the tiredness as we began to chat about the adventure ahead of us...…

We did think of having the buffet breakfast in the hotel before we set off, but it was still a little too early for any of us to really eat anything at all...….so we thought we may do that when we land home.....we have to come back here to pick up the car anyway...….so we checked out and made the five minute walk down the Skywalk to Terminal 2. I was glad we all had put our hoodies on as the walkway was cold......really cold. Although you never step outside, it felt like you were today...…..as we had seen when we got up, it was a miserable day here......rain was bouncing down and it was very windy...….nice day to fly anywhere...….

Virgin Atlantic are one of the nicer airlines to fly with...….we do enjoy their whole process......staff are always incredibly friendly and look amazing with their outfits on...….you can see them a mile away......one of the staff points us to the check in desk we want and we do get the young man who isn't the friendliest this morning......he is perfectly professional, but no warmth. As we already checked in, it`s just a case of getting boarding cards and him asking if we are all fit and healthy as we have Emergency Exit Row seats......yep, we are all fine.

Once we have them, we climb the stairs to go through security......usually I get the extra search but today we all get through with no issues......sometimes we buy the Fast track pass that makes you go through quicker if there`s a huge line at security, sometimes it`s given to us automatically...….but today we didn't need it either way as it wasn't busy.....no shoes off...no ipads out of cases and no secondary checks for me...…

We gather up our individual bags and head through to Duty Free and food area...….

I prefer Terminal 2 to terminal 1 for both food choices and general shopping areas.....it feels more airy and you do get a better view of planes from this one...……

We stop in at one of the places offering both cereal for Kyle and bacon and sausage buns for Tom and I......and a giant mug of English Tea...….would definitely have another mug of that this morning...….

We ordered the food and got Kyle his cereal and bottle of water and sat down.....they bring the food over to you when it`s ready...….it was a bit neat for space, so I didn't bring the camera out as we were sitting at tables far too small and folks were close by so no room for bags...….but when he brought the breakfasts we forgot how huge the buns were...….this would keep us going for a while!!! They were very nice.....and Kyle had 2 bowls of cereal as they were pretty small boxes.

We sat for a while and then wandered around the duty free area.....I was looking to buy a new Bobbi Brown shimmery eye shadow...I had got it here last year, so headed straight for that little area......nope, they didn't have it...….I would have to get it in Orlando...….no hardship there...….lol......I knew we`d be making the journey to the Mall at Millenia at least once...….we had a look around at other items, but didn't purchase anything...….it really is just a wander around now to pass the time...…..

We did go check to see which gate we were flying from and caught sight of our rather majestic aircraft...…

i-7XhfCcL-XL.jpg

Only it wasn't our plane in the end.……...this was the aircraft heading for Vegas or the Caribbean...…..our plane was Tinkerbell and parked slightly further down...….but identical in every way......this would be the plane that would bring us home though. I liked how every plane in the Virgin fleet had a name...….I think we had flown on almost every one at some point or other......and the Jumbo Jet still impresses me no end......I do like having 4 engines to rely on and the sheer size of them is still a sight to behold.....

We went to sit in one of the breakfast places just to pass some more time......their seats are comfortable and as it wasn't busy at all we didn't buy anything.....they were happy if you just wanted to sit. We couldn't have eaten anything else anyway...….although we did end up getting another cup of tea each anyway......you have to order at the bar and they bring it over.....I always marvel at the folks who can drink all sorts of alcohol at that time of the morning.…...it`s just not for us so early......I do like a mimosa myself, but pints of beer and bitter and hard liquor just doesn't appeal to us at that time of day......but, each to their own. Although wouldn't mind not having the aroma of beer so early.

i-FbR8FmD-XL.jpg

We went to the gate and sat down...….usually flights are boarded in a certain order....Assistance Passengers, Upper and Premium and then the rest of the plane is boarded by rows from the rear of the plane forward ......usually we are last on when we have the exit row seats...…..but today everyone seemed to be just lining up......never seen this before.....

We decided not to join the very long line of folks waiting to board...….as we sat I looked over at some other folks who were sitting down......I recognised a woman and her husband who we had coincidentally met in the check in line on two previous occasions over the last two years.....both times the airlines were different...….once before with Virgin and once with Thomas Cook...…..and here we were again.....flying the same day with the same airline.....she recognised us as we spotted her...….she was amazed we had bumped into each other again...….we had a brief chat and then we began boarding as everyone else was...……funny coincidence.

We always greet Cabin Crew as they welcome us aboard......it always amazes us how many people don't acknowledge their greeting......and it looked another nice crew again today...…..we would have David in the CC seat opposite us today.…...as we sat down he was very chatty already along with the other crew members who were around...…..we got our hand luggage in the bins above, but Tom couldn't fit his in as the folks behind had used it up.......being exit row you don't have a choice as you have no seats in front of you to stow a bag...….so David told us to put it in the little area to the side of us under the stairs......now that was handy!!!

Everyone boarded fairly quickly today......so we were pleased when the doors closed and we pulled back from the gate on time...….When David sat down we had a good old chat with him about several things......and today we had windows by our row.....the exit row further back last year didn't have any windows, so this was nice...…..although not so nice looking out the window...….but, the plane was nice and warm and we all got very excited as we taxied along the seemingly never ending road to the eventual runway...….

Hearing the engines roar on a 747 is fabulous...….again, very impressive to know those engines will lift this hulking piece of engineering up to 41,000 feet and fly like that for hours...….they are loud. But, soon we are up in the air and what a smooth take off despite the high winds...…..and we then settle down for 9 hours of constant flying till we get to our destination.

You are served a snack almost immediately, little pack of sour cream pretzels and your choice of drink.....but before that we always admire how much leg room you have with these seats...….even extra leg room seats are nowhere near as good as these...….and they are very coveted seats. We thought we had got a decent price for this trip flight wise, especially as we had Premium on the way home......roughly the equivalent of $3,800.....I`m sure you could get it for slightly less, but we do like to book as soon as they come available....we had to wait a little longer last year for Kyle`s vacation time to be authorised…...which is why we couldn't get Premium on the way out...…..but these seats were alright...….

i-djhZx2J-XL.jpg

We have always been lucky with flights...….we always fly Premium or have extra leg room exit rows......we have heard horror stories from some flights where economy seats are truly dreadful...…..especially if you`re tall...……lol...…..

The other good thing about this row, is no one congregates or stands in front of you as the stairs to upstairs in the bubble are there, so they ask for the area to be clear of folks...….we were glad to hear that...…

So, first service is a white wine for me, orange juice for Kyle and a small beer for Tom...….it`s drinkable…..that`s about all you can say about it...….with Virgin all your drinks are all fully complimentary.....you can go up to either galley area and help yourself to soft drinks or ask for anything else alcoholic......they are careful with alcohol though and won`t hand it out if they feel you`ve had too much......we`ve never seen this thankfully...….you do get quite enough as it is anyway. We always buy some extra water anyway after security so we always have plenty, saves wandering around and asking for it if it`s not laid out.

i-FfgWTXv-XL.jpg

We settle down to watch the excellent IFE system that Virgin operates...….there are so many movies and tv shows to choose from, you are spoilt for choice...…..although, none of the newer ones appealed to me particularly...…..so I ended up watching a British TV comedians show I hadn't seen before...….oh my goodness!!!! It was the funniest thing I`d seen in years...….and Tom told me everyone could hear me laughing uncontrollably at times...….oops!!!!! I had earphones in so I was blissfully unaware...….lol...….David did pass and ask what I was watching......lol......

Tom and Kyle both found numerous movies they wanted to watch...….I`m sure none would have appealed to me either...…….but, there is plenty of choice...……

The sun was beaming right in our windows, so we pulled them down so they didn't glare the tiny little screens...…

i-thp4LLr-XL.jpg

We were shown another act of kindness about now. David the CC guy, asked us if we would like a glass of champagne from Upper Class...…...now, that had happened to us last year too with the lady CC who offered us the same kindness...…..we of course said yes...….and took a picture to document we had real glasses.....you only get plastic in economy...…..lol...…..

And very nice it was too!!!! How kind of him...…..and Kyle joked he couldn't believe we had been given it again...…there are some very lovely people out there.

And again, we had people behind us ask if they were getting champagne......how come we got it and they didn't...….oh dear!!! Only to themselves though, I was glad they didn't ask CC directly.

i-JRR9vDh-XL.jpg

Then, comes the highlight of the flight...….anyone who has flown 9 hours or longer knows the food is a genuine distraction of the time and something to look forward to...…..well, kind of...……

You really just hoped it would be edible if I`m honest...……they hand out a menu not long after take off with three main options......usually two meat and one vegetarian option...….you never want to be left with that choice!!!!

Kyle and Tom opted for the sausages done in a sauce of some kind.....tomato based and they both said it was alright, cheese ma...….sausages were better than the sauce......and a kind of pesto pasta salad with cheese, crackers and a chocolate dessert that I was sure Kyle would eat all three of them...…..he did.

i-7sk4PGH-XL.jpg

I went for the chicken curry......forget which type it was claiming to be, but it was alright...….and I did like the little pasta salad that came with it...….I may have eaten Kyle`s too......fair swap for a dessert :D...…….you also get wine with your meal, and usually they give you two little bottles with your meal...…..so you do get plenty without asking for any more.

i-c84smV4-XL.jpg

It passes some time and to be fair, it was alright...…...once they come around and clear everything away we all plan a bathroom visit and stretch our legs a little...….we also thank David again for the lovely glass of champagne when we see him...…..

My two favourite guys!!!!

i-JdFqgCW-XL.jpg

As a side note......I should say...…..my hair.

I got a load cut off before this trip......and then she said did I want anymore off...…..and rather quickly and without really knowing why......I said yes...…..and have spent the time since regretting getting it so short!!! Not my stylists fault......all on me...…..I don't know when I last had it this short....and it`ll never be this short again, through choice........but.....it is quicker to dry!!!!

i-TMg4r49-XL.jpg

We now have a good few hours or so ahead of us...…..Kyle opens the blind and takes a couple of pictures of the engines and then we settle down for the rest of the flight...……I may or may not have kept giving Kyle a hug every now and again as I just kept glancing over and was so glad he was there with us...…….:hug:

I watch The Conjuring again, Tom and Kyle both watch something super hero or sci fi...…...and we all at some point fall asleep......David told us he passed and we were all cocooned in our blankets, neck pillows and eye masks in place...….wish he`d got a picture...…..I believe we may have slept for around 2 hours...….

i-FBtbdWF-XL.jpg

I do love the Skymap and once I had decided I didn't want to watch any other movies, I put that on and kept it there till we landed...…..I do like to know where we are on the map...….and always feel a little relieved to be over or much closer to land.

i-q6nQ4wx-XL.jpg

i-sQsZNGN-XL.jpg

i-vksDPSF-XL.jpg

We were getting closer when Kyle took this image of a beach of some kind...….I forget exactly which one it was...…….but it was lovely to feel we were getting closer to our destination...….

i-KW9sr9g-XL.jpg

Around 90 minutes before we land we are served afternoon tea...…..we all only eat the potato chips and Kyle has the little cookie thing…….I don't eat malted or seeded bread, and never feel the need to ask for special provision as we always have snacks of our own...…..but it again, is a nice little distraction...…..

i-2NDjNLz-XL.jpg

We visit the bathroom and await the seat belt sign to come on...….always a sign we are close!!!!

I love the vibe on the plane as we near any destination...…..everyone is in such a good mood and so excited for the beginning of their trip...……

When David sits down we mention the lovely CC lady from last year who was so nice......and small world.....she used to be his lodger!!! We did enjoy chatting to him, and then as we neared the terminal the cabin manager came up and began chatting too...….we were extolling the virtues of Virgin Atlantic and how they were our preferred carrier.....but did occasionally go over to Thomas Cook......lol......she feigned horror!!! Really nice lady and again, we are always so lucky and have the loveliest CC on our flights...….

As we came to a stop, I saw the other Jumbo had arrived...….which meant Immigration could be a longer time...….we have Global Entry now, so usually that didn't affect us, we wandered straight through.....but as Kyle didn't have it, we planned to go through the regular line with him...….doh!!!!!

We should have waited till Premium and Upper exited the flight, but David said we could get off first as we were ready...….we again thanked him and the other lovely lady profusely for taking such good care of us....they really had.

So, first off the plane.....hadn't done that before...……...little things amuse us at times...…..

Now we just had to wait in Immigration...…….:sad2:

So sorry you all got the dreaded winter virus! Yuck! Andi got really sick our last day of our November 17 trip, ever fun, I really have no idea how I did not get it, so lucky!!

Your airport hotel and flight all sound like a perfect start to your 10 day trip! Looking forward to more, love the Kevin from home alone gif, so fun, we love that movie!

Your trippies are always awesome

Even what you share with us on the preflight and flights are great and a fun read

So sorry you all got the dreaded winter virus! Yuck! Andi got really sick our last day of our November 17 trip, ever fun, I really have no idea how I did not get it, so lucky!!

Your airport hotel and flight all sound like a perfect start to your 10 day trip! Looking forward to more, love the Kevin from home alone gif, so fun, we love that movie!

Oh I remember reading about Andi being sick on a trip!! Not nice for her or you........and yes, lucky you never caught it too......at least you could take care of her, she’ll have been so glad of that.

Thanks....getting better slowly, but boy is this taking its time to clear........I’m just glad Kyle wasn’t as bad for as long.......he’s back to normal now.......

We love Home Alone too........one of our “watch every year” movies......the first two anyway.......they are so much fun! We love the airport experience and arriving the day before is certainly a big part of our trip........:)

As always- Love the inflight pictures! What a beautiful plane!:flower1:

Thanks.........

Yes, those Virgin 747’s are quite the sight to see......and to me one of the most impressive in the sky........:)

Your trippies are always awesome

Even what you share with us on the preflight and flights are great and a fun read

Thanks mac.........

I’m always glad to hear you enjoy them..........you know the day before for us is the real start of our trip and we love spending time at the airport hotel......once we’ve had our Prosecco.......vacation begins......and yes, we even love the long flight too!! :)

TRAVEL DAY CONTINUED…………………….

So, with a huge amount of enthusiasm we bounce along the gangway ready to begin our vacation...….of course the changes being made to the airport in general means every time we come off the plane we seem to take a different path.....but always end up in the same immigration hall...……

Today was a shorter than usual walk...…..

With a longer than usual line ahead of us. There are a lot of folks in front of us. An awful lot.

We look longingly at the Global Entry machines that stand vacant and inviting...….but for today, we are joining the line that will destroy any excitement you can still muster at this point. I think there were two full UK 747 flights, and going by the voices around us, the Peruvian flight had also landed. We did tease Kyle we should have dumped him and gone through in seconds......lol....he did say we should have done that.....but, we`d just have to wait on him anyway...….we wouldn't have done that...…..

But, we join the end of what was 4 full lanes of people from one side of the building to the other.....and we don't complain too loud of course....…..so within the first 15 minutes we move the grand total of 2 feet. Kyle being the math whizz worked out how long we`d be there if we continued to move at this pace...….I almost cried at that point...…...I think we may just have made the plane home!!

At that point we saw other officers come on duty...…..thankfully...….and we did start to move a little better after that point...….and we managed to complete a conversation with the couple we recognised from previous flights intermittently when we passed each other every time we came around again...…

After just over an hour we eventually see an officer and are through in seconds...….the officers are always polite and official while they process us.....then we see the friendly side as they welcome us back to the USA......the words we always want to hear...…

Our luggage has long since arrived and had been removed from the belt and piled up to the side.....so seconds later we had them collected and we were heading to the people mover......the usual escalator is defunct now, so a short walk around the corner to another one again and we are at the people mover. And one is already there...….so we hop on and the doors close immediately and soon we are listening to Buddy Dyer and heading at speed to the main terminal...…..this is always a favourite part...….then as we exit that, we are trying not to look at the folks who are departing to our right......that`ll be us soon enough...….

I stop in at the bathroom before we head down to the car rental desks...…..Alamo has plenty of operators today and we get the guy who we know slightly and has served us a few times......Kyle stands with the cases as we deal with the paperwork.…..he knows we have a Tahoe booked, but if we can get the Maserati again, we will.....so we do ask him for an upgrade price and he offers us the same deal as September....we snap his hand off again......we don't fall for any of the sales waffle of how they treat special and returning guests......as long as it`s a decent price to us, we`ll pay it.....and we did. It probably was a bit silly doing it this time as we weren't going to be travelling around a great deal.....but we wanted Kyle to see the car we had enjoyed driving so much.

We step out and take our first few gulps of American air......first fresh air in I don't know how many hours at this point...….although bus fumes probably aren't the best first breaths...…..It was warm, but not the boiling hot temps we had left 7 weeks ago...….but we head over to Alamo where the car is already waiting for us as we had asked for the black one again......engine was running so it was cool inside....

Car loaded, seats adjusted and mirrors sorted we set off and headed along our usual and very recognisable route to the hotel.

And it is so familiar...….Kyle is basking in the familiarity too....and even though it`s now getting dark, everything is still visible and clear...….we turn off on Universal Boulevard and head up past the Orlando Eye and the Starflyer……..Kyle does have a rethink about going on it as we see it circle and swirl high in the sky.....thank goodness!!!! Although I think Tom was more relieved as he would have been the one to go on with him if he had wanted to do it!!!

At this point we are heading nearer the hotel and some hammerhead decided to almost swerve into the side of us...….I looked down as I saw the car get closer and she was texting and just began to slide towards us...….the horn is loud!!!! She got such a shock....but didn't put her phone down. She glared at us, rolled down her window, yes, rolled it down, and very slowly and deliberately gave us the finger.....lol.....how original......with a how dare we get in her way look...….idiot.

I smiled back at her...…....that annoyed her more I think.

But, at that point we could now see Universal.....Sapphire and RPR.....which does look quite dark at night now Sapphire has so many outer lights at night...….but always a welcoming sight. We love this hotel.....truly, our home away from home and it does feel like coming home when we arrive......when folks there say we are like family to them, we feel it too. We are all fairly quiet right now as we just enjoy that moment we all know when we arrive for any trip.

We pull into the parking lot and unload the cases and head up to the front......and it is so lovely to see all the Christmas decorations are up and look beautiful...….however as we walk in the front doors, Kyle had asked to go first and he enjoyed that first step inside the hotel he loves so much too......we try not to look at the tree as we are tired and weary and want to enjoy it when we`re not.....but of course, it`s so huge we can`t miss it!!! So pretty...…..

We head to the left for check in and we get Tony who we haven't met before.....lovely guy who gives you the exact warm and fuzzy welcome you want when you arrive anywhere...….he is so friendly and when he types in our name immediately says he won`t need to explain anything about the hotel to us...….that`s true!!! As our friend was on vacation and wouldn't be back till Saturday, we met one of the front desk managers we hadn't met before, she welcomed us back and hoped we would enjoy our stay......we were sure we would.

Our keys and package was already waiting for us, so we headed up to our room which was the King Suite this time and couldn't wait to get unpacked and head down for some food.

We had asked for a King Suite this time...….and we were thrilled with it...….I think this is what we would ask for from now on when we stay at RP...…..although we have never found the regular rooms small the way some folks do, we did appreciate the extra space......especially for Kyle.....and this room had a lovely view too, as all the rooms we had ever been in had.

The suite as with all rooms we have ever had, were immaculately clean and tidy......pristine would be a better word for them......

i-JMkrJRx-XL.jpg

i-mnRGP66-XL.jpg

i-pwdXgnJ-XL.jpg

i-n7xpN6L-XL.jpg

The barn style door between the toilet and shower and wash hand basin area isn't for everyone...…..I understand that...….but, for families or certainly for us, it`s fine and we have no such issues with it...…..I liked the style of door and although you can see shapes, you can`t really make anything out clear...….and as for using the facilities.....well, again, with family, it wasn't an issue at all...…….

The products they issue are nice too......Tom and Kyle tend to use them all the way through the trip, I do use them until I get to the store and pick up my own shower gel and Aussie shampoo products.....but they are nice enough if you didn't want to bring your own.

i-59kL72Q-XL.jpg

i-PmdvtbN-XL.jpg

i-RSHVV8F-XL.jpg

This was one happy bunny!!!!!

i-2GJfMZs-XL.jpg

We kind of sorta freshened up a little......we didn't unpack much as we wanted to first go up to Lounge to say hi to some of the staff we knew were working, then down to Jake`s...….this was Kyle`s first choice for food on our first night as was usual when we all visited together.

It`s funny, because for us right now it was almost 1am...….but we hadn't hit that wall yet.....it would hit later tonight.....it always did. But, right now we felt great...…..we had it all in front of us......great room, fabulous hotel and some good food ahead...…..so, up to lounge and we did say hello to a couple of folks we knew.....had a quick catch up and also allowed Kyle to see the changes in the lounge...….he hadn't even looked at our September pictures yet as he wanted to see it first hand himself...….and he did indeed like it....

Now downstairs to Jake`s...…..no wait for a table but we did ask if we could get "Pong" as we saw he was working......we had known him a good few years and he was lovely...….although like all places here, the staff are always first class. But, we did get his table and we got a big welcome back from him when he saw it was us.....again!!!!

I ordered my usual cocktail and a fanta, and he did laugh as he remembered last year when we ordered it in the volcano bowl and he accidentally set fire to our straws...….lol...…

We knew what we were having.....we are so dull at times...….or predictable.....Tom and I each ordered a crawfish chowder each and would share the hot wings....Kyle ordered his favourite cheese pizza....and his infamous non alcoholic strawberry daiquiri...…..now we were on vacation.

I was so happy to be here with both my guys again...……

i-NbKgxRr-XL.jpg

He does enjoy this drink.……

i-SMqgncW-XL.jpg

And I enjoyed mine...…….Tom I believe got a beer...….

i-5Pqbnng-XL.jpg

When the food arrived we were all ready to enjoy what we had ordered...…..food here is always excellent and service always exemplary……..and tonight was no different...…..and there`s always a fabulous atmosphere in here...….we like the tables, but we also enjoy sitting at the bar too......but for this trip it would be tables......

i-TVKd2fM-XL.jpg

i-W9qvrpn-XL.jpg

The crawfish chowder is definitely one of our favourite dishes in here...….it is so good!!!! But, everything is beautiful and always well presented...….and the wings are spicy enough for me, and I still adore the blue cheese dip despite detesting blue cheese...…..only one we will eat.

And of course Kyle and his cheese pizza`s...…..we found out later in the trip he could have had his favourite bbq sauce as a base......but for tonight it was basic tomato base...….and he loved it!!! He had waited a long time for this one...…..

i-m5zcth9-XL.jpg

We didn't have any dessert, but we asked Pong if they would still do the flourless chocolate cake...….it wasn't on the menu, but was on the room service menu...…..of course he could have it.....no problems there...…

i-pBSm6st-XL.jpg

Wasn't quite sure where he was putting it......but he enjoyed every last spoonful...….I wish I liked chocolate cake...……this one is so very rich and although looks heavy, Kyle claimed it to be fairly light......of course we wouldn't know as he didn't offer anyone any of it......lol...….

We sat a little while longer and chatted to Pong who enquired how many times we had visited this year.....he did wonder if we lived in America at this point, but was surprised when we told him nope....we do indeed travel from the UK every trip...…..

We paid the check, gave our thanks and said goodnight and headed back up to our room...…….and we saw a delivery had been made while we were out...…..

i-Xdh9gzh-XL.jpg

i-rxzpDRD-XL.jpg

Our friend, although still on vacation till Saturday had arranged for a delivery for us and a welcome home card to be sent to our room after we arrived...…......so we were already incredibly grateful for his thoughtfulness already...….and boy was it a lovely delivery...…..the cheese and fruit went down incredibly well as a dessert after our chowder...…..and the coconut covered pineapple was indeed a treat!!!! We did have a "discussion" over who got the biggest bit of that lol...…..but, it was all beautiful and we were very grateful for his kindness already. The candy and potato chips would be devoured over the next few days, I was sure of that...……

After our treats, we began the not so nice task of unpacking...…..this seems to take forever.....but having the two separate closets in this room was ideal...…..Kyle did all of his in his room and we took the closet in the bedroom...…..

We pulled out the sofa bed and hope this will be comfortable enough for him......our friend had said, if need be we could try the rollaway too if this wasn't comfy...…….

So, around 10.30pm we all suddenly looked a little grey...…...we all hit that wall...….and it really is like hitting a wall....or a wall hitting us……..it was now 3.30am in our minds time...….so time to sleep......we put the extra blankets on the pull out for Kyle as he had the room quite cool...….then a quick shower and we hit our very large and comfortable bed...……

I always leave the drapes open a little...….I do like to see the lights of the park and when I get up during the night I do like a look out the window where I can see Doom, Dudley and of course the pool all lit up...…

But, tonight we both fell straight into bed and I got the feeling I wouldn't be up wandering around.....well I hoped I wouldn't be...…..and the beds as always in this hotel are incredibly comfortable...…..I knew we would sleep well...…….

Sounds like a nice start to your trip...those goodies from your friend look yummy and I'm going to have to check out Jake's for the chowder while we're here.

I love the beginning of a vacation when all the fun is ahead of you.

Your style of the trip report is fabulous

Sometimes I feel I am looking over your shoulder as you write

Quite enjoy all the details

I'm so glad that you are all feeling better! Looking forward to this trip report and it will be extra special with Kyle along! The picture of you and him peeking from behind the Christmas tree is great! Good picture taking Tom! As always!

Last edited:
Another report! -- I've been away too long! I have to thank you again for all your trip reports and the info I've gotten from them. Your reports have reassured me that we'll like Sapphire Falls since RPR is too pricy over the holidays. The pizza from Jake's was a huge hit with my son -- he asked that we get it again on our next trip -- and it was so helpful to know that I could get food to go. I wonder if the concierge at Sapphire Falls would call and order ahead for me on New Year's Day so I could just walk over and pick it up -- maybe that's asking too much even with a good tip? :confused3

Hi @schumigirl! I'm pretty sure your beach picture from the plane is the south side of the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay from the Atlantic Ocean. I spent a lot of time in that area when I was in the service. The point is Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story (just "Fort Story" when I lived there). Virginia Beach is down the coast (up and to the right in the picture), and the runways to the right are part of Naval Air Station Oceana.

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice start to your trip...those goodies from your friend look yummy and I'm going to have to check out Jake's for the chowder while we're here.

I love the beginning of a vacation when all the fun is ahead of you.

Thanks Vicki.........the goodies were much appreciated......and we did enjoy them!

Oh definitely try the chowder.......it was one of the concierge friends Samuel who told us he loved it......and he doesn’t like anything seafood.......lol.......but he had to try it so he could describe it to guests.......but we’ve eaten so many bowls of it now!!! Lovely.........

Yep, the beginning is always so much fun.........:)

your hair looks really cute at that length! Very bouncy and sassy. :) Thank you for another fun TR. Following along!

Thanks Minniedoc.........

I wish I did like my hair short, Tom does, but it doesn’t feel like me........can’t wait for it to grow now!

Glad you’re reading along though.........:)

Your style of the trip report is fabulous

Sometimes I feel I am looking over your shoulder as you write

Quite enjoy all the details

Thanks mac........:)

I always appreciate everyone that enjoys the reports.........they’re fun to write too......and I’m always glad anyone enjoys reading them.........:)

I'm so glad that you are all feeling better! Looking forward to this trip report and it will be extra special with Kyle along! The picture of you and him peeking from behind the Christmas tree is great! Good picture taking Tom! As always!

We are a bit better thank you.......it’s a slow process kicking this bug!!

Yes, having Kyle along made it extra, extra special........he is such fabulous company and enjoys being with us too which is priceless........yes, we love that picture too.........I’ll tell him you gave him a lovely compliment.......he’ll be pleased.........:)

Another report! -- I've been away too long! I have to thank you again for all your trip reports and the info I've gotten from them. Your reports have reassured me that we'll like Sapphire Falls since RPR is too pricy over the holidays. The pizza from Jake's was a huge hit with my son -- he asked that we get it again on our next trip -- and it was so helpful to know that I could get food to go. I wonder if the concierge at Sapphire Falls would call and order ahead for me on New Year's Day so I could just walk over and pick it up -- maybe that's asking too much even with a good tip? :confused3

WELCOME.........KatieCharlotte........Glad you’ve made this one too.....always lovely to see you.......

I am so happy you have enjoyed the reports so far......and glad they’ve helped.......

Sapphire is so lovely and they treat you just as well over there as they do in RP......we are so looking forward to our next stays there in March and May........

Oh Jake’s pizza is amazing!! You could just call over yourself to Jake’s......but I’m sure concierge would do that for you if you stopped by on your way over.......it would be ready in nice time for you.......:) now, that’s a nice idea for New Years Day food!! Hope you enjoy reading along with this one.........:wave:

Hi @schumigirl! I'm pretty sure your beach picture from the plane is the south side of the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay from the Atlantic Ocean. I spent a lot of time in that area when I was in the service. The point is Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story (just "Fort Story" when I lived there). Virginia Beach is down the coast (up and to the right in the picture), and the runways to the right are part of Naval Air Station Oceana.

Thank you!!!

Kyle took loads along the coastline and some of Kennedy too......but they were a little bit further away, but we had no clue where that one was taken........

I’ll pass that info on when he comes in.........:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter