Holiday Danube River Cruise ABD vis Tauck Bridges. 7K price difference?

Hello again. I know it has been a long time but the world of COVID has me reminiscing about prior travels and I figured I would "report back" as requested in this old thread of mine. The advice I received here was very helpful and maybe I can help someone else. We did take the Tauck Bridges Danube River Christmas cruise in December 2019. It was our last trip before the world shut down to travel and I'm so glad we got to go. It was AMAZING. I still have never done an ABD trip so I cannot compare directly but I cannot image anything that would have made the trip better enough to justify 7K. The suite on the boat was beautiful and spacious. We did not miss having a balcony at all. The staff on the boat was wonderful and the local guides in each port were also engaging and very informative. Although we are not "big drinkers" we really enjoyed the lounge and the social atmosphere with other families. All cocktails were included and the bar tenders were eager to make suggestions and show off their skills. My 12 year old was very happy and there was no shortage of entertainment for her. The whole voyage was extremely family friendly. The team made Christmas eve/day very special and Santa Claus even made a couple of appearances. There were several special touches for the holidays like small gifts from Santa and candy in our shoes one night. On Christmas Eve we made Hungarian Christmas chocolate. The cruise did include an Illuminated cruise past the Parliament in Budapest (as was questioned above). I'm not sure if this is true in both directions but it was true for our cruise. We are looking forward to doing more trips like this when travel is possible again. Based on this experience I would have no qualms about going with Tauck Bridges over ABD if the itinerary and price suite our needs. This was a pricey trip but truly worth every penny. I'd be happy to answer any particular questions as we all day dream about the days when the ability to travel returns!!

Hello again. I know it has been a long time but the world of COVID has me reminiscing about prior travels and I figured I would "report back" as requested in this old thread of mine. The advice I received here was very helpful and maybe I can help someone else. We did take the Tauck Bridges Danube River Christmas cruise in December 2019. It was our last trip before the world shut down to travel and I'm so glad we got to go. It was AMAZING. I still have never done an ABD trip so I cannot compare directly but I cannot image anything that would have made the trip better enough to justify 7K. The suite on the boat was beautiful and spacious. We did not miss having a balcony at all. The staff on the boat was wonderful and the local guides in each port were also engaging and very informative. Although we are not "big drinkers" we really enjoyed the lounge and the social atmosphere with other families. All cocktails were included and the bar tenders were eager to make suggestions and show off their skills. My 12 year old was very happy and there was no shortage of entertainment for her. The whole voyage was extremely family friendly. The team made Christmas eve/day very special and Santa Claus even made a couple of appearances. There were several special touches for the holidays like small gifts from Santa and candy in our shoes one night. On Christmas Eve we made Hungarian Christmas chocolate. The cruise did include an Illuminated cruise past the Parliament in Budapest (as was questioned above). I'm not sure if this is true in both directions but it was true for our cruise. We are looking forward to doing more trips like this when travel is possible again. Based on this experience I would have no qualms about going with Tauck Bridges over ABD if the itinerary and price suite our needs. This was a pricey trip but truly worth every penny. I'd be happy to answer any particular questions as we all day dream about the days when the ability to travel returns!!

I did an ABD/Amawaterways cruise and an Amawaterways cruise. They were both wonderful for different reasons. Glad you ended up having a great time. I miss river cruising!

Thanks so much for reporting back. Sounds like an amazing trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!