Holiday decorations

lauritagoddess

Doin' the Plush Rush
Assuming they still put up the Xmas decorations this year like they normally do, how late do you think they’ll keep them up into January? If we arrive on 1/3, do you think they’ll still be up?

Have a great trip. Just cancelled our 12/27-1/3 trip.

This is me being very optimistic about being able to go. Due to my son’s schedule and my increasing heat intolerance, January would work really well. Since I can always cancel, it doesn’t hurt to plan.

N
Assuming they still put up the Xmas decorations this year like they normally do, how late do you think they’ll keep them up into January? If we arrive on 1/3, do you think they’ll still be up?
No worries.....they'll be up! Normally its the 6th......but guessing it might be later!

I visited this year January 4-6 and the decorations were still up. I was surprised that it seemed to still be fully decorated! They typically are kept up through the marathon weekend. Assuming that the 2021 marathon is still happening, they should still be there through January 10.

With Jan 3 on Monday, I could see them start to take down lots of decorations around that time. MK will probably still be up for the Marathon (if it isn't cancelled - then probably no decorations at all) They can completely undecorate a resort overnight. Other parks may be down before the Expo (Jan 6) even happens for the marathon.

With Jan 3 on Monday, I could see them start to take down lots of decorations around that time. MK will probably still be up for the Marathon (if it isn't cancelled - then probably no decorations at all) They can completely undecorate a resort overnight. Other parks may be down before the Expo (Jan 6) even happens for the marathon.

The marathon will have to be cancelled... Florida humidity + masks+ racing with no distancing?? The winner gets to say to the person behind him/her as they approach the finish line "stay 6 feet back"!

I’m just hoping we get to see something. Because of family obligations we can’t go any earlier than the 1/3.

Fingers crossed we’re going 12/26 to 1/1. Hoping all decorations and fireworks are a go for the holiday experience :wizard:pixiedust:

The "other" site says they have confirmation that Halloween Decorations will be going up they just dont know when yet.

I would be shocked if they didnt do both Halloween and Christmas decorations.

I think they will put Halloween up a little later this year, but Christmas will go up same time as usual.

When our local CVS reopened in June to customers, they still had Mother’s Day cards out. Maybe they’ll keep Christmas up till Valentines Day! :crazy:

The marathon will have to be cancelled... Florida humidity + masks+ racing with no distancing?? The winner gets to say to the person behind him/her as they approach the finish line "stay 6 feet back"!

There really isn't any humidity in January.

There really isn't any humidity in January.

Ok. But I stand by the mask and distancing thing. I hope that it isn't cancelled. I used to be a better runner than I am now, so I think it would be awesome to run through Disney. Dis also needs the revenue. But, there is going to be a lot of logistical issues to work through in order to make it happen.

The world and the "world" have been tipped upside down and inside out.

And, I have to admit, when this whole thing started, I was one of the naysayers. I thought it was a quick one-and done. I pride myself on my common sense and intelligence, but boy was I wrong.

In terms of the marathon, keep training with the hope that it happens. At the very worst, you'll maintain cardiovascular health, which isn't such a bad thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter