Holiday Inn Review

Yes, thats right no mini bar but kettle tea coffee etc, there are ice machines on every other floor so we got ice and surrounded our bottles in this and had a lovely cold drink!
No toweling robes but towels (bath and hand as well as face cloths) are supplied in all rooms.
Swimming pool towels are at pool reception.

littlelizzie said:
Yes, thats right no mini bar but kettle tea coffee etc, there are ice machines on every other floor so we got ice and surrounded our bottles in this and had a lovely cold drink!
I'd forgot about that. As the ice machines are located near the lifts it is easy to go to another floor if your one is not working.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum and also for the great tips and advice!

Most apprecaited.....SO excited for the trip.....!!!

Thank you all for the advice.

We are staying at the HI on saturday night before checking in to the Disneyland Hotel at 0900 on sunday for 4 nights, so i will be able to make a direct comparisom - it should be interesting.

Incidentally the cost for the room at HI without breakfast was 76E and with breakfast for all 4 of us was 88E. I dont care how bad it is for that money, £7 to feed the family is good value and anyway, we have a reservation at Blue Lagoon for lunch so that should perk the spirits up a bit!

:surfweb:

I just stayed here on Jun 30th-Jul 3rd.

As stated a nice hotel. Clean and bright, I was in an end room and had a fabulous view of the lake and surrounding hills.

A few comments:

There was no AC control in my room. The knob was broken off. I asked at the desk and they said it was centrally controlled, that I could not control the heat/cold in the room myself.

The lines at the desk in the day were long as they had only two people on at a time. The desk does everything - tickets, check in, all guest services.

The luggage storage is "do your own". You get a key to the luggage room from the desk and go put your own luggage in.

Thanks for the update as we're going to stay there on our forthcoming trip.

One quick question. Are the cups in the room for tea and coffee real cups or paper cups?

Thanks for the update as we're going to stay there on our forthcoming trip.

One quick question. Are the cups in the room for tea and coffee real cups or paper cups?

:laughing: I almost wanted to say real paper cups. But I refrained.....:laughing:

Seriously, in my room I had two glass cups and two ceramic mugs. I was in a standard room that was for two people.

We stayed here last year and I think the review was spot on. I personnally liked the bfast, but hey, as an american, as long as its hot and lots of it whats not to like :rotfl: We got a great deal when we stayed here and although its pitifully understaffed, i would gladly stay again if ever the opportunity arises.

What a fantastic hotel review well done, is this hotel anywhere near the premiere classe at bussey st georges as we are having 2 nights at Cheyenne and then onto premiere class :yay:

No the Holiday Inn is closer to the parks- just across the road from Santa Fe near the Explorers and Dream Castle

Just returned from spending 4 nights here. Was only meant to be 2 nights but arrived early and decided at the last minute to stay in the resort 2 extra nights (we did have alternative accomodation lined up away from the resort just in case). HI were able to accomodate us.
We did have a few problems as highlighted in my trip reports- confusion over whether we had a room booked at all or what type of room- but apart from that we really liked the hotel Hotel did give us reduced price to make up for it (20% off)

We found the air conditioning really good- we could control it ourself as someone has recently said they couldnt.

Tea/Coffee was topped up each day but with powdered milk

We bought milk from the station which we kept in the ice bucket and it kept fresh in a nice air conned room.

Didnt eat in the restaurant so cant comment - had room only which suited us better as wanted to get into the parks early

Snacks are served in the bar as well as drinks

DD enjoyed being able to go in the pool - towels free of charge

Try to check in/out outside main times if possible as reception can get very busy and seemed to take a long time for each person. Sometimes only one person checking in/out and answering queries

Would def stay there again

Great reviews people, so glad im going here now, seems great compared to some of the Disney hotels :cool1:

Thinking about booking a room here on Christmas eve for just one night. How far in advance should I book? Thanks!

angie

I'd book as early as possible as prices will tend to go up rather than down.

Just spotted this information on the Eurostar web site:

From the 1st of February 2009 the Holiday Inn - At Disneyland Resort will become the Magic Circus Hotel. Existing bookings will not be affected.

Renovation Notice

Please note that the swimming pool will be closed for renovations from November 10th 2008 until March 15th 2009. Please contact the hotel for further details.

Doesn't affect us, as we don't use the pool, but thought others might like to be aware.

That a shame as we really only stayed here because it was HI and we got points for other stays

Anybody have any idea what time the shuttle bus starts running each morning? Would you be able to get in for 8am or do they not start until later?

How long after the park closes do the shuttles run? Is there enough time to do a bit of Village shopping, or do you run the risk of missing the last bus home? :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter