"Holiday Pricing"... which restaurants and what dates in July??

kldmom2000

DIS Veteran
Contemplating a trip before my oldest DD turns 10 this July..... thinking of going the 16th-22nd. I noticed that if we did the regular DDP, it comes out to $720 for 2 adults/2 kids for 6 nights ($120 a day which leads me to believe it's considered "holiday pricing" time....) I know certain restaurants now charge and extra $5 pp during holiday pricing time such as Chef Mickey's. Allearsnet only has the dates from 2009. Can anyone clarify what the dates would be in July? Is it all of June-August 14?? Not sure if we should just pay OOP for food now....??? Thanks in advance! :)

Disney hasn't actually put the dates out there yet for public, but they are loaded into the computer. June 15-August 15, 2010, according to CM I spoke with the other day.

All you have to do is call for prices - call and ask for a buffet (Crystal Palace, Tusker House, etc.) price in March, when there is no upcharge, and then compare to July (when there is an upcharge/surcharge). You will get an increase of $4.00 + tax/adult, and $2.00 + tax/child.

This upcharge/surcharge will be present at all buffets. HTH, Tiger

Traditionally it's not just buffets, but any restaurant where payment is made per person and not per item ordered - buffet, family style, fixed price fixed menu.

Contemplating a trip before my oldest DD turns 10 this July..... thinking of going the 16th-22nd. I noticed that if we did the regular DDP, it comes out to $720 for 2 adults/2 kids for 6 nights ($120 a day which leads me to believe it's considered "holiday pricing" time....) I know certain restaurants now charge and extra $5 pp during holiday pricing time such as Chef Mickey's. Allearsnet only has the dates from 2009. Can anyone clarify what the dates would be in July? Is it all of June-August 14?? Not sure if we should just pay OOP for food now....??? Thanks in advance! :)

According to dvcnews.com, the peak (holiday) pricing dates are as follows:

February 12 - April 10, 2010
June 4 - August 14, 2010
December 17 - 31, 2010

The peak pricing is $46.99 for adults and $12.99 for children. The regular pricing is $41.99 for adults and $11.99 for children.

Link:
DVC News

According to dvcnews.com, the peak (holiday) pricing dates are as follows:

February 12 - April 10, 2010
June 4 - August 14, 2010
December 17 - 31, 2010

The peak pricing is $46.99 for adults and $12.99 for children. The regular pricing is $41.99 for adults and $11.99 for children.

Link:
DVC News

These dates are for regular dining plan peak pricing. Those dates and prices are correct, if the OP is intending to purchase the regular dining plan. If you're just trying to pay out of pocket and want to know if there's a higher price for that, Tiger's post is the only information on that I've seen for 2010. Disney hasn't released any dates for a "peak surcharge" for cash guests.

Traditionally it's not just buffets, but any restaurant where payment is made per person and not per item ordered - buffet, family style, fixed price fixed menu.

Thanks for the correction - I was only thinking of buffets based on OP's mention of Chef Mickeys.

I've spoken with 2 different CMs about this, and they said they hoped that Disney would release the info to the public soon, as it's already March.

You can also do the trick I mentioned with booking a meal such as CRT - you will then actually see the different prices on the screen, without actually having to book it.

We are going in a few days (no upcharge) as well as our regularly scheduled almost 2 weeks in July (upcharges in effect), so I have prices for several meals. If I remember correctly, for example, CRT is normally $54.? and it will be $59.? during the upcharge period.

HTH, Tiger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter