Hollywood/Downtown LA accomodation suggestions

sapphiresmiles

Earning My Ears
Hello brains trust,

I am headed to the Hollywood/Downtown LA area in late December/early January and am really struggling to find decent accommodation for a decent price. I'd prefer to stay somewhere in the Hollywood area, near the Chinese Theatre and all the touristy goodness, but really would appreciate some suggestions on places to stay. The total stay length is 6 nights.

Thank you in advance :)

You don't want to stay in Hollywood. It's often eye-opening what the expectations are for tourists vs. the reality. Think sketchy knock-off costumed characters and overpriced gift shops.

When I stay in LA, I stay in Studio City, specifically the Garland.

You don't want to stay in Hollywood. It's often eye-opening what the expectations are for tourists vs. the reality. Think sketchy knock-off costumed characters and overpriced gift shops.

When I stay in LA, I stay in Studio City, specifically the Garland.
Yeah, I've been to Hollywood before so I'm aware of the sketchyness. But I'll look at the Garland, thanks.

I'd prefer to stay somewhere in the Hollywood area, near the Chinese Theatre and all the touristy goodness, but really would appreciate some suggestions on places to stay.
I suggest Holiday Inn Express on Highland. Or the Magic Castle Hotel - a little above your budget - but a great hotel close to everything.
Check out the Hollywood Orchid Suites - close to the Lowe's.
Hampton Inn is a little farther away on Vine St but in your price range.

My cousin and her husband just stayed at Hollywood Bright Suites - an apartment building (not AirB&B) with a full kitchen. They loved it.

I suggest Holiday Inn Express on Highland. Or the Magic Castle Hotel - a little above your budget - but a great hotel close to everything.
Check out the Hollywood Orchid Suites - close to the Lowe's.
Hampton Inn is a little farther away on Vine St but in your price range.

My cousin and her husband just stayed at Hollywood Bright Suites - an apartment building (not AirB&B) with a full kitchen. They loved it.
Thank you! I’ll have a look at these!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts