• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hollywood&Vine or PrimeTime Cafe

Definitely make adrs - restaurants at MGM-Disney Studios get very busy in the evening before Fantasmic.

Hollywood and Vine is a buffet with a decent selection of foods.
Pros - you could get the fantasmic dinner package with guarenteed seating; your whole family can enjoy everything on the buffet (i.e. your boys aren't limited to a kid's menu).
Cons - you have to get up and serve yourself (and probably your boys as well); not much in the way of theming or interaction at the restaurant.

50's Primetime Cafe is a casual sit down restaurant with waitstaff interaction.
Pros - it can be a very "fun" restaurant; you are served (no having to get up).
Cons - you would have to share with the 1 yr old (as he is not on dining plan); can be a little obnoxious if you are not in the mood.

I would say that the food from the two places is about equal.

We didn't like Hollywood and Vine. The food was just Okay, and the atmosphere didn't seem very fun for the kids either. We did the Fantasmic package and I was pretty dissapointed with the seats. You sit all the way over to the right side of the stage. We did better just going in about 15 minutes before show time, it's a 9,000 person auditorium, so unless you are going at the very busiest season, I was told you wouldn't have a problem getting a seat. When we went last week, the crowds were at about an 8 and we got a great seat about 10 minutes before the show and didn't have to wait in line. I've never been to Prime Time, but I have heard good things about it.

sunsetdenise said:
for a sitdown dinner. We have 3 boys 9,4,1. Which would you chose and should we make ADRS?

We had dinner around 6:00 PM last Sunday at Prime Time Cafe without an advanced reservation, this was the last day of ESPN weekend and the park was very busy, our wait for a table was about 15 minutes.

Our boys (5 & 3) loved it, and we loved it. The decor puts you back into the 1950's. and the waitresses are very strict, no elbows on the table, set your own table, eat your vegatables, and so on. Our older son wasn't allowed to have desert until he finished his broccoli. The food was very good, I had a seared tuna salad, the wife had the pot roast. We didn't get milkshakes, but everyone around us had them and they looked great.

It's definately on our "must visit" list for our next trip to MGM.

We have not done the buffet but enjoy the 50's Primetime Cafe almost every trip. If you go with the 50's make an ADR if you are going in the summer or any other busy period or you will wait for an eternity...if you get in at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter