Holy August &September car rental rates $$$$$

I may be asking a dumb question but......

Are you all who are looking for rental cars staying on property????

If you are staying on property, why get a rental car????? I have been going to WDW for years but flying down once a year to every other year for the past 15 yrs and never get a rental car and make use of Disney's transportation. With careful planning, we have NEVER missed a reservation or got angry from waiting too long.

If you are staying on property, generally speaking, Alamo at the Care Care Center is way cheaper than getting the rental car from the airport. As I said that I never get a rental car but I looked up rental cars prices for someone on another forum and was able to save him close to $200.00 by reserving the car at CCC instead of MCO.

If you are staying on property, why get a rental car????? I have been going to WDW for years but flying down once a year to every other year for the past 15 yrs and never get a rental car and make use of Disney's transportation. With careful planning, we have NEVER missed a reservation or got angry from waiting too long.

If you are staying on property, generally speaking, Alamo at the Care Care Center is way cheaper than getting the rental car from the airport. As I said that I never get a rental car but I looked up rental cars prices for someone on another forum and was able to save him close to $200.00 by reserving the car at CCC instead of MCO.
DVC Member for 25 years and have always had a car with one exception.
Prefer the car for many reasons and will pay for it despite complaining about the high $$$$

Do you always get it from MCO or CCC?

Usually, MCO. But I have also dropped off and/or picked up on Hotel Boulevard. I take the bus to Disney Springs and walk over in 5 minutes. I have a routine that is a part of the 'vacation experience' for me. MCO > Grocery Store > Check-in.

We're back to renting a car on every trip during onsite stays. With the exception of MK, it's simply easier to drive everywhere. You get to go where you want, when you want, without the frustrating waits that come from Disney transportation. We eat at resorts other than our own a lot, which is difficult when using Disney transportation. And we also spend a fair bit of time at Disney Springs and those buses have been among the worst I've encountered in the past decade.

I try almost every pickup/drop-off combination under the sun, but the MCO pick ups/drop-offs have been consistently less expensive than elsewhere the past couple of years. And it looks to be the same for my October trip -- MCO is showing $359 for a 10-night stay, CCC is showing $859.

We're back to renting a car on every trip during onsite stays. With the exception of MK, it's simply easier to drive everywhere. You get to go where you want, when you want, without the frustrating waits that come from Disney transportation. We eat at resorts other than our own a lot, which is difficult when using Disney transportation. And we also spend a fair bit of time at Disney Springs and those buses have been among the worst I've encountered in the past decade.

I try almost every pickup/drop-off combination under the sun, but the MCO pick ups/drop-offs have been consistently less expensive than elsewhere the past couple of years. And it looks to be the same for my October trip -- MCO is showing $359 for a 10-night stay, CCC is showing $859.

Who has 359? Best I am seeing without going code/contract crazy is $424 for 10 nights. Avis via BJs.

LOL....Yes I guess Costco would be cheaper.

We spend almost every night at Disney Springs on our trips and love staying at POR (without a car). Take the boat to and from Disney Springs. As they say, each their own. We have never had a rental car and have never missed it. We just add a little extra time into our transportation time but since it is just my wife and I, we don't have to worry about totting around strollers and kids. For us, a rental car is just another expense we don't have to deal with and Disney transportation is all part of the vacation. I guess we have never gone back home after a vacation to WDW and complained about the transportation. The longest I ever remember waiting for a bus is 30 minutes and we don't consider that long at all plus when you consider the time to walk out to the car, drive to where ever (longer routes than the buses take), park and walk in from the car, to us it is a toss up. LOL....what we save on not paying for a rental we spend at Raglan Road or Rose & Crown.

I've had a trip planned for 8/4 to 8/16 for a while. The price of a minivan rental for that time is as high as I can ever recall paying. I always make a rez early and then cancel it if a better offer comes along - this time around I started at $790 and the lowest the rate has been in months is $690 (via Costco for Alamo). It's now back up to $910 for the same period. I've tried every avenue I can think of, and the only thing that came close was renting a car through my Credit Card reward site - that actually got me a lower rate (about $590), and let me apply $150 in reward points towards it - but I confirmed that did NOT include an extra driver (which I want). So at the end of the day, to add that on would have been a hassle and would have ended up costing the same. C'est la vie. Hopefully someone here finds a better deal before I go.

As for the non "national brand" rental places at Orlando, never again. I did Fox once years ago and when we got there, they had no car for us. It took hours to locate one and we had to get bused to another lot they owned in the city. Just not worth it.

I've had a trip planned for 8/4 to 8/16 for a while. The price of a minivan rental for that time is as high as I can ever recall paying. I always make a rez early and then cancel it if a better offer comes along - this time around I started at $790 and the lowest the rate has been in months is $690 (via Costco for Alamo). It's now back up to $910 for the same period. I've tried every avenue I can think of, and the only thing that came close was renting a car through my Credit Card reward site - that actually got me a lower rate (about $590), and let me apply $150 in reward points towards it - but I confirmed that did NOT include an extra driver (which I want). So at the end of the day, to add that on would have been a hassle and would have ended up costing the same. C'est la vie. Hopefully someone here finds a better deal before I go.

As for the non "national brand" rental places at Orlando, never again. I did Fox once years ago and when we got there, they had no car for us. It took hours to locate one and we had to get bused to another lot they owned in the city. Just not worth it.

Thank you for the Fox review!

I have a minivan in August for one week for $475 and have no idea if that is a good price since we have never rented before. Started at $660, went down to $475 and now it’s back up to $550. I just keep checking....
Also thanks for fox review,,,,,,we will stick with Alamo out of MCO with extra driver included

we rent, the DH is a golfer and likes to have his car for the parks as well, avoids the buses and the craziness that goes with park close. I booked our suv for 13 nights a few months ago, and checked again today, its gone up around $220...nuts. its never been this expensive before and we have rented a car every sept for 2 weeks since 2010.I dont see the prices dropping too much between now and sept....Im glad i booked back when i did.

Like $700 high! I can drop it to almost half if I pick up at Hotel Boulevard. Great except they close at 6:00 p.m. Could MDE and then pick up the car the next day but that defeats my whole purpose of going a day early to get the villa set up with groceries.

We have a minivan rental from 8/30 - 9/16 through Thrifty. We started off at $960 and we are currently at $623.

For Sept 2-10th still very high, this is crazy. In April my husband was flying into Jacksonville for a wedding, the rates were super high until the week of and I got the 3 days fro $80, but again that was the week of. I don't know if I want to wait to the week of for our Disney trip. I would love to have it done and booked now. Has anyone done priceline?

For Sept 2-10th still very high, this is crazy. In April my husband was flying into Jacksonville for a wedding, the rates were super high until the week of and I got the 3 days fro $80, but again that was the week of. I don't know if I want to wait to the week of for our Disney trip. I would love to have it done and booked now. Has anyone done priceline?

I have int he past with good luck but worried about extra driver fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter