"Homemade" chips

MrsBlovesDisney

DIS Veteran
Ok....so I read this on another site....

".... the “homemade” chips, freshly fried, hand cut – whatever you want to call them – that do not come out of a bag. Sommerfest in Germany has a version with paprika-curry spice. You can also find them at several food courts – Port Orleans Riverside and Art of Animation both have a yummy version."

We eat at the CR's Contempo Cafe quite frequently when we're down in Disney. They have what's called "Mouse-made chips". A few years back when they first came out the chips had a distinct flavor to them......as if they might have even had a little bit of sugar sprinkled on them?? I remember looking forward to having them again on future visits but they don't taste like that anymore (which is probably a GOOD thing 'cuz I don't need any EXTRA sugar lol:rotfl:)!!

In reading the above, I'm wondering if anyone can comment on the chips at POR or AoA? I'm curious if there's a distinct flavor to them?? Thx!!:)

I thought the ones at POR were good. I didn't find them to be unique or have any special flavoring to them. They were very similar, in my opinion, to fresh "homemade" chips I have had up here in NJ.

1) Territory Lunge at Wilderness Lodge has homemade chips.
2) They are pretty good!
3) Of course, copious amounts of single-malt-scotch improves the chip's taste.

I thought the ones at POR were good. I didn't find them to be unique or have any special flavoring to them. They were very similar, in my opinion, to fresh "homemade" chips I have had up here in NJ.

Thank you!:thumbsup2

1) Territory Lunge at Wilderness Lodge has homemade chips.
2) They are pretty good!
3) Of course, copious amounts of single-malt-scotch improves the chip's taste.

:rotfl2::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter